UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Leben: I had ring rust, but Brunson is boring

1/2/13 11:37 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1295 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

Although he hasn't given an official interview since his UFC 155 loss to Derek Brunson, Chris Leben has taken to Twitter to explain his side of the fight:

i just watched the fight. Hindsight is 20/20 there's def some things i would change about my performance. Coaches game plan was dead on

I just had a little ring rust. But that being said derek brunson is a boring fighter the times he hit me, i let him just to get him to swing

read official Twitter...

1/2/13 11:48 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
BeatonHauff
105 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

True enough, and then celebrated like he won the belt at the end. Phone Post
1/2/13 11:56 PM
HandyDarsh
244 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BeatonHauff -  True enough, and then celebrated like he won the belt at the end. Phone Post

your a straight shooter my friend

1/3/13 12:00 AM
Don_Dada
217 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BeatonHauff - True enough, and then celebrated like he won the belt at the end. Phone Post
It was like a full body erection. Phone Post
1/3/13 12:11 AM
DethKlok
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ahhh UFC, bring guys in to lose, everyone gets petulant when they actually win. Fuck they are still relying on guys like Leben and Bonnar to make ugly sloppy slug fests. I will take boring over that crap any day.

Just shut up and and go back to the damn drawing board. Also Dana should learn to fake a smile.
1/3/13 12:15 AM
GayGuardMooseSaucy
517 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He came in on short notice and beat Leben, fuck his excuses. Phone Post
1/3/13 12:34 AM
Sho_Gunn
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dillon70 - 
GayGuardMooseSaucy - He came in on short notice and beat Leben, fuck his excuses. Phone Post
This Phone Post

^

1/3/13 12:36 AM
OldManMinerva

GayGuardMooseSaucy -  He came in on short notice and beat Leben, fuck his excuses. Phone Post

aye.
1/3/13 12:41 AM
Poindexter
57 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Brunson stunk it up. Phone Post
1/3/13 1:31 AM
ChaosOverkill
742 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

After another performance like that he might get cut after a win

1/3/13 9:42 AM
NINERS76

Hey Leben some guys dont have a perminate spot on the roster like you do. Some guys need to win to stay with the UFC. Here is an idea try and develope a little Leben and you might win some of the boring fights instead of the slobber knocker. Good job Brunson. You came in short notice and did what you had to. Leben you have nobody to blame but yourself.
1/3/13 10:03 AM
buckshot44
64 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Agree with Leben, Brunson is just another lay n pray fighter I'd rather not watch.
1/3/13 11:32 AM
JeffersonDArcyChoke
410 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tyron Woodley's mom remains quiet during Derek Brunson fights. Phone Post
1/3/13 11:44 AM
Luigipe

Brunson is a good wretler and won by takedowns in a boring fight, is not a mma fighter, agree tith leben.
1/3/13 12:07 PM
TEX4N32
270 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JeffersonDArcyChoke - Tyron Woodley's mom remains quiet during Derek Brunson fights. Phone Post
LOL Phone Post
1/3/13 1:10 PM
mmavixen
1121 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I love Leben.  He's a guy that's a proven vet.  Derek, on the other hand, really needs to show up more if he plans to stick around.

1/3/13 1:26 PM
Acidic

What the fuck did you expect from Brunson? 

To take the fight on short notice and throw away his main weapon to fight his opponent in his own game.

Boring fight? yes, but Dana doesnt understand MMA enough to have put that fight on the undercard. Blame him

1/3/13 1:30 PM
Winston Wolf
56 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dillon70 - 

BRUNSON: 9 FINISHES IN 12 FIGHTS

LEBEN: BUTTHURT

/THREAD

1/3/13 1:38 PM
bearockbrobama
258 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

IDOHARM -
BeatonHauff - True enough, and then celebrated like he won the belt at the end. Phone Post
I'd probably piss myself if I managed to beat a veteran in my first fight on the biggest stage there is. Don't get me wrong, Brunson is definitely boring and it was an over reaction, but shit. Phone Post
Especially when on a two fight losing streak. Phone Post
1/3/13 1:41 PM
PJ Benn Fan
300 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Acidic - 

What the fuck did you expect from Brunson? 

To take the fight on short notice and throw away his main weapon to fight his opponent in his own game.

Boring fight? yes, but Dana doesnt understand MMA enough to have put that fight on the undercard. Blame him

Some good points here.

Brunson took a fight on very short notice against a guy who can put anyone away with one shot.

Besides all that its not like Leben doesnt have a ground game so there werent many options for Brunson to go on.

He would have probably been KOd if he stood and banged.

And he possibly could have been subbed if he got sloppy on the ground.

Remembering that it was Brunsons first UFC fight and probably the most money he ever had a chance at earning, I think he fought the perfect fight under tough circumstances!

If Dana wanted an exciting fight, he should have matched Leben up with someone of similar credentials in terms of UFC experience and pay!

1/3/13 1:43 PM
mmavixen
1121 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dillon70 - 
mmavixen - 

I love Leben.  He's a guy that's a proven vet.  Derek, on the other hand, really needs to show up more if he plans to stick around.

this is what makes this whole thread sad...a guy who lost 3 of his last 4 has job security, BUT a fighter who took a fight on short notice AND WON is in danger of being cut....

How is this sad?  I've seen Derek's two fights prior to this and wasn't impressed.

Leben, on the other hand, is a proven warrior with a huge fanbase.  What is sad about that??? It's called reality.

1/3/13 3:02 PM
stop_it_right_meow
131 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

heres like the only post fight interview of leben I could find. 

1/3/13 3:09 PM
Barbalos

Honestly Leben looked terrible. I don't think he would have had an exciting fight with anyone considering how bad he looked. Hopefully Brunson improves but I'm not sure... it was quite short notice also.
1/3/13 3:41 PM
ausgepicht

Dillon70 - 

BRUNSON: 9 FINISHES IN 12 FIGHTS

LEBEN: BUTTHURT

/THREAD

That about sums it up. Brunson had VERY short notice, did the best he could and even came close to finishing with a choke.

Still a Leben fan, but it is really a meathead's way of thinking if you think someone's punches landing on your face and not bothering you matter. You may not find them to hurt, but when the judge's are watching someone punch you in the face it "hurts" you. They score the round 10-9 for the other guy and you lose the fight and don't get a win bonus. So ultimately they are way more damaging beyond the physicality of them.

1/3/13 7:23 PM
mmavixen

Dillon70 - 
mmavixen -
Dillon70 - 
mmavixen - 

this is what makes this whole thread sad...a guy who lost 3 of his last 4 has job security, BUT a fighter who took a fight on short notice AND WON is in danger of being cut....

How is this sad?  I've seen Derek's two fights prior to this and wasn't impressed.

Leben, on the other hand, is a proven warrior with a huge fanbase.  What is sad about that??? It's called reality.

And leben has lost 3 of 4 and embarrassed his company and himself...

Were you impressed with leben's last 2..? Phone Post

I think you're obviously not a Leben fan.  I am not one of these "what has my favorite fighter done for me lately" fans.  Can anyone forget what Leben did not long before that?  Th guy had two finishes in a matter of app. 2 weeks once.  That's the Leben I remember.

Go back to my original post and read it.  I never badmouthed Brunson, he seems like a sweet guy.  I said if he wants to stick around he's going to have to show up next time.  Did you not hear what the boss said about him?  If he doesn't, he'll be cut, and Leben will still be around.  And that is a fact.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.