UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> TUF 16 sucked from start to finish

1/3/13 12:30 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Jack Skellington
711 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Not beat a dead horse here but there's a reason why this season had the lowest ratings in the history of The Ultimate Fighter. It was just awful to watch. The only 2 good things to come out of the season were Shane Carwin & Mike Ricci. Other then that, the ENTIRE seson was forgetable. Big Country could have Skyped the entire season from his living room he did so little. And the coaches challenge was laughable, especially compared to the US Marine Obstacle Course Faber & Cruz did the season prior.

We didn't even get to see Carwin & Nelson fight either, that was the only reason most fans were watching in the first place. The whole Friday night time slot didn't help either as I found myself forgetting it was on more often then not. And the winner of the show Colton Smith just point grappled his way to the win, every fight. I don't think this guy has much of a future in the UFC as there are plenty of better wrestlers in the WW division now.

Thank god this season is over now lets never speak of it again.

1/3/13 12:33 AM
Scramble City
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I miss TUF LIVE, seriously that was my favorite rendation of TUF ever, it really did feel like a tournament (which people have long complained for) and the live fights gave it a fresh dynamic feel of an actual event.
1/3/13 12:35 AM
BeatonHauff
33 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

VTFU

1/3/13 12:37 AM
UGCTT_chuckles1
185 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The smashes was amazing though. Great season all the way through Phone Post
1/3/13 2:16 AM
Dougie
834 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TUF comeback was great

1/3/13 2:23 AM
ChaosOverkill
451 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It's cause they didn't let him Bang, if they had... well!

1/3/13 2:45 AM
BENDOver and Take it Like a Diaz
79 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Let me bang bro becoming a Mega-Meme made it all worthwhile.

1/3/13 2:46 AM
yellow wrkahlc
102 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Just because TUF 16 was out doesn't mean TUF 17 won't be in.

1/3/13 3:25 AM
MMALOGIC

carwin/nelson didnt happen... cruz/faber didnt happen... vitor/wand didnt happen... Brock/JDS didnt happen... chuck/tito didnt happen.   Tuf has runs it's course in the united states.

the show worked because there was a level of demand for mma where people would watch 30 minutes of shit to get a fight.

We now have 31 events a year... all fights on every event (up to 12 per) being aired.  The supply of mma is more than meeting the demand.

If people want to watch douchebags they'll watch jersey shore or some other MTV style reality show... the current structure of tuf cant compete with live event fights where you have a crowd and commentary and it cant compete with the drama of an MTV style reality show.  So what's the point anymore?

Even the structure doesnt work... normally when you have 16 participants on a reality show they all compete on each episode.  For example the next iron chef has I believe - 12 participants.  They each  compete on each episode eliminating one after another.  with tuf only 2 out of the 16 participants compete in each episode.  American idol: each particpant competes each week... this format isnt ideal for MMA.

I believe the only format for a reality show that makes sense for MMA is a 4 man tournament where you bring in 4 of the best prospects in a certain weight class, tape all 3 fights, air them all in one episode and the winner gets a UFC contract. Rpeat the same thing next week with a different weight class.  That's the only "reality show" the UFC should have in the United States.

Chael and the new timeslot may have bought some time but I believe the current tuf format needs to be revamped for the american market.

1/3/13 12:07 PM
frederic
579 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I remember the fights to get into the house were decent. Once they were in the house, the fight strategy was to not lose. Even $5k bonuses for finishes was not enough motivation for them.
1/3/13 12:20 PM
Smellde Gluve
554 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BENDOver and Take it Like a Diaz - 

Let me bang bro becoming a Mega-Meme made it all worthwhile.

Yeah that was definitely the highlight of the season.

1/3/13 12:23 PM
frederic
579 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_chuckles1 -  The smashes was amazing though. Great season all the way through Phone Post

UFC Brazil was good too.
1/3/13 12:29 PM
mmavixen
1112 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 01/03/13 12:35 PM

I've never missed a TUF season.  I've also been angry when people were too hard on seasons I thought were interesting and good television in  a lot of ways.  However, this last season was simply unbearable.  I feel really bad for guys like Sam Alvey who are good guys and were trapped in there with some of the other d-bags.

And seriously, what happened?  Some guys seemed to not even care about fighting.  Why be there, for your 15 minutes???

1/3/13 12:33 PM
BrCutter
191 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm with vixen.  I have watched every season from start to finish, but this season was just plain bad.  There's been seasons and this one, where I just dvr it and watch the fights, but damn, I had a hard time with even some of the fights this time.  To segway with what vixen said too, I feel bad for a few guys who wanted to take it as serious as they could.  Maybe they weren't going to be UFC level talent, dunno, but they wanted to. 

1/3/13 12:45 PM
Poindexter
55 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

16 was worst ever.

1/3/13 12:46 PM
RPBJJ
97 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

but think of all the great fights we have coming from the kid that won it..... zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz..... sorry I fell asleep typing that.
1/3/13 12:47 PM
Acidic

UGCTT_chuckles1 -  The smashes was amazing though. Great season all the way through Phone Post

Better then the last 10+ seasons of TUF in my opinion. 

1/4/13 4:35 AM
Jack Skellington
711 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

RPBJJ - but think of all the great fights we have coming from the kid that won it..... zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz..... sorry I fell asleep typing that.

ahaha agreed

1/4/13 4:47 AM
Iskalainen
48 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

frederic - 

UFC Brazil was good too.

This. And this.
1/4/13 5:15 AM
krizogg

It wasn't great, but it was still better than most crap on TV. It's like sex, even when it's bad it's still a bit good. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.