UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> NCAA Wrestling

1/6/13 11:37 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
judom
114 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

also, how can I forget: Caldwell will do well for Oklahoma State.

He won't beat Taylor or Dake, but he will get All-American at the NCAA's, add more points for Oklahoma State.

If Oklahoma State gets a little lucky and Penn State makes a mistake, Oklahoma State can even with it all.

I just hope Z does not get injured again !
1/6/13 12:12 PM
SinCityHustler
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GregBell  - 
SinCityHustler - 
judom - UGCTT,

I am an Oklahoma State fan. I think Penn state will win the NCAA's, followed by Oklahoma, then Minesota and may be Missouri.

Oklahoma State will dominate Iowa next week in the dual. I see an ass whooping coming: Oliver, Perry, Morrison, Chinouma and Z will win. Can't wait.

Interesting, I don't think I've heard anyone else pick Oklahoma to finish as high as 2nd. 

Barring injury or team suspenssions, Penn State really looks like they have this one locked up.  Their showing at the Southern Scuffel really made a statememnt for their team strength this season.  WIth 2 National Championship contenders out of their line up, (149 and 157) they still won the tournament over the #2 and #3 teams in the country.  That's impressive.  

My personal pick is with Cal Poly to score some points and look to get some guys in the medal matches.  

Some story lines to follow include:

125: Can Iowa's McDonough win his 3rd National Title over  a host of tough underclassmen?  I hope not!

133: Logan Steiber, possibly the very best wrestler in college today looking to repeat at 133 pounds and win his 2nd National Title.  I think he beats up Ramos pretty good in the final

141: Maple, Steiber, who's going to win it?  

149: Lots of horses here including Oklahoma State Penn State and Ohio State looking to get a finalist for the team race.

157: Ditto as above, Penn State and Iowa should contend

165: The dream final betwen Dake and Taylor.  Can't wait, lets go Taylor

174 people will still be catching their breath after the 165 pound final and will probably miss this final altogether. 

184: RUTH RUTH RUTH

197: This weight is loaded.  Can't wait to see how it pans out. 

HWT Z Z Z Z and in z I mean OSU heavyweight

Morgan mcintosh going to ride it out if wright beats him out? He still has his redshirt right.

Morgan is currently redshirting and Wright is a senior.  Next season it's Morgan's weight class and he should be down right nasty.  

1/6/13 1:34 PM
Greg Southworth

Kenny was running a club in the Dallas area a couple years ago and has been back at OSU as an assistant coach the past couple years. We just started a new promotion with Rich Chou from Strikeforce and we'll be announcing our first event soon.

www.BattleGroundsMMA.com Phone Post
1/6/13 2:15 PM
wiggum
258 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Did you guys see Bubby Graham (OU) v. Tyler Caldwell (OSU)?

Bubby hit one of the most insane takedowns I've ever seen - a standing cartwheel to escape a Russian 2on1
1/6/13 2:21 PM
jayflo145
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Great thread! Being an ex cornhusker I am biased. But, it is not their time.

I have:
1) penn state
2) okie st
3) Iowa
4) Cornell
5) Ohio st.

Teams to watch
Nebraska, Maryland, Oklahoma, cal poly, northwestern

Go Jason welch! See yous guys in Iowa come march! Phone Post
1/6/13 2:45 PM
judom
114 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

jayflo, what about missouri ?
1/6/13 4:10 PM
Greg Southworth

Marquardt Cormier Phone Post
1/6/13 4:10 PM
Greg Southworth

Are coming to OSU Iowa Phone Post
1/13/13 5:36 PM
UGCTT_Fillthy
272 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 01/13/13 5:39 PM

Heard Handy was was there...just saw that OSU won, didn't get to listen.  Hopefully I can catch a replay on BTN.

Following the twitter, it looked like a close meet.  Ramos won - but Lofthouse, Evans, and Burak all lost by a point.

2/3/13 1:33 PM
UGCTT_Fillthy
272 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 02/03/13 1:33 PM

WAR HAWKEYES!

You Must Watch This Dual!

Back and forth, lots of actions...

Here's the real question - does Iowa leapfrog over OK State to #1, following close wins over Minnesota and  Penn State, or does OK State move in to the top slot by virtue of their razor-thin win over Iowa?

Lots of great wrestling this year, feeling good to be a Hawkeye.  Let's hope Lofthouse can get back on track in time for the NCAA Championships, Iowa will need the team points.  Even if he can't overcome Ruth in the finals (and I'm not saying he can't).

2/3/13 2:43 PM
UGCTT_Fillthy

That was last year.  This year, OK State won on team points, by one decision.  I think Iowa would have won on criteria if it had been tied.  I think Kelly and Lofthouse are the keys to Iowa winning the team championship.  They need to step up and perform.  If they go to the wrestleback bracket, they need to dominate and accrue a lot of bonus points.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.