UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Does Anderson have KO power?

1/3/13 4:54 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
sparkuri
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He doesn't have one punch haymaker power. That's one thing that will always be missing in any of his fights, unless someone does it to him.

But I've knocked people out without throwing haymakers, and I'd brag about that, citing my "KO power", so he certainly can !

Accuracy is a far more important attribute, unless you're a designated hitter. I'd love to see him take a chance and throw a bomb. He'd probably look weird doing it the first few times.

1/3/13 4:56 PM
Smokemonster
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

IDOHARM -
simonpe - He KO'd Forrest with a jab... Phone Post
That shit was hilarious. Phone Post
This Phone Post
1/3/13 5:35 PM
Tad Ghostal
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

sparkuri - 

He doesn't have one punch haymaker power. That's one thing that will always be missing in any of his fights, unless someone does it to him.

But I've knocked people out without throwing haymakers, and I'd brag about that, citing my "KO power", so he certainly can !

Accuracy is a far more important attribute, unless you're a designated hitter. I'd love to see him take a chance and throw a bomb. He'd probably look weird doing it the first few times.

The only time I've seen him throw a haymaker was against Chael in the 1st fight. It did look very weird, what with his long, skinny arms.
1/3/13 5:44 PM
Tad Ghostal
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

kungfugrip - have we seen Silva throw punches with the intent to ko? He punchs to hit not ko. Hendo throws everything he can into a punch every time. A little different to the way silva throws punches.

Even with that said, I think if you ask any fight that has fought silva if silva has a power in his hands, I bet they would say yes. No one has walked through his punches yet

This is what I find interesting and why I started this thread. He's the only man to stop Leben and Bonner, and Chael mentioned he's never been hit so hard, yet Anderson hardly ever puts people to sleep.

One of the best descriptions of his striking that I've heard is that he steals your soul. It's like he knows how to put just enough power into his strikes to turn you into a quivering mess but not quite enough to actually knock you out, almost as if he wants you to be awake to feel the pain. Scary shit.
1/3/13 5:55 PM
MattyJ
55 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He has a naturally long lean physique(beep), and fights perfectly for his shape, someone shaped like Tyson who is stocky, heavily muscled will always throw massive heavy hooks with more power than someone with a lankier frame.

That being said Anderson is still devastatingly powerful. Phone Post
1/3/13 6:02 PM
CGJiuJitsu
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tad Ghostal - I don't think so. He's never put anyone to sleep with one punch and his only 'one shot KO' was against Tony Frykland with the crazy Ong Bak elbow-uppercut.

Rogan often mentions that you're born with power and if you don't have it there's nothing you can do to gain it. If that's true I think it shows how incredible Anderson's technique and accuracy is, that he can be such a devastating striker with such little raw power.

Is power innate and is Anderson the exception that proves the rule?

He has a Precision, and that my friend is much better than just raw power...  

Also, See Nick Diaz for someone that drops people without extreme power.

Precision, Timing, Distance Control, etc. etc. etc, I'll take those and happily deal with not having "Power"...

1/3/13 6:29 PM
HandyDarsh
115 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BuddyRevell -
CaliKush -  His knees have ko power Phone Post

And elbows.

And feet Phone Post
1/3/13 6:44 PM
orcus

"I honestly think it's ridiculous when people say this. He didn't "KO" him, Forrest pretty much threw his hands up and said no more after that punch. In no way was he out cold."

Who did Fedor knock out cold other than Glassjawski?

1/3/13 6:48 PM
5 Round Main Event

Anderson has great power.

He is an incredible talent and he knows that just because he has great power, that doesn't mean he needs to throw every shot with 80% to 100% power.

Most of his punches are probably in the 30% to 60% range of his power, he TKO's people with ease.

Could you imagine if he actually hit someone with 100% of his power? I doubt he ever has in an MMA fight.
1/4/13 1:50 AM
88samurai88
255 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BradGluckman - 

voted you up for making me LOL...
1/4/13 2:44 AM
Entreri

Zed Wayne Zed - Well, put it like this.

If you can breathe, he can put you down in cartoon-like fashion.

1/4/13 4:23 AM
aluminum_rooster

RobinVanRooney -  OP is retard Phone Post

completely

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.