UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Dana White saves a little girl's New Years Eve...

1/3/13 7:36 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Orcus Knows MMA Better Than Goku
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

cool of dana but why would they bring their 10 year old girl to a concert like that?

1/3/13 7:55 PM
TBidness
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You hear Dana doing shit of this nature pretty consistently.

TBidness
1/3/13 8:04 PM
GTFOOHWTBS
61 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I was there at that concert. Best NYE countdown ever...

1/3/13 8:15 PM
the geek
166 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Great story dude. I could visualize the whole thing in my head. Phone Post
1/3/13 8:17 PM
D241
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Layzie my man!!! Great story dude!! I try to vote up your threads everytime I can, you contribute so much awesomeness to this place. You're very underappreciated imo.

Also, you're probably a cool dude in real life from what I gather. You tell a story well. I was hanging on just about every word and I lol'd when you made the analogy that "the lady could play for the Oakland Raiders"(at least this year).  She probably could've played for them anytime the past 10 seasons, lol, Raiders Suck.

And there aren't too many jobs like Dana's where it's your job to backtrack and overpromote, etc....So keeping in mind his job title and what his responsabilities are, he's actually a really good guy. 

1/3/13 8:19 PM
KFED4

great story man!! i swear if i could just make one wish it would be to hang out for a few days with Dana.. guys seems so cool and normal to me despite all the fame and fortune
1/3/13 8:24 PM
MMARAIDER

Good story sir........ But no need to kick the Raiders while they're down..... Phone Post
1/3/13 8:25 PM
poopstripe
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I might have had the wrong impression of you Layzie..used to think you were just a Diaz nut swinger..but you got some skills in the writing dept. Great story and couldnt agree more on people not showing common courtesy.
Iam gonna see Social Distortion in a few weeks and just know I will be thinking back to what you wrote at some point in the night..
1/3/13 8:28 PM
DrunkenOtter
120 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

sacredhate - Hard not to like DFW when you hear stories like this one as the rule and not the exception.
This.

Also, were you bummed that everyone else got invited to the VIP section but you?;) Phone Post
1/3/13 8:30 PM
3rdLion
229 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dana is a genuinely good guy, glad to see he shares the wealth. Phone Post
1/3/13 8:34 PM
greentrousers
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

who the fuck brings a 10 year old girl to a mosh pit??, then leaves said girl at a vip section while hanging out with your 5 friends.

i'm sorry but what while what dana did was cool, that is a shit mom. good story.
1/3/13 8:34 PM
JayBRO

Good stuff on Dana's part...

And lmao at another pot smoking douche who thinks Nick Diaz will win because all the drug smokers like to unite haha.

Diaz won't win a single round Phone Post
1/3/13 8:35 PM
UGCTT_granite007
115 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Good stuff, thanks.

1/3/13 8:54 PM
blueheron20816
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wu Massacre - Thats a nice story. I personally can't stand moshing and think it's sooo immature. I could never go into a pit because I know it would get to the point where some guy pushes or punches me and I would be forced to remove several of his teeth. I've been to a few rock shows and I hate when I am standing, especially with a girl, and the crowd starts going nuts and slamming into everybody and she gets squished. I also hate when people slam into me and even push me when I'm clearly not in a pit. I usually push them back and try make eye contact with a death stare like don't fucking do that or I will beat you down and let them feel my strength but it's a bit of an unpleasant experience overall, but one I don't try force, unlike those a-holes. I guess you could just go with it, but I'm there to listen to the music. Never been much of a dancer, except I can do the male half of grinding, which is awesome. It sucks because I really like hearing all kinds of music live and would like to see RHCP for example but people moshing pisses me off. I had a good friend that liked to mosh and I put up with him cus he was a funny guy but he was always one of those guys that thought he was the hottest shit but actually was a fairly crap fighter but wanted to portray the 'tough guy' image, although quite immature. Basically my opinion of moshers.

"Never been much of a dancer, except I can do the male half of grinding, which is awesome." This had me cracking up

oh, and cool story, dont always see eye to eye with Dana, but he does seem like a good dude
1/3/13 8:57 PM
Porkchop

Dana is a good dude. I feel bad for him when people beg him for shit though. It's unreal how comfortable people are walking up to him and asking him for free shit.

I've met him a few times and never asked him for anything more than a photo or an autograph and I still feel like a succubus for that. But at least I've never sold anything he has signed and I don't plan on it.

Thanks for posting.
1/3/13 9:00 PM
soldave
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

cool story bro.... really
1/3/13 9:07 PM
Jerkie
47 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

awesome

cant picture Dana doing any less...just seems like a cool motherfucker
1/3/13 9:16 PM
Boofhead3
120 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nice story.. I wish i could meet Dana he just seems like a wicked dude down to earth Phone Post
1/3/13 9:32 PM
40oztofreedom
117 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

bmd -
Larry Appleton -  chili peppers are the most over-rated band EVER (except for Flea he's talented) Phone Post

Completely disagree. RHCP is the only band that I have ever been a fan of.

With other bands, I'll like some songs they do... but that's about it. RHCP is the only band where I like almost every song they've ever done.

By the way (no pun), not only is Flea talented, but so is the drummer Chad Smith and the (former) guitarist John Frusciante.

Music Radar named Smith the 6th greatest drummer of all time, and Modern Drummer named him the 2nd greatest living drummer.

Frusciante is #18 on Rolling Stone's greatest guitarists of all-time.

Flea is Rolling Stone's #2 bassist of all-time.

I know it's all subjective... but the bottom line is that the band can play.
Fuckin A man... I've seen them 8 times, one of the greatest bands of our time. Phone Post
1/3/13 9:36 PM
nyhcloyalty
107 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yeah, I spin kick the fuck out of "Californication". Phone Post
1/3/13 9:37 PM
nyhcloyalty
107 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

But on a side note, that's an awesome story and almost expected of Dana these days as he is truly that cool. Phone Post
1/3/13 9:42 PM
TheHyBridWolffs"Canadiansidekick"
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Trojan Rubber Guard - Dana has time and again shown himself to be a class act. People dislike him because he's a ruthless business man but he is a good human imo. Phone Post
It's the only way to be a good business man tho, that is wicked of Dana! Ttt Phone Post
1/3/13 11:10 PM
Scramslam

ttt
1/3/13 11:18 PM
lookoutawhale
1036 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

nice! thanks for sharing layzie

1/3/13 11:19 PM
Naderhood
810 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Awesome story. Dude does shit like this all the time. Needs more props for it

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.