UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Prime Tank vs Roy Nelson who u got?

1/3/13 9:14 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
jTheHybridwolff
198 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

knuckleballs - Tank would have a 35% chance of winning.

And, yes, David "Tank" Abbot could knock out Roy Nelson... or a water buffalo, in his prime, with one shot.
This Phone Post
1/3/13 9:19 PM
GladiatorGannon
300 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I would say Roy 100 out of 100 times...but it's not that close.
1/3/13 9:28 PM
Scandle6161
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Roy with 1st overhand right he throws Phone Post
1/3/13 9:32 PM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
572 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

When you think about it, Roy Nelson would have fit in perfectly in the early UFC days.

1/3/13 9:40 PM
Tolstolobic
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fedor Phone Post
1/3/13 10:08 PM
sweepnchoke
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

As much as I hated Tank and the hype he got, he certainly had the capability of shutting off anyones lights in the first 90 seconds, after that he was done, "prime" or not.

Roy avoids Tank's 90 second onslaught, and then finishes him anyway he wants 99 times out of 100, but that 1 time Tank caves Roy's skull in for the KO.
1/3/13 11:23 PM
LyotoBundy
316 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Why even bother stating the obvious? Kimbo laid Tank the fuck out.... Roy can knock any man out, and would lie in mounted crucifix alllll day. He could probably hit that Lauzon/Chonan flying scissor heelhook against Tank if he wanted to. Phone Post
1/4/13 12:48 AM
UGCTT_SidRival
567 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GladiatorGannon - I would say Roy 100 out of 100 times...but it's not that close.
In Gannon we trust. Phone Post
1/4/13 1:22 AM
Non N00B
52 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tank couldnt get past Scott fugging Ferrozo back in the day. Yea he knocked out Cabbage.....in the second fight, which brings up another great point, he couldnt beat Cabbage in the first fight..........
1/4/13 8:36 AM
jTheHybridwolff
198 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Non N00B - Tank couldnt get past Scott fugging Ferrozo back in the day. Yea he knocked out Cabbage.....in the second fight, which brings up another great point, he couldnt beat Cabbage in the first fight..........
Yes but he ko'd Cabbage the guy with
Cement in his head and stuff
"his words not mine " Phone Post
1/4/13 1:23 PM
SilentSamurai8

AresSmashedPrahjuhdee -
jTheHybridwolff - 
knuckleballs - Tank would have a 35% chance of winning.

And, yes, David "Tank" Abbot could knock out Roy Nelson... or a water buffalo, in his prime, with one shot.
This Phone Post

TRUTH.

Roy would win by cardio or BJJ, no he wouldn't KO a PRIME Tank, and no Roy is not the more "evolved brawler"
Both quotes said it better then me in less words. ;) Phone Post
1/4/13 1:38 PM
GladiatorGannon
300 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_SidRival - 
GladiatorGannon - I would say Roy 100 out of 100 times...but it's not that close.

I was being a little over the top, but I would have to give Roy at least 98 out of a 100.
1/4/13 1:51 PM
cheesesteak
247 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GladiatorGannon - 
UGCTT_SidRival - 

I was being a little over the top, but I would have to give Roy at least 98 out of a 100.

I would actualy love to see you vs. Tank! That would be a hell of a slobber knocker!!!

I got you knocking him out after a battle from hell!!

Somebody make this fight happen!!!
1/4/13 2:10 PM
Winston Wolf
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

who has tank beat who is good ? serious question
1/4/13 4:45 PM
cheesesteak
247 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I would say Hugo Duarte and Cabbage were his two biggest wins. At the time of those fights I'd say both guys were pretty well regarded.
1/4/13 4:48 PM
CindyO

GladiatorGannon - I would say Roy 100 out of 100 times...but it's not that close.

Dang Sean! He said a prime Tank:-(  But LOL!!!

Cindy

1/4/13 4:48 PM
FreakDaddy
156 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tank would get Nelmark'ed......
1/4/13 4:51 PM
jcblass
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 01/04/13 4:51 PM
I think the OP said a Prime Tank... Not an aging money hungry fight throwing Tank...

Nelson probably would not want much to do with Tank if he fought a young Tank in an old UFC under the rules of that time....

A prime Tank fighting Nelson under today's UFC clearly favors Nelson.
1/4/13 5:02 PM
McLeod
96 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I would actually BET on this fight, that's how sure I am. I am not a betting person. Roy easily on every single aspect. Striking. Chin. Cardio. Wrestling. BJJ. EVERYTHING.
1/4/13 5:04 PM
FreakDaddy
156 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I am no Roy fan, but he would take Prime Tank out in the first round......Prime Tank only beat guys that would be cans today early in his career......Cabbage is the only decent fighter he ever beat and he caught him......A prime Tank lost to all of the good fighters he fought in the ealrly UFC's and fighters have evoled since then........I think some of you let you love for him cloud your judgement......
1/4/13 7:08 PM
Non N00B
52 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

jTheHybridwolff - 
Non N00B - Tank couldnt get past Scott fugging Ferrozo back in the day. Yea he knocked out Cabbage.....in the second fight, which brings up another great point, he couldnt beat Cabbage in the first fight..........
Yes but he ko'd Cabbage the guy with
Cement in his head and stuff
"his words not mine " Phone Post

Cabbage's chin is great and all, but it's not legendary like Mark Hunt or even Nog's, in the grand scheme of iron chin's, his was the most overrated. Not to mention Tank couldnt land the finishing punch in their first fight, much like he didnt land in many of his fights.

Somebody mentioned AA koing Nelson, thats true, but thats because Arlovski has the skills to put together punches that hit their target. Tank

He lost to Oleg, Maurice Smith, Scott Ferrozo, Kimo, Cabbage. Thats not counting his later fights he lost. He has nothing for Roy Nelson, at all, never had, never will.
1/4/13 7:09 PM
jar of flies
811 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

pharochuck - 

nelson, by anything he chooses.

1/4/13 7:11 PM
rnunz
214 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

When has Tank not been in his prime? Phone Post
1/4/13 7:15 PM
Ministry of Truth

Tank is one of my favorite MMA characters, but prime Tank wouldn't match up well with today's top HW fighters. Kimbo could be considered Tank v2.0 and see how that turned out when the competition increased.
1/4/13 8:32 PM
Winston Wolf
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

cheesesteak - I would say Hugo Duarte and Cabbage were his two biggest wins. At the time of those fights I'd say both guys were pretty well regarded.

ok who has Hugo Duarte beat

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.