UnderGround Forums

BJJGround Forum >> Red Belts site updated, w/ vid excerpts

1/3/13 6:30 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Hywel Teague
234 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I updated the Red Belts website with some profiles of the grand masters we are featuring. Right now the list of masters on the site is incomplete, we have some more to upload over the next few weeks. 

Each profile has a bio and an excerpt from our video interviews, hopfully it'll give you an idea of what we're working on and whet your appetite for the documentary :)

Click to see the Grand Masters profiles

GMs on the site so far inc:

Robson Gracie

Joao Alberto Barreto

Osvaldo Alves

Flavio Behring

Alvaro Barreto

Oswaldo Paqueta (RIP) 

1/3/13 6:32 PM
shen
762 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In!
1/3/13 6:35 PM
allchokedup
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Cant wait for this! Your living the deream Hywel, thanks for getting this out there
1/3/13 7:02 PM
LeoGocking
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Niceee... Get Francisco Mansur there as well... He is in NYC Phone Post
1/3/13 7:08 PM
kying418
67 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This will be such an amazing movie. Much respect to those that came before us!
1/3/13 7:32 PM
125 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I have been waiting for this movie for so long now. Please tell me you are going to get Relson Gracie on there.
1/3/13 7:55 PM
deepu
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

sub
1/3/13 8:06 PM
Makena White
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Such a cool thing that you are doing man...I can't stress that enough.
1/3/13 9:06 PM
joemasepoos
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Makena White - Such a cool thing that you are doing man...I can't stress that enough.

Lurker Red Belt !!
1/3/13 9:16 PM
JoeyHustle
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ttt Phone Post
1/3/13 9:17 PM
Hywel Teague
234 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 01/03/13 9:17 PM
Makena White - Such a cool thing that you are doing man...I can't stress that enough.

1 post in almost 9 years to say that, I feel honoured! VTFU :)
1/3/13 11:47 PM
shen
762 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I agree... it's great that Hywel is making the effort to make sure these legends get some exposure.

It's criminal that there are BJJ practitioners with scarcely a fraction of the skill and knowledge these gentlemen posses, who are far more famous than these masters.

1/4/13 6:13 PM
graciesrule
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Are you having Armando Wriedt and Helio Vigio Gomes in the documentary? I wish Pedro Hemeterio was still around. Helio Vigio was the other referee at UFC 1.
1/4/13 7:57 PM
UNIFIEDTEAM1
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Any chance of getting any more non- helio lineage red belts on there? There are lots of guys down there!
1/4/13 8:35 PM
Hywel Teague

Edited: 01/04/13 8:37 PM
graciesrule - Are you having Armando Wriedt and Helio Vigio Gomes in the documentary? I wish Pedro Hemeterio was still around. Helio Vigio was the other referee at UFC 1.

Vigio is pretty frail nowadays, I think he has Parkinsons - he's not in the picture. I believe his son has an academy in Copacabana though.

Wridt / Wreidt lives out in the sticks nr Brasilia, nobody I've asked has his contact details
1/4/13 8:48 PM
The Mat Pimp
110 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Relson has some pretty scary stories about Helio Vigio and his work as a high level police officer. I know that he is not yet a red belt for another couple of months, but you might consider talking with him as he knew these guys personally and grew up around them.

1/4/13 9:46 PM
Hywel Teague

The Mat Pimp - Relson has some pretty scary stories about Helio Vigio and his work as a high level police officer. I know that he is not yet a red belt for another couple of months, but you might consider talking with him as he knew these guys personally and grew up around them.

I met Relson recently, he'll get his red belt in Hawiai but he's moving back to Rio next year. Unfortunately I plan to complete the film before then
1/4/13 11:48 PM
skkrocks
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Have you guys ever interviewed Roberto Leitao? I know he's from luta livre but he's incredible to talk to Phone Post
1/5/13 10:51 AM
ChokeTheFace
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Cannot wait for this. Phone Post
1/5/13 1:34 PM
graciesrule
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I did not know that about Helio Vigio, sad to hear it. Thanks for the info Hywel.
1/5/13 3:19 PM
Hywel Teague

skkrocks - Have you guys ever interviewed Roberto Leitao? I know he's from luta livre but he's incredible to talk to Phone Post
I've never interviewed him on film but I've met him many times. I've always wanted to do something on LL, maybe when I have a little less on my plate I'll tackle it :) Phone Post
1/5/13 4:04 PM
kying418
67 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

My most anticipated BJJ movie/instructional/documentary since I started training in 2000!
1/5/13 8:51 PM
shen

Hywel Teague - 
skkrocks - Have you guys ever interviewed Roberto Leitao? I know he's from luta livre but he's incredible to talk to Phone Post
I've never interviewed him on film but I've met him many times. I've always wanted to do something on LL, maybe when I have a little less on my plate I'll tackle it :) Phone Post

That would be awesome.
1/6/13 12:07 PM
andre
439 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hywel Teague -
graciesrule - Are you having Armando Wriedt and Helio Vigio Gomes in the documentary? I wish Pedro Hemeterio was still around. Helio Vigio was the other referee at UFC 1.

Vigio is pretty frail nowadays, I think he has Parkinsons - he's not in the picture. I believe his son has an academy in Copacabana though.

Wridt / Wreidt lives out in the sticks nr Brasilia, nobody I've asked has his contact details
Hey! Do you know which "sticks" Armando lives in? I'm in Brasilia so I can ask around if I know the general area for it. Phone Post
1/6/13 1:30 PM
Hywel Teague

Unsure, will ask around- thanks!

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.