UnderGround Forums

Boxing UnderGround >> The heart punch

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

1/3/13 10:33 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
PoundforPound
176 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Do any of you use this regularly? Any special effects that you noticed when landing it?
1/4/13 8:23 AM
martinburke
272 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

those who know, know

like this guy...he knows

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m1ceb6jbp91qetjf6o1_500.jpg
1/4/13 8:23 PM
PoundforPound
176 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 01/04/13 8:25 PM
lol

Mean Mark Callous (aka The Undertaker) was deadly with it in more recent times.

Why do you think this particular blow and the solar plexus punch are hardly used now? Were they better suited for the bareknuckle era than for 12 oz gloves?

Or is it just another case of people not knowing shit about boxing anymore?
1/4/13 9:30 PM
martinburke
272 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

To be honest, the vast majority of times I punched to the chest was against someone who parried punches. I was doing it mainly to get him to bring his hands down and open a lane to his head.

The worst sensation I ever felt from any punch around the heart was an urge to cough. But to the solar plexus? Marvin Johnson hit me a shot that gave me tunnel vision and froze my legs a little.

Why aren't they used more today? I always thought driving UP into those two targets was way more effective. But how often do you see someone really turn and rip an uppercut, and not just tap with it to set up another punch?

I think most judges score as though they believe 1 head punch is worth 2 or 3 body shots anyway.

I wouldn't say that punching to the heart and solar plexus are more suited to BKB. I would say BKB is more suited to the solar plexus and the heart punch.

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.