UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Marquardt focused, but excited for UFC return too

1/3/13 11:13 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1261 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

Marquardt doesn't know exactly where he'll fit into the UFC's 170-pound title picture, but he doesn't want to take a slow road to the top. Instead, he's hoping to face a big-name opponent and looks to March's UFC 158 event – which features key welterweight fights of champion Georges St-Pierre vs. Nick Diaz, Carlos Condit vs. Rory MacDonald and Johny Hendricks vs. Jake Ellenberger – for potential targets.

"There's a lot of guys at welterweight in the UFC that I want to fight that are going to be good fights – a lot of tough guys," Marquardt said. "That March card is just stacked. Honestly, any one of those guys – I want to fight the winner of those fights."

But first, it's Saffiedine, and Marquardt knows it's important to leave Strikeforce on a winning stark and with the belt wrapped around his waist. And while he insists he's not looking past his next opponent, even if others are, Marquardt admits it's a good feeling to be on the cusp of a return to the UFC.

"It's a dream come true," Marquardt said. "I'm just excited to be here and excited for my upcoming fight. I'm ready to go."

read entire article...

1/3/13 11:20 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
yellow wrkahlc
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hendricks vs. Marquardt.

Make it happen, or I will eat babies with hot sauce.

1/4/13 12:29 AM
SupesUp
138 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

nick diaz nut hugger -
yellow wrkahlc -

Hendricks vs. Marquardt.

Make it happen, or I will eat babies with hot sauce.

If he wins at strikeforce's goodbye party, you've got Nate the Great coming back to the big stage with a belt on his shoulder that means nothing?

I know the Hendricks fans won't like this, but I honestly want to see Marquardt vs Hendricks for #1 contender spot. Phone Post
Amazing fight Phone Post
1/4/13 2:58 AM
mmavixen
1121 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nick Fury -  I'm glad he's on his way back and Hendricks vs. Nate would be a great fight. Phone Post

Yep

1/4/13 5:00 AM
SinCityHustler

A journeyman 185 punder suddenly is a world beater at welter weight.  So much for welter being so tough and middle being so weak.  Silly myth designed to take away from Anderson's accomplishments.  

Put me down as one who does not want to see Marquart vs Hendricks, I want to see Hendricks vs the welter weight champ and then i'd like to see a unification title fight between the UFC Champ and Strike Force champ, who ever that is.  

1/4/13 6:46 AM
SinCityHustler

Oprah666 - "who ever that is.."...yeah, real coy. Wait...did you just invent a years- long, multi-person conspiracy theory? And the ultimate goal of the many membered body organization isnt money, women or power.....its discrediting silva? Silva fans can be a special breed of stupid sometimes.

Ignorance is bliss.  Ma'am you are very naive.  

1/4/13 7:24 AM
Smellde Gluve
613 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I for one will be happy to see Marky Marquardt back in the UFC.

1/4/13 7:52 AM
Chris
390 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, COO

I'm pumped to see Marquardt right back in the mix versus a top five opponent.

1/4/13 8:21 AM
stonepony

Are people really disrespecting Nate?... He cheated, and he got f'd in the a' hard for it. IMO he should be subject to random testing from now on, like anybody caught cheating. But, he's been punished. And he's an amazing fighter. A legit contender who always brings a lot of action.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.