UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Dan Henderson open to fighting Chael Sonnen

1/4/13 1:12 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Grimreapers
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Source: Dan Henderson thinks fight against Chael Sonnen is "quite possible"

I wouldn't mind seeing this fight at all, but the fight wouldn't make sense unless they both lose their upcoming bouts.

I wish more teammates were more open to fighting each other like these two so we could see Velasquez vs. Cormier, Fitch vs. Koscheck, Rory vs GSP ect

1/4/13 1:16 AM
Herring In A Fur Coat

FightMatrix.com, MMA Rankings

Great attitude.

1/4/13 1:22 AM
Grimreapers

Herring In A Fur Coat - 

Great attitude.

Indeed wish more guys were like this and stop the whole best friend forever b.s

1/4/13 1:22 AM
jack_wilshere
32 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

They're obvs not the best of friends, why else would they be willing to damage each others brand and future potential to make money? To appease uncle Dana?! Phone Post
1/4/13 1:37 AM
mixedmartialmike

Chael stole hendos title shot.. In his eyes anyways Phone Post
1/4/13 5:01 AM
TheHebrewHammer
409 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hendo already fought a friend for the UFC title and lost. Against Rampage a few years ago. Phone Post
1/4/13 6:51 AM
Tomzilla
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bad fight for Hendo I think. It'll look like his fight with Shields. Phone Post
1/4/13 6:57 AM
in_different
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

superCalo - 
jack_wilshere - They're obvs not the best of friends, why else would they be willing to damage each others brand and future potential to make money? To appease uncle Dana?! Phone Post
Chael is a good fruend to hendo, hendo, well he has proven time and time again he's not a team player, all about himself, chael knows this but it doesn't stop chaels sense of loyalty even if its not reciprocated Phone Post

I know this is supercalo, but there is a shadow of truth to this. Or perhaps its what you really believe, but I gotta say that I agree with the Hendo part.

1/4/13 7:05 AM
Larry Appleton
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hendo does seem self-centered sometimes Phone Post
1/4/13 8:23 AM
Lazer MMA

in_different - 
superCalo - 
jack_wilshere - They're obvs not the best of friends, why else would they be willing to damage each others brand and future potential to make money? To appease uncle Dana?! Phone Post
Chael is a good fruend to hendo, hendo, well he has proven time and time again he's not a team player, all about himself, chael knows this but it doesn't stop chaels sense of loyalty even if its not reciprocated Phone Post

I know this is supercalo, but there is a shadow of truth to this. Or perhaps its what you really believe, but I gotta say that I agree with the Hendo part.

LMFAO

Yea like when Hendo was signed to 151 and Sonnen was trying to position himself for a fight with JBJ with his BS shit taking right? That was all about Hendo right?

Anyone can talk out there ass like calo does (and so many posters do). When it comes to citing specific examples they have nothing but pure troll (= nothing). If Sonnen would have STFU about JBJ, and with Sonnen NEVER having NEVER WON A SINGLE fight of consequence EVER at LHW that was just, maybe it would still be Hendo fighting JBJ like they wanted on super bowl weekend, great team play by Sonnen clearly.

Agreeing to do TUF as a coach or corner the Sonnen is not being a team player right, especially in light of the facts above right?

Ass backwards logic

DERP

1/4/13 8:38 AM
yabadaba
132 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Grimreapers - 

Source: Dan Henderson thinks fight against Chael Sonnen is "quite possible"

I wouldn't mind seeing this fight at all, but the fight wouldn't make sense unless they both lose their upcoming bouts.

I wish more teammates were more open to fighting each other like these two so we could see Velasquez vs. Cormier, Fitch vs. Koscheck, Rory vs GSP ect

I assume you meant to say it wouldn't make sense unless they both win their upcoming bouts.

1/4/13 11:29 AM
Anthraxxx
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I knew Dan is smart enough to be able fight Chael.

God knows that Chael would be down to fight him, he never stops talking about how MMA is not a team sport, as he should.

I will always think a little less of a fighter not willing to fight his own team mate.

As much as the line can seem blurry at times, this is a sport, if you let emotions get in the way, your true potential can never be reached.
1/4/13 11:39 AM
Lazer MMA

Anthraxxx - I knew Dan is smart enough to be able fight Chael.

God knows that Chael would be down to fight him, he never stops talking about how MMA is not a team sport, as he should.

I will always think a little less of a fighter not willing to fight his own team mate.

As much as the line can seem blurry at times, this is a sport, if you let emotions get in the way, your true potential can never be reached.

In fact Sonnen said he would "not fight his master", it was "too much to ask of anyone". Hendo prior too ruled it out too. Why he would say that now he'd fight Sonnen I'm sure has everything to do with Sonnen jumping him at LHW into a fight he does deserve at all having never beaten any LHW of consequence at all.

Hendo is covering his bases. He intends to fight for the belt at LHW (he's always been much better with weight on) and in his mind NOTHING is going to stop that.
1/4/13 11:42 AM
Koga

Chael and Hendo have been friends, training partners and cornered one another for over 10 years.

I have no doubt they would fight one another. Many fighters say they would fight anyone, even several weight classes up: no one means it like Chael and Hendo.
1/4/13 11:42 AM
Koga

Chael and Hendo have been friends, training partners and cornered one another for over 10 years.

I have no doubt they would fight one another. Many fighters say they would fight anyone, even several weight classes up: no one means it like Chael and Hendo.
1/4/13 12:06 PM
ufc98newb
98 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lazer MMA - 
in_different - 
superCalo - 

LMFAO

Yea like when Hendo was signed to 151 and Sonnen was trying to position himself for a fight with JBJ with his BS shit taking right? That was all about Hendo right?

Anyone can talk out there ass like calo does (and so many posters do). When it comes to citing specific examples they have nothing but pure troll (= nothing). If Sonnen would have STFU about JBJ, and with Sonnen NEVER having NEVER WON A SINGLE fight of consequence EVER at LHW that was just, maybe it would still be Hendo fighting JBJ like they wanted on super bowl weekend, great team play by Sonnen clearly.

Agreeing to do TUF as a coach or corner the Sonnen is not being a team player right, especially in light of the facts above right?

Ass backwards logic

DERP

When Chael was angling to fight JBJ prior to 151, that was in no way taking anything away from Hendo. Was he supposed to assume HEndo would get hurt and we would be taking away a title shot 9 months down the road? Or maybe  we can take the angle that he knew Hendo was hurt all along. In that case he was smack talking in hopes of getting a fight in September. In that case, Hendo would have still been able to fight JBJ upon his return, without being sent to the back of the line.

1/4/13 12:32 PM
Daht
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wow you'd think these guys were professional fighters the way they talk!

At where they are in their careers, they both make a ton of money, both in the tail quarter of their careers, with the possibility of fighting for a belt that neither of them have yet acheived.. why the hell wouldn't they fight?

Teammates shouldn't fight each other when they are making basic quality-of-life money, in fights that will not significantly boost their careers.

If you have a shot at a UFC world title, and potential 7 figure paydays, it shouldn't matter who you're fighitng for it. If you aren't willing to fight anybody for it, you don't want it.

1/4/13 1:12 PM
Lazer MMA

ufc98newb - 
Lazer MMA - 
in_different - 
superCalo - 

LMFAO

Ass backwards logic

DERP

When Chael was angling to fight JBJ prior to 151, that was in no way taking anything away from Hendo. Was he supposed to assume HEndo would get hurt and we would be taking away a title shot 9 months down the road? Or maybe  we can take the angle that he knew Hendo was hurt all along. In that case he was smack talking in hopes of getting a fight in September. In that case, Hendo would have still been able to fight JBJ upon his return, without being sent to the back of the line.

He was indeed angling for a shot vs JBJ (with no wins at LHW to boot) deflecting attention away from Hendo; therefore he was taking the due attention that should have been on Hendo and putting himself in the spotlight. All that matters to him (not saying good or bad but it was not 'good teammate like' IMO) is himself. The result of this selfish behavior ended buying him a spot on TUF and getting Hendo fully short changed (i.e. WTF would consider him who never won CRAP at LHW if not for his big mouth?!)

The other theory is stupid as hell. Hendo fully expected to fight but his docs were wrong and he could not. WTF could he gain by not telling? He went into the dog house because of it and everyone knows he was intending to fight as it was.
1/4/13 5:39 PM
bhealthy

hendo could beat chael clean
1/4/13 5:48 PM
RickStorm
1826 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Moderator
Koga - Chael and Hendo have been friends, training partners and cornered one another for over 10 years.

This...

1/4/13 6:29 PM
Dana Stern

The reality is that Henderson got hurt so they offered the fight to Shogun, Machida, and Chael. Chael said yes and Bones wouldn't take it. They gave Bones a fight with Vitor and then I believe offered Dan the fight again but he was still hurt. So they they did Chael VS Bones on TUF, I don't see what the issues is. To say Chael talked his way into it is stupid, he's talked shit about everyone in the UFC from Arianny to Brock Lesner. Dan gets a bit worked up about stuff he really should just let go, but that's how he's always been. I doubt him and Chael ever fight but it would be a battle of they did. Phone Post
1/4/13 7:01 PM
psujunglist
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Koga - Chael and Hendo have been friends, training partners and cornered one another for over 10 years.

vtfu
1/4/13 7:16 PM
yabadaba
132 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

psujunglist - 

vtfu

vtfu

1/4/13 7:43 PM
UGCTT_mousetrap
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hendo will beat him bad Phone Post
1/8/13 8:58 AM
Authority Figure

This thread is in flames. lol

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.