UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Invicta's Joanne Calderwood Interview

1/4/13 5:19 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Fight! UK Online
214 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

4-0 Scot Joanne Calderwood has been fighting in professional MMA for under a year, but has already got a great reputation and worldwide opportunities. She was also offered the Invicta title shot instead of the fight with forum favourite Bec Hyatt (who has now stepped in for the belt).

Joanne explains her decision, and the fight at Invicta:

http://www.yourmma.tv/fighters/interview-details.asp/id/306/joanne-calderwood-invicta-4-interview.htm

"I have fought on a few weeks notice before, never a week against someone ranked number 4 in the world though. My coaches James [Doolan] and Paul [McVeigh] made the decision for me not to take this fight based on the difference in styles more than anything. Carla is an exceptional wrestler and has a really good top game, I've been preparing for a scrap on the feet with Bec and shutting down her guard, so they're almost polar opposites.

"We brought in specific sparring partners in preparation for Bec. If they'd offered me the fight with Carla with a few weeks notice I would have taken it. If they offered me Carla as a replacement for Ashley Cummins when I fought her I would have taken it too, as style-wise theyr'e similar."

She now takes on Livia Von Plettenburg of Team Quest. With Joanne a Muay Thai champion and Livia an experienced kickboxer, it should make for a great fight!

1/4/13 5:28 AM
Wizgub
33 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

WAR JOANNE CALDERWOOD

Do the griphouse proud lass! Phone Post
1/4/13 5:33 AM
JoeMimic
598 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Really enjoyed her last fight, that knee to the body was brutal. Excited to see her fight again! Phone Post
1/4/13 5:43 AM
Fight! UK Online
214 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This one - was a great finish!

1/4/13 5:43 AM
Fight! UK Online

Wizgub -  WAR JOANNE CALDERWOOD

You a Dinky Ninja mate?

1/4/13 6:46 AM
Wizgub
33 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fight! UK Online -
Wizgub -  WAR JOANNE CALDERWOOD

You a Dinky Ninja mate?

Na i train with them at the griphouse all the time not good enough to fight pro yet though. When i say train with them, i cr as a very good mobile punchbag for them haha. Sitting here at work a wreck after lovey destroyed me yesterday at nogi grappling and wrestling.

One day i hope to be a member of DNFT for now im just happy to train with all the guys. Phone Post
1/4/13 9:18 AM
Fight! UK Online

Great stuff - top guys. I've been on many a road trip with those boys. Can't go wrong with them in terms of how they are, and the skills they have! Gonna try head up for a few days at some point this year.

1/4/13 11:09 AM
Wizgub

Fight! UK Online - 

Great stuff - top guys. I've been on many a road trip with those boys. Can't go wrong with them in terms of how they are, and the skills they have! Gonna try head up for a few days at some point this year.

Good stuff look forward to getting kicked around by you in sparring :)
1/7/13 11:01 AM
Fight! UK Online

1/7/13 11:01 AM
Fight! UK Online

Wizgub - 
Fight! UK Online - 

Good stuff look forward to getting kicked around by you in sparring :)

Haha, sound mate!

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.