UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Duffee: It's a big relief to be back in the UFC

1/4/13 7:58 AM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1292 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

“It’s a big relief,” Duffee told the Sherdog Radio Network’s “Beatdown” show. “I can actually kind of relax for the fact that all I have to worry about now is training and fighting. I don’t have to be sitting on the phone trying to figure out when can I get a fight.”

“The big thing, I think, [about] this time away was it hurt my development,” Duffee said. “I think I could have improved a lot more in the last two years had I not been dealing with some of the situations I had.”

“I was at the point financially that the efforts I was putting in, it wasn’t paying off,” Duffee said. “It didn’t make a lot of sense. You start feeling stupid after a certain amount of time, like how delusional am I? But it did pay off, and I’m excited that I’ve got things back on track.”

read entire article...

1/4/13 8:07 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Wade5000
32 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ttt
1/4/13 8:15 AM
GarlicSauce
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

So great to have this guy back. He'll have a great future and add some spice to the HW division.
1/4/13 8:19 AM
EBM
218 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Big fan of Todd, he has huge potential for a very bright future. Sounds like his perspective of The UFC has changed a lot in these last two years. I'm glad he's back in the big show - the Heavyweight division is just getting deeper and deeper!

1/4/13 8:33 AM
SickEyeDiaz
472 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He'll be keeping himself in check this time around I'm sure. I still don't know what he did or said to piss DFW off last time, but I don't see it happening again. Best of luck to him.

1/4/13 8:38 AM
EBM
218 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

SickEyeDiaz - 

He'll be keeping himself in check this time around I'm sure. I still don't know what he did or said to piss DFW off last time, but I don't see it happening again. Best of luck to him.

I'm pretty sure it was over money

1/4/13 8:45 AM
bergereem

im interested to see him against some good competition...
1/4/13 9:34 AM
NYmmanow265
49 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Oprah666 - I don't think UFC is place to "finally relax.", bro. Id see the exact opposite. "now its time to go to war.". I cant relate to his pov at all. Am i alone on this or??

I think he ment he can relax about finding fights.....he knows he needs to step it up in the ufc.....I hope they take it slow with him maybe duffee vs morecraft ( is he still in ufc?)
1/4/13 10:10 AM
The Mammoth
134 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Oprah666 - I don't think UFC is place to "finally relax.", bro. Id see the exact opposite. "now its time to go to war.". I cant relate to his pov at all. Am i alone on this or??

He can relax as in he can now just develop as a fighter and not have to worry about where is next fight/next pay is coming from.

rather like when you're looking for a job and finally get one. Yes you should now be focussed but you can also relax about worrying about being unemployed.

1/4/13 11:46 AM
rharris
135 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 01/04/13 11:46 AM
WEC, President

Todd did a great job at the event and carried himself well.  As he walked to the presser, a fan started yelling at him and called him a F@ckin Dick.

He looked at me and smiled and said "did that guy just call me a F@ckin Dick"  so I looked at the guy and said "that guy would break you in half" and all the people around him started laughing at him, then he called me a "F@ckin Dick"  :)  I told Todd I had joined the F@cking Dick club and he laughed!

Reed

1/4/13 11:57 AM
GarlicSauce

Hah, that's a great story, Reed.
1/4/13 12:07 PM
epwar
538 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

EBM - 
SickEyeDiaz - 

Wasn't it over Dana wanting him to take a fight and Duffee said no because he had NEVER BACK DOWN 2 lined up to shoot?

1/4/13 12:08 PM
Orcus Knows MMA Better Than Goku

he grew on me from the fightfactory show..seems like a good guy

1/4/13 12:13 PM
ghost842
71 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

rharris - 

Todd did a great job at the event and carried himself well.  As he walked to the presser, a fan started yelling at him and called him a F@ckin Dick.

He looked at me and smiled and said "did that guy just call me a F@ckin Dick"  so I looked at the guy and said "that guy would break you in half" and all the people around him started laughing at him, then he called me a "F@ckin Dick"  :)  I told Todd I had joined the F@cking Dick club and he laughed!

Reed

Great Story and good to see you posting Reed

1/4/13 12:24 PM
WestCoastMexican

Sometimes bad or negative experiences are meant to make us a better person. Hope this experience has been for the best for him. Phone Post
1/4/13 12:25 PM
JOESONDO
84 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

epwar - 
EBM - 
SickEyeDiaz - 

Wasn't it over Dana wanting him to take a fight and Duffee said no because he had NEVER BACK DOWN 2 lined up to shoot?

I think it was that and he publicly said how broke he was and asked if anyone knew of a part time job he could do while training. All this while Dana was saying how much money his guys make.
1/4/13 12:50 PM
Loser Born Natural
227 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

rharris -

Reed

Awesome story.
Thanks Reed Phone Post
1/4/13 12:53 PM
Rob San Soo

The duff man is back !!!! Phone Post
1/4/13 1:02 PM
Evil Intentions
78 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Anyone gotta gif of his last fight? Phone Post
1/4/13 2:40 PM
rummy
261 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

rharris - 

Reed

Ha, thanks for the story.  Also, it's great to see Todd back in the UFC.

1/4/13 2:53 PM
BENDOver 209 Top Team #1
334 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

HW GSP!!

1/4/13 3:00 PM
MMALOGIC

glad he got knock out of the night as well.  Ryann Von Doom should be getting 15%.

1/4/13 6:30 PM
CindyO

I like Todd. Glad he's back.

Cindy

1/4/13 7:03 PM
grafzep
57 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

glad he is back

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.