UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> The Daniel Cormier @ 205 myth

1/4/13 1:31 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
BJ bashed into McDs mincemeat
61 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I have heard a lot of talk about DC entering the 205lb LHW class.

Is this realistic? I don't think he can make the cut. If he does cut the weight without kidney failure, would he perform as well as he has at HW?

I just don't see this happening as he almost died cutting weight wrestling.
1/4/13 1:33 PM
DiazHorticulture
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mike Dolce could get him there easily. Guy is a wizard.
Fabes
184 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Moderator
If he does it right and has time to do it, I'm sure he could. Phone Post
Pride Wanderlei

I thought he had to cut that weight two days in a row or something? Im sure he's done some tests etc and knows his body well enough. Phone Post
1/4/13 1:35 PM
BJ bashed into McDs mincemeat
61 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

would be nice to see him weigh in under 230 next fight, so we know he is on his way.

I really hope you guys are right, would like to see him throw around JBJ
1/4/13 1:35 PM
Rob San Soo

Just has to change his diet I'm sure Phone Post
1/4/13 1:40 PM
Lazer MMA

BJ bashed into McDs mincemeat - I have heard a lot of talk about DC entering the 205lb LHW class.

Is this realistic? I don't think he can make the cut. If he does cut the weight without kidney failure, would he perform as well as he has at HW?

From what I understand, he had failed before to cut effectively and become ill when he tried before. Whereas I was blown away that Wiggum (a friend and good poster) would say he beats JBJ at 205 PERIOD, I say there is no proof he can even fight effectively at that weight at all that I know of.

Further he needs to prove that first VS a top contender at 205 not the champ in fairness (to other fighters) at the minimum, not that Dana thinks about that for a half a second.
1/4/13 1:43 PM
Card
2261 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He is calling out Mir.

1/4/13 2:00 PM
surfing
90 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

cutting weight vs dieting down.......fuck we need sticky with the definition of terms commonly used around here.

1/4/13 2:02 PM
Thad castle is in ur ass

Well he needs to get his walking around weight down to around 225, after that his cut shouldn't be too difficult. Phone Post
1/4/13 2:03 PM
BOMDC
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

surfing - cutting weight vs dieting down.......fuck we need sticky with the definition of terms commonly used around here.

This. Wth are people thinking, that he's going to try to cut like 35lbs of water?
1/4/13 2:06 PM
Lazer MMA

Billytk - 
Lazer MMA - 
BJ bashed into McDs mincemeat - I have heard a lot of talk about DC entering the 205lb LHW class.

From what I understand, he had failed before to cut effectively and become ill when he tried before. Whereas I was blown away that Wiggum (a friend and good poster) would say he beats JBJ at 205 PERIOD, I say there is no proof he can even fight effectively at that weight at all that I know of.

Further he needs to prove that first VS a top contender at 205 not the champ in fairness (to other fighters) at the minimum, not that Dana thinks about that for a half a second.

I know it's 2 entirley different sports but considering his mma success is 99% based on his wrestling credentials I'd say the fact that his 8 gold and 2 bronze medals from world/US/PanAm championships that he won at 210lbs shows that if the cut is done right he can be effective at the lower weight class. Also I don't know if it's correct but I heard they do those weigh ins the day of not the day before

He needs to prove that in MMA.

Yea I heard that too (same day cut). I guess the last time he could not cut?

Well the man can strike too!

1/4/13 2:07 PM
SmackyBear
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He wrestled at 184 in college, even as a senior, IIRC.
1/4/13 2:12 PM
Winston Wolf
32 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DiazHorticulture - Mike Dolce could get him there easily. Guy is a wizard.

easy ? ya right
1/4/13 2:13 PM
Winston Wolf
32 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

SmackyBear - He wrestled at 184 in college, even as a senior, IIRC.

and i wrestled 112 in 9th grade
1/4/13 2:14 PM
sarcotraps

He will be able to make 205.He is 5'10 and has a lot of baby fat on him.He will have plenty time to cut down the right way.
1/4/13 2:16 PM
TheMessiah

Give him until next September he will be ready for Jones! Phone Post
1/4/13 2:19 PM
SmackyBear
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Winston Wolf - 

Your frame at 14/15 and adulthood is significantly different. But at 22, not so much.

Obviously, I was saying his frame doesn't trap him at HW, his diet/life style does, I wasn't suggesting he drop to MW.
1/4/13 2:32 PM
Orcus Knows MMA Better Than Goku

yes, hes basically josh tomson's size and he has high body fat for an mma fighter

1/4/13 2:35 PM
SOO72
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Why bother hes been kicking ass at HW. I hate that an undefeated guy is sort of forced from his div because a teammate has the belt.
1/4/13 2:36 PM
MickColins
157 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

There are tests to take that can tell if you can hit a certain size. There is a test that can get your bone weight, fat weight and muscle weight. Throw in a body fat percentage and some others and he can find out easily if he can safely hit 205. Phone Post
1/4/13 2:39 PM
c hurrle
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DC could easily get down. You can just look at his body and tell that.
1/4/13 2:41 PM
Samoa
489 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LilBrockonmychest -
Billytk - 
Lazer MMA - 

I know it's 2 entirley different sports but considering his mma success is 99% based on his wrestling credentials I'd say the fact that his 8 gold and 2 bronze medals from world/US/PanAm championships that he won at 210lbs shows that if the cut is done right he can be effective at the lower weight class. Also I don't know if it's correct but I heard they do those weigh ins the day of not the day before

Yes and the very last time he attempted to reach 210lbs his kidneys failed, he nearly died, and it ended his wrestling career. He hasn't tried it since. Questioning if he can not only make it but still be successful is fair, imo.

For those saying he can easily do it by dieting, etc.. You don't think as an Olympic athlete that had crossed his mind?
If it crossed his mind and its impossible, why would he say he could do it? Phone Post
1/4/13 2:41 PM
UGCTT_mrzipplokk
400 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Moderator
SmackyBear - 
Winston Wolf - 

Your frame at 14/15 and adulthood is significantly different. But at 22, not so much.

Obviously, I was saying his frame doesn't trap him at HW, his diet/life style does, I wasn't suggesting he drop to MW.

Disagree. At 22 I worked out religiously and weighed 190. Approx. 30 years later, and having lifted my entire life, I'm 250 and not fat. (6' feet 2" barefoot) . Zero chance I could cut to 205 and fight. I'd die.

1/4/13 2:53 PM
orcus

"For those saying he can easily do it by dieting, etc.. You don't think as an Olympic athlete that had crossed his mind?"

What are you saying, that this 5'10" guy for some reason is physically incapable of weighing a healthy 215 to 225 or so?

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.