UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> JDS boxing coach: "Next time, we work on speed"

1/4/13 1:42 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Card
1905 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 01/04/13 1:44 PM

http://www.fightersonlymag.com/content/news/17940-jds-boxing-coach-qnext-time-we-work-on-speedq

“That hand came in very tough, Cigano felt it. After that punch Cain came over at Cigano, who fell down. Cain connected more hits and was beating him for 1:20 in total. Cigano lost his mobility and was worn out.”

“I asked him to raise the arm because he dind't have the same footwork anymore and he would have to use the block,” he sid.

"Next time we're going to work more speed and conditioning and we're going to work Junior's strongest point: the arms. We'll anticipate (the attacks) and not only defend, as he did, but also attack to inhibit Cain. Be sure, I believe this title will return to Brazil. You can swear me on it.”

1/4/13 2:31 PM
ShaqNoob
91 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

How is his hand speed going to help JDS when he's on his back or is trying to do a push-up with Cain on his back?
1/4/13 2:34 PM
HandyDarsh
107 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TartanTopTeamsHeroinWhore - Junior won't beat Cain again, Cain is too well rounded. Especially iDVD he tries to beat him by focussing on his strength (hands) as opposed to his weakness (wrestling / ground).

Junior is now a super dangerous gate keeper and chin tester for HW division. He still kicks Overoid's shit in. Phone Post
I see reem picking him apart to be honest, most likely in a couple rounds.
But reem doesn't get by Cain, I forgot allistar picked Cain to win against junior so he knows what's up. Phone Post
1/4/13 2:41 PM
WestCoastMexican
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Glovegate -

Just lol @ JDS being a "gate keeper" now.

JDS got caught and survived all 5 rounds.  Cain got caught and was finished seconds later.

JDS can easily beat Cain again and Cain can certainly repeat what he just did.  Both guys are very, very close.

These two will probably fight five or six times throughout there careers. Phone Post
1/4/13 2:43 PM
yellow's Tap In
78 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Glovegate - 

JDS got caught and survived all 5 rounds.  Cain got caught and was finished seconds later.

JDS can easily beat Cain again and Cain can certainly repeat what he just did.  Both guys are very, very close.

MMA fans are some of the dumbest people in the world. Probably the same people that were praising JDS for being unstoppable a few weeks ago

I think JDS will have a much harder time repeating his victory as opposed to Cain. Would love to see Overeem fight either, but I think he is a clear 3rd in the division
1/4/13 2:44 PM
yellow's Tap In
78 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

WestCoastMexican - 
Glovegate -

These two will probably fight five or six times throughout there careers. Phone Post

This ain't boxing son. Has any ufc pairing gone more than a trilogy? How about mma in general?
1/4/13 2:51 PM
orcus

TartanTopTeamsHeroinWhore -  Junior won't beat Cain again, Cain is too well rounded. Especially iDVD he tries to beat him by focussing on his strength (hands) as opposed to his weakness (wrestling / ground).

Junior is now a super dangerous gate keeper and chin tester for HW division. He still kicks Overoid's shit in. Phone Post

lol @ this idiotic post

His weakness is wrestling even though before this fight he spent 13 total seconds on the ground, including against Cain and another champion wrestler in Carwin.

Junior can't beat Cain because Cain is too well-rounded; never mind that Cain couldn't finish him when everything went his way and he threw everything at Junior, while Junior just needs one good shot to KO Cain.

Junior is a gate keeper even though he's already beaten most of the division.

1/4/13 3:18 PM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
544 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Will be a historic 3rd fight when it happens. I'll be excited for it Phone Post
1/4/13 3:25 PM
Tomato Can
101 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Uh, what about fucking DEFENSE??!?!?!?!?
1/5/13 12:06 AM
Salokcin69
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Glovegate -

This. Wtf did all this gatekeeper shit start? Are you kidding me? Phone Post
1/5/13 12:07 AM
Trane

How about working on keeping his hands up first and foremost?
1/5/13 10:15 AM
UGCTT_FryedTakayama
773 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

yellow's Tap In -
WestCoastMexican - 
Glovegate -

This ain't boxing son. Has any ufc pairing gone more than a trilogy? How about mma in general?
Sylvia/Arlovski is the only one that comes to mind. Phone Post
1/5/13 10:15 AM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
544 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

After the way he lost on Fox, there was no way Cain was letting himself lose to Bigfoot or JDS. It doesn't even have to do with skills or matchups. There was just no way Cain was going to let JDS beat him again Phone Post
1/5/13 10:17 AM
Orcus Knows MMA Better Than Goku

TartanTopTeamsHeroinWhore - Junior won't beat Cain again, Cain is too well rounded. Especially iDVD he tries to beat him by focussing on his strength (hands) as opposed to his weakness (wrestling / ground).

That's what everyone said when jds beat Cain. The truth is any one of those punches jds threw with Cain coming in could have ended the fight if placed an inch here or there differently. Phone Post
1/5/13 10:19 AM
Orcus Knows MMA Better Than Goku

And there's a lot of things jds can do differently tow in te fight. For example he could easily get on top after a failed shot (there were many). How good is Cain on bottom? My guess is not bb level. But jds was only interested in moving away so he didn't exploit that area. Phone Post
1/5/13 10:28 AM
PatrickVilone

Card - 

http://www.fightersonlymag.com/content/news/17940-jds-boxing-coach-qnext-time-we-work-on-speedq

“That hand came in very tough, Cigano felt it. After that punch Cain came over at Cigano, who fell down. Cain connected more hits and was beating him for 1:20 in total. Cigano lost his mobility and was worn out.”

“I asked him to raise the arm because he dind't have the same footwork anymore and he would have to use the block,” he sid.

"Next time we're going to work more speed and conditioning and we're going to work Junior's strongest point: the arms. We'll anticipate (the attacks) and not only defend, as he did, but also attack to inhibit Cain. Be sure, I believe this title will return to Brazil. You can swear me on it.”

his new "physique" fucked him. Never seen him so slow and sluggish, but then again Cain brings a Sonnen pace x3 but actually does damage... the ONLY way JDS will ever beat Cain again is another Flash KO, we'll just have to see how JDS is in his next fight now that we know his single leg defense is god-awful
1/5/13 10:30 AM
Rob San Soo

Too funny lol Cain had no chance to best desantos before the fight. Now desantos has no chance to best Cain ? I could watch these two guys fight each other for the rest of my life lol A better condition santos with less muscle gives a better fight . IMO Phone Post
1/5/13 8:17 PM
Entreri

JDS is going to be the champ again.
1/6/13 8:19 AM
Smith1234
52 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lol at gatekeeper. That guy must not know what the word means. Phone Post
1/6/13 8:45 AM
Lazer MMA

"Next time, we work on speed"

LMFAO at the guy. Tell him you can't win any fight by backing straight TF up the entire fight please. TY
1/6/13 9:56 AM
ortman166

I believe junior wins the next time they meet. Phone Post
1/6/13 11:51 AM
georgejonesjr
44 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Both JDS's win over Cain, and Cain's win over JDS were very one-sided. Eventually they'll have to have a rubber match, probably after JDS has a make up fight like Cain did.

Hard to predict who'll win, though if JDS wins it'll be by KO, if Cain wins it'll be by domination. Different styles make for asymmetric results.
1/6/13 11:59 AM
FreightTrain

Errr what about cardio???

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.