UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> If Rousey v carmouche doesn't sell?

1/5/13 8:18 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Pride Wanderlei
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TheFlood58 - Should have put it on a Fox, FX, or Fuel to headline Phone Post
This. I'd say FX or Fox, only because I don't know many people with Fuel TV Phone Post
1/5/13 10:03 AM
JeffersonDArcyChoke
321 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

CindyO -

It'll sell when DW starts seriously promoting it:)

If it doesn't he'll stick with WMMA for a respectable period of time (12-18 months) in an effort to give it a fair shake. If it fails, he'll have no problem shutting it down, IMO. But he'll sell:)

Cindy

You can promote women's sports all day but it will not guarantee success.

If such were the case the WNBA could have drawn an audience.

There is a large portion of the casual sports fan audience that NEVER wants to see a woman competing.

The casual audience is what you need to prosper and make real money.

At best women in the UFC will be on par with what Laila Ali and Christy Martin did for female boxing back in the day.

They may cause a buzz and garner a modicum of acclaim but at the end of the day the bulk of paying customers don't want to watch women fight.

No matter how you promote it, it's women beating on each other and that's as niche as it possibly gets. Phone Post
1/5/13 10:10 AM
JeffersonDArcyChoke
321 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Women's pro wrestling is as highly a niche sport.

Shine is a promotion that features women doing more than being WWE eye candy and they just don't draw because most fans do not want to see it.

Most male fans prefer to see women as the eye candy which is why WWE hasn't headlined WrestleMania with a women's bout but instead booked pillow fights or lingerie battle royals.

Most male fans won't watch women playing basketball or hockey or softball and it gets even worse when asking men to watch women fight.

There are a lot of men who can cheer Hendo-Shogun but wince at a woman getting a black eye.

Any expectations for Ronda should be tempered.

Gina drew big numbers on CBS but really it was KIMBO who drew the house.

Gina was just a sideshow to Kimbo's circus.

Ronda is very talented but because most sports fans aren't lining up to watch women do anything that isn't stereotypically feminine it will mean the ceiling is lower.

She won't be Brock just like no female boxer could be Tyson or Floyd. Phone Post
1/5/13 10:17 AM
Rob San Soo

Shit I don't buy tics anymore till close to the fight !! I've been screwed to many times at live events lol whst if Henderson pulls out f that Phone Post
1/5/13 10:31 AM
HalfThisGameIs90PercentMental
170 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TheFlood58 - Should have put it on a Fox, FX, or Fuel to headline Phone Post
Phone Post
1/5/13 10:32 AM
PatrickVilone

BLACKBUDDAH -  Whos fault is it? I think female mma fighters and female fans are to blame. This is your chance to push this fight and get women's mma out there. The last time women dropped the ball was the WNBA will history repeat itself? Phone Post

if people tune in to Chael P. Sonnen, then I hope to GOD they tune in to a MONSTER mma fighter with all first round finishes via armbar, and who is also hot af.. and she sells fight like a girl version of Chael would. I've liked her since the first interview I've seen..

And it'd be dana whites fault bro beans, HES the one who chose the time to put them in . Not the ladies... that is just a completely ignorant thing to ever say IMO.

hate sexist mma fans
1/5/13 7:27 PM
BLACKBUDDAH

PatrickVilone -
BLACKBUDDAH -  Whos fault is it? I think female mma fighters and female fans are to blame. This is your chance to push this fight and get women's mma out there. The last time women dropped the ball was the WNBA will history repeat itself? Phone Post

if people tune in to Chael P. Sonnen, then I hope to GOD they tune in to a MONSTER mma fighter with all first round finishes via armbar, and who is also hot af.. and she sells fight like a girl version of Chael would. I've liked her since the first interview I've seen..

And it'd be dana whites fault bro beans, HES the one who chose the time to put them in . Not the ladies... that is just a completely ignorant thing to ever say IMO.

hate sexist mma fans
WTF? You pulled out the wrong soapbox! No where in my statement did I say men are superior to women. Learn the definition of words before attempting to use them.

Women have been trying to get to the "Big stage" for years and now they have a opportunity to blow the doors off but all you see is hate coming from other women about this card. With so much riding on this fight and the potential cyborg fight women need to be out there supporting this card. So if it fails they have to accept blame. Phone Post
1/5/13 7:30 PM
BLACKBUDDAH

CheckinHose -
BLACKBUDDAH - Whos fault is it? I think female mma fighters and female fans are to blame. This is your chance to push this fight and get women's mma out there. The last time women dropped the ball was the WNBA will history repeat itself? Phone Post
Was your WNBA players dropping the ball analogy on purpose? Phone Post
Actually it wasn't I guess im a natural. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.