UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Goldie NOT Addicted to drugs...

1/5/13 12:00 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Mr Bungle
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

http://www.mmafighting.com/2013/1/4/3838142/mike-goldberg-says-health-issue-caused-him-to-miss-ufc-155-denies

"Contrary to recent online reports, long-time UFC play-by-play man Mike Goldberg says a freak recent health scare was the only reason why he missed UFC 155.

Goldberg didn't call last weekend's show in Las Vegas, marking the first time since he debuted with the promotion in 1997 that he missed a UFC assignment for a reason other than a schedule conflict. In his place last Saturday night, announcer Jon Anik called the show alongside color analyst Joe Rogan.

After the event, UFC president Dana White said he was unsure when the veteran broadcaster would return Octagon-side.

"Goldie's out for a while," White said, "and I don't know when he'll be back."

Later in the week, rumors began to surface online that the 48-year-old Goldberg was battling drug addiction, however, when contacted by MMAFighting.com via text message on Friday, Goldberg denied those claims.

"I'm doing well," he said.

"Those rumors out there are not true. I'm dealing with a complicated health issue but feeling better and hoping to be back to 100 percent by Jan. 26 (UFC on FOX 6 in Chicago). See you soon."

Goldberg declined to discuss his health issue in detail.

However, according to multiple sources close to Goldberg, who all asked to remain anonymous, the broadcaster suffered from a severe upper respiratory infection in October. The already-asthmatic Goldberg was then treated with large doses of medication to open the airway and treat the infection. Goldberg's doctor later confirmed that the medication taken to treat the infection in combination with his normal asthma medication caused severe side effects that affected his ability to work, which according to the same sources, was the reason he missed UFC 155.

Goldberg is currently being treated to get his health back on track and is approaching a full recovery."

Hope this clears things up. Not addicted to adderal like some suspected. Which was stupid because of the source being some shitbag third rate internet sports gossip dirt rag site.

Seriously hope this is a lesson to certain people here who jumped all over Goldie for absolutely no reason.

Anyway, Get well Goldie.
1/5/13 12:03 AM
Stu Cazzo
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dana White saying that he doesn't know when Mike will return isn't referring to a regular illness like this.

1/5/13 12:03 AM
the geek
101 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hmmmmmmm

1/5/13 12:05 AM
Mr Bungle
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

On a side note, hope this is a lesson to all those shitty blogs who mask themselves as actual Journalist(lol!)

Which it obviously won't be. Hence the reason for the clarification in the first place. Had there not been unsubstantiated rumors reported as if they were facts, none of this would be necessary. Goldie could of been able to rest and recover without worrying about shitbags on the internet running wild with internet "Truth" without any proof.

Terez Owens? Seriously? People get their news from the Perez Hilton of MMA? This is why you can't take the media serious anymore. Sad, Sad commentary this says about this generation.
Anderson P Sonnen
680 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Intredasting...... Phone Post
BeatonHauff
49 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fuck I'm pissed Phone Post
1/5/13 12:10 AM
Mr Bungle

Stu Cazzo - 

Dana White saying that he doesn't know when Mike will return isn't referring to a regular illness like this.

What does that even mean? An Upper respiratory infection that was (over)treated, which caused a serious heart complication isn't reason enough for Dana to not know when he'll be back?

Heart Conditions, let alone the ones caused by side effects of medications from an already preexisting condition, are nothing to laugh about. I currently have a heart condition that doctors can't figure out just yet. More test, more money, more time at the fucking doctors office means more time worrying what the fuck is going on inside my ticker. It's scary shit man.

Anyway, Don't worry about these assholes Goldie, You do the best you can and that's all we ask of you. Get well soon, you crazy bastard.
1/5/13 12:10 AM
Iwreastledabearonce
137 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He's not addicted to drugs, just pills. I hear he also has a pron addiction Phone Post
1/5/13 12:15 AM
yellow's Tap In
87 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Heel Hooker - 
Alpha Omega - Denial is the first stage. Get well soon, Goldie.

LOL

I don't think he was joking. People in the public eye often lie about their problems to said public. It is extremely clear from Dana White's responses since this has come up that it is a drug related problem. I just hope Goldie is being honest with himself and his family and wants to maintain his privacy, which he is fully entitled to. Get well soon, Goldie
1/5/13 12:19 AM
Mr Bungle

yellow's Tap In - 
Heel Hooker - 

LOL

I don't think he was joking. People in the public eye often lie about their problems to said public. It is extremely clear from Dana White's responses since this has come up that it is a drug related problem. I just hope Goldie is being honest with himself and his family and wants to maintain his privacy, which he is fully entitled to. Get well soon, Goldie

Despite the fact that I posted the link AND reposted everything in the article Verbatim, No One saw that both "sources close to Goldie, AND his own Doctor verified it was a serious medical condition?

Why does everyone assume that just because Dana said he didn't know when he'd be back that it just had to be some kind of drug issue? Because of the Dirt Rag article?

Not knowing when someone will be back could mean anything, I guess, but when taking into context that even his doctor said it was a severe medical issue with both his heart and his lungs...Ah fuck it man, I just don't know anymore.
1/5/13 12:21 AM
Stu Cazzo

Mr Bungle - On a side note, hope this is a lesson to all those shitty blogs who mask themselves as actual Journalist(lol!)

Which it obviously won't be. Hence the reason for the clarification in the first place. Had there not been unsubstantiated rumors reported as if they were facts, none of this would be necessary. Goldie could of been able to rest and recover without worrying about shitbags on the internet running wild with internet "Truth" without any proof.

Terez Owens? Seriously? People get their news from the Perez Hilton of MMA? This is why you can't take the media serious anymore. Sad, Sad commentary this says about this generation.

C'mon kid - this is public relations 101.

He has to say something like this or else it would ruin his public image and job opportunities.

Nobody can find out the truth - it's protected by law.  

1/5/13 12:23 AM
Stu Cazzo

Mr Bungle - 
yellow's Tap In - 
Heel Hooker - 

LOL

Despite the fact that I posted the link AND reposted everything in the article Verbatim, No One saw that both "sources close to Goldie, AND his own Doctor verified it was a serious medical condition?

Why does everyone assume that just because Dana said he didn't know when he'd be back that it just had to be some kind of drug issue? Because of the Dirt Rag article?

Not knowing when someone will be back could mean anything, I guess, but when taking into context that even his doctor said it was a severe medical issue with both his heart and his lungs...Ah fuck it man, I just don't know anymore.

Doctors aren't allowed to verify anything about a patient's situation.

1/5/13 12:33 AM
UGCTT_mousetrap
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Alpha Omega - Denial is the first stage. Get well soon, Goldie.
Haha Phone Post
1/5/13 12:34 AM
Jerry_Drama

Goldie Just Tweeted this

It's a shame how misinformation can spread so fast. Thank you for all the heartfelt concern. Ariel got it right…http://t.co/v97vq8qw
1/5/13 12:37 AM
pwdrblu

Vicious rumors can be vicious!
1/5/13 12:41 AM
grady
66 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

do you guys remember when him missing ufc 155 WASN'T due to a health related issue? I seem to remember it just a couple short weeks ago. lol
1/5/13 12:45 AM
Colboyo
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ummm...
1/5/13 12:52 AM
Pessimist_Pete

That settles it. He said he isn't addicted. Case closed. Phone Post
1/5/13 12:54 AM
Gene Pitney

who first reported that it was a drug addiction?
1/5/13 1:05 AM
Mr Bungle

SO it goes like this:

Dana says "Don't know when he'll be back"

So everyone jumps to conclusions, but treads carefully.

Then the Gossip Site Terez Owen a.k.a Perez Hilton of MMA starts rumors from "his sources" that Goldie is addicted to Adderal, just a few days after Joe Rogan himself said he had a friend who had an addiction to adderal, so everyone puts 1 + 3 together and gets 5. "Goldie's Addicted to Adderal, it has to be true, it's on the internet, I read it on the internet. Terez Owens site said it himself. Hell, Joe Rogan has a friend who is addicted to adderal, who also happens to eat womens assholes (sounds like Goldie, it has to be true).

A week of Speculation goes by, rumor grows by the day. "But I keep hearing it's Adderal, Goldie's Addicted to PillZZZ"

Then, just moments ago, one of the more respected Journalist(see: non-gossip spreading writer, opposite of gossip spreading dingus) Ariel Helwani posts article that with sources close to Goldie (closer than anything TO/PH had) who state a pretty reasonable scenario that "Upper Respiratory Infection, Over treated w/medication that leads to Serious Heart Condition". End of Story.

Thread Started.

People choose to ignore respected Journalist, instead believing Terez Owens Gossip diagnosis M.D. and a weeks worth of speculation built entirely upon flimsy reporting.

Got it.

Wow.

*Gives up all hope*
1/5/13 1:12 AM
Mr Bungle

Gene Pitney - who first reported that it was a drug addiction?

The Perez Hilton of Sports, Some Dickbag named "Terez Owens". Dirt Rag of sports. In all my 32 years, I never thought I'd say any of those words in conjunction with anything other than Pro Wrasslin.

So, Terez Owens.

And the Internet.

They were the first, therefore, if you ignore all facts, it has to be true. That's how the world works now. Watch CNN, FOXnews, MSNBC, Bloomberg, RT, any MSmedia.
1/5/13 1:15 AM
Loadin76
851 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

God Damn diverticulitis...gets the best of em.

1/5/13 1:26 AM
Mr Bungle

Loadin76 - 

God Damn diverticulitis...gets the best of em.

Ha! HA! Sounds about right. Sure beats "drug addiction"!
1/5/13 1:39 AM
OldManMinerva

you know you have to take the man by his word.

I can't shake the feeling and I've felt for a while that he seemed to be on....something. But whatever I wish him the best either way
1/5/13 1:42 AM
yellow's Tap In
87 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In recent interviews it was clear Dana was annoyed with Goldie, not concerned. He's got some sort of dependency issue, but really it's none of our business either way

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.