UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Guy claiming to be Rickson Brown Belt from 90s?

1/5/13 5:46 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
sitchpack
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Original email from the other thread to the owner of the Guildford Martial Arts Academy:

1/5/13 5:50 PM
sitchpack

Fabes -  If Henry is saying no, that's all I need to hear. Phone Post

According to the email from Rob who asked the academy owner who promoted Antonio, Antonio trained with Rickson for 8 years in the 90s. Does one simply train with Rickson for 8 years and completley slip under the radar? It seems unlikely, and Henry's answer helps to paint a better picture.

Anyone able to contact Rickson directly?

1/5/13 5:53 PM
SteveDav

In Phone Post
1/5/13 5:58 PM
Sugarfoot
139 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In for history lesson. Phone Post
1/5/13 6:01 PM
pelekys
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

sitchpack - 

According to the email from Rob who asked the academy owner who promoted Antonio, Antonio trained with Rickson for 8 years in the 90s. Does one simply train with Rickson for 8 years and completley slip under the radar? It seems unlikely, and Henry's answer helps to paint a better picture.

Limao was the main instructor at Rickson's academy in the 90's.

Manganello would know a brown belt under Rickson. He travels to the UK doing seminars now still.
1/5/13 6:01 PM
MarshallMMA
34 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In Phone Post
1/5/13 6:07 PM
sitchpack

pelekys - 
sitchpack - 

Manganello would know a brown belt under Rickson. He travels to the UK doing seminars now still.

Cheers bro. Can anyone contact Manganello perhaps?

1/5/13 6:18 PM
sitchpack

sitchpack - 
pelekys - 
sitchpack - 

Cheers bro. Can anyone contact Manganello perhaps?

Actually bro, the claim is specific to the Torrence academy before Rickson started his own school, so I am estimating on or before 1994-5.

1/5/13 6:43 PM
UGCTT_mrzipplokk
401 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 01/05/13 6:43 PM
Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Moderator

I  know Rener and Ryron. But in reality, I'm not interested in spending time on this thread. But for anyone interested. Call the Academy, during business hours, and tell whoever answers you have a question regarding  someone who made claims about the Gracie Challenge. They'll probably put one of the brothers on the phone. Then they will ask Dad.

1/5/13 6:48 PM
UGCTT_Fillthy
145 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_mrzipplokk - 

I  know Rener and Ryron. But in reality, I'm not interested in spending time on this thread. But for anyone interested. Call the Academy, during business hours, and tell whoever answers you have a question regarding  someone who made claims about the Gracie Challenge. They'll probably put one of the brothers on the phone. Then they will ask Dad.

bullshit.

what is Rener's favorite color?

1/5/13 7:04 PM
Osiris_431
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In. Phone Post
1/5/13 7:08 PM
sitchpack

UGCTT_mrzipplokk - 

Forgive my ignorance, the question is specific to whether Antonio received his brown belt from Rickson in the 90s, how is it linked with any claims towards the Gracie Challenge? And I would call but im not USA bound :(

Pleeeeeeease drop a line for us Zipp? Nothing untoward or offensive, we just need to know if this guy is legit or not.

1/5/13 7:19 PM
UGCTT_mrzipplokk
401 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jeezus, I'm confusing this thread with the other one about the Gracie Challenge. lol My mistake. arrrrrg

1/5/13 7:19 PM
UGCTT_mrzipplokk

My apology men.

1/5/13 7:26 PM
UGCTT_mrzipplokk

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/mma.cfm?go=forum_framed.posts_updsub&forum=1&thread=2112531&page=1&pc=74
1/5/13 7:26 PM
sitchpack

UGCTT_mrzipplokk - 

My apology men.

lol no problem bro. Would the Torrance guys know how to get in contact with Rickson, or maybe would Rorion know himself?

1/5/13 7:27 PM
sitchpack

SecretSeraphim -  In for disappointment. Phone Post

why disappointment?

1/5/13 7:27 PM
UGCTT_Fillthy
145 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_mrzipplokk - 

My apology men.

Holy Crap - you must have a serious VTFD stalker.

Off to find a thread of your creation, got your back.

1/5/13 8:13 PM
UGCTT_mrzipplokk

If the guy was at the Academy, then Rorion would remember him. I think Rickson was there in the 90's. 

Yeah, I got 10 vote downs today. Must be the RED circle on my back :-)

1/5/13 8:21 PM
sitchpack

UGCTT_mrzipplokk - 

If the guy was at the Academy, then Rorion would remember him. I think Rickson was there in the 90's. 

Yeah, I got 10 vote downs today. Must be the RED circle on my back :-)

The email stipulates that it was received at the Torrance academy could you run it by Rorion by any chance? Ill vote you up every day for a week if you do! :)

1/5/13 9:20 PM
sitchpack

TTT

1/5/13 9:20 PM
UGCTT_mrzipplokk

I'll message Rener tomorrow.

And watch for my vote ups lol.

1/5/13 9:36 PM
pelekys
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

So, let me get this straight... this guy is claiming to be a brown belt since 1994-ish?? That's some serious sandbagging.

You would think that his instructor, the legendary Rickson Gracie, would have bumped him up a rank since then.
1/5/13 9:39 PM
QAM256
44 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In Phone Post
1/5/13 9:44 PM
sitchpack

UGCTT_mrzipplokk - 

I'll message Rener tomorrow.

And watch for my vote ups lol.

Love you bro (no homo) :)

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.