UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Guy claiming to be Rickson Brown Belt from 90s?

1/6/13 12:24 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
sitchpack
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TTT Phone Post
1/6/13 12:33 PM
Alumynabjj

UGCTT_mrzipplokk -

If the guy was at the Academy, then Rorion would remember him. I think Rickson was there in the 90's. 

Yeah, I got 10 vote downs today. Must be the RED circle on my back :-)

I'll vote you uper later today when I get to.pc. Phone Post
1/6/13 12:41 PM
sitchpack

TTT for the truth. Phone Post
1/6/13 1:19 PM
Truemanc3
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

So this guy was training from 86-94 8 years! and got his brown belt from Rickson....he is 38 now so he would have been 11 when he started training and 19 when he left with his brown belt... hmmmmm!

UK bjj is pretty small.... every one knows everyone else within 2-3 degrees of seperation.

If there was a Rickson brown belt in the uk since the mid 90's he would known..
1/6/13 1:43 PM
DeuceDroppin

sitchpack -
Sugarfoot -
DeuceDroppin - Post an "attn 12" thread in the Atama forum (on here), and get him over here. He will be able to verify anything on the Gracie Torrence side of things. Phone Post
He already did, there is another thread, sorry not going to link on my iphone. Phone Post
That thread is linkes in my OP. Phone Post
I actually read the whole thread, but for some reason that didn't register in my brain! I'll check out that thread and hopefully if he's a fraud, he'll get outed as usual. Phone Post
1/6/13 3:36 PM
sitchpack

Truemanc3 - So this guy was training from 86-94 8 years! and got his brown belt from Rickson....he is 38 now so he would have been 11 when he started training and 19 when he left with his brown belt... hmmmmm!

UK bjj is pretty small.... every one knows everyone else within 2-3 degrees of seperation.

If there was a Rickson brown belt in the uk since the mid 90's he would known..

Exactly, applying logic to the evidence at hand seems to bring up more and more red flags. If he is indeed being fraudulent, hopefully the UK BJJ community will have enough evidence to either convince his academy to outst him, or indeed to challenge him to step down and stop teaching. 

By the way just reiterate for anyone joining the thread, that Manganello has said he has never seen or heard of the guy before, and Henry Akins has outrightly said that the claims are not true. The screenshots of the facebook group discussion acan be found in the Bullshido thread linked in the first page.

1/6/13 3:52 PM
sitchpack

UPDATE: This is a quote from the Bullshido thread, a British TKD practicioner who has had experience with Antonio in 2007-08. If anyone wants to verify his identity, he will post his TKD certs via PM to confirm:

"Someone just directed me to this thread, hope I can be of some help.

I am a 4th Dan Taekwondo back belt and registered instructor with British Taekwondo. I came across Antonio when I trained in central London around 2008-2009 when he was a personal instructor at Fitness First... as I was only a 3rd Dan back then gunning for a place in the national team, I thought his experience on that sheet was pretty impressive (Pan Ams, US National Team etc...) so I had a chat with him and booked some sessions...

... long story short, he did know some Taekwondo, but definitely not what a 5th Dan/ Master would be. If he were indeed a 5th Dan, I would know of it from British Taekwondo. I contacted USA Taekwondo with all the details I had of him and they replied to me in email that they have never heard of him, there are no records of such a person anywhere on their databases, especially not part of the national team or reserves. He has not competed in any Pan Am games, and definitely not medalled for the US Team because only the Lopez borthers had done that!

Antonio had not even heard of the Lopez family even though they spearheaded USA Taekwondo with the brothers' and sister's national and international success...

I will tell you flat out he's a fraud with regards to his Taekwondo claims, I doubt you'll find anything credible on him in the other fields. If ANYTHING, he's a Muay Thai fighter who's branched into a bit of the other sports.

My British Taekwondo certification and registrations are available in private message if anybody doubts the authenticity of my post. I THINK I still have the USA Taekwondo emails archived, not sure, but be warned he did not check out in my field.

Thanks and hope this helps.
JFarhead - 4th Dan - British Taekwondo - WTF"

Source:

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=119465&page=2&p=2753095&posted=1#post2753095

We now know that the TKD part of Antonio's credentials are most likely false, so it is highly unlikely his BJJ credentials will be verified.

1/6/13 3:58 PM
mendelson
155 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

lansingbjj - Not really... Craig Husband trained under Rickson for 15 years, taught at the boys and girls club as a white belt all this time, and was given his black belt just a few years ago. Phone Post
True that. Most Gravie academies were notorious for not giving belts easily. I trained under Charles Gracie in the late '90's and early 2000's. I placed in National and the PanAmericans as a Blue belt before I got my blue. After placing, Charles still did not promote me. After a year, I left to train MMA elsewhere and was promoted by the now infamous Joao Pierini. Crazy times. Phone Post
1/6/13 3:58 PM
Stache
40 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Some people just never learn.
1/6/13 4:20 PM
cawsie77
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Has anyone tried to phone his gym? It's a big claim to make considering the size of our country. Phone Post
1/6/13 4:33 PM
Truemanc3
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I was training at the GA around 97-98 (Rickson had left by then) a few of their purple belts who were on the instructors program were basically living in the gym everyday, training, cleaning and helping out doing privates etc... They were all new purple belts... the GA was very tough to move through the belts.
I know Jon Burke and a few others had been there 6 years even then....
No way has some kid got the brown from Rickson in 8 years it is almost laughable.
1/6/13 4:54 PM
sitchpack

TTT Phone Post
1/6/13 5:21 PM
cawsie77
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Very bold claim seeing there's a Roger Gracie affiliated school in Guildford as well. Phone Post
1/6/13 5:26 PM
Robbied01
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In for witch hunt Phone Post
1/6/13 5:43 PM
Ocean6

in for how tastes my big peepee recording
1/6/13 6:02 PM
sitchpack

TTT Phone Post
1/6/13 6:37 PM
sitchpack

UPDATE: According to the Bullshido thread, Antonio's claim to hold a Strength and Conditioning qualification from NASM is also being held to question, as the NASM provides an online service that allows all certificate holders to have their NASM credentials checked, and he isnt showing up on the search results.

Source:http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=119465&page=3

1/6/13 7:33 PM
UGCTT_mrzipplokk
401 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Moderator

Got a reply from Rener..........

1/6/13 7:35 PM
sitchpack

UGCTT_mrzipplokk - 

Got a reply from Rener..........

Epic!!!!!!!! What does Rener say?

1/6/13 7:38 PM
UGCTT_mrzipplokk
401 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rener Gracie 5:52pm Jan 6 Never heard of him.
1/6/13 7:41 PM
sitchpack

UGCTT_mrzipplokk - Rener Gracie 5:52pm Jan 6 Never heard of him.

Damn son good work VU every day for you (good to see you in the green now :) )

1/6/13 7:48 PM
UGCTT_mrzipplokk

My idea for next move is someone get in touch with that Roger Gracie affiliate and see when he is going to be there next. Then we tell him the 'story'. I'm willing to bet he would stop by if it's close.

1/6/13 7:51 PM
sitchpack

UGCTT_mrzipplokk - 

My idea for next move is someone get in touch with that Roger Gracie affiliate and see when he is going to be there next. Then we tell him the 'story'. I'm willing to bet he would stop by if it's close.

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=119465

The affiliate in question already knows, the discussion from the UK BJJ facebook page is screen shotted at the end of that page on the Bullshido thread. He has also attracted the attention of the local Carlson Gracie team which operates in the area.

1/6/13 7:53 PM
Tru
100 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Click For MMA Videos

vu zip and awesome thread.  in for story of roger gracie or carlson gracie dojo storm onhim

1/6/13 7:57 PM
UGCTT_mrzipplokk

Thanx brahz.

Hey, If Rener says 'never heard of him', he's a fraud. At least as far as going to Torrance, and being a direct fr Rickson brown belt.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.