UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Guy claiming to be Rickson Brown Belt from 90s?

1/7/13 9:55 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
OCMikelob
65 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In Phone Post
1/7/13 10:02 AM
mmaguy30
202 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Relson talks to Rickson every other day or so... I just sent Relson a msg, I'll hear back today on when he will ask him.

Just the age factor alone tells me BS.
1/7/13 10:49 AM
sitchpack
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

mmaguy30 - Relson talks to Rickson every other day or so... I just sent Relson a msg, I'll hear back today on when he will ask him.

Awesome, VU every day for you too friend! Lets see if we can get to the bottom of this! TTT for the truth! Phone Post
1/7/13 11:10 AM
sitchpack

TTT

1/7/13 11:15 AM
UGCTT_Fillthy
186 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 01/07/13 12:13 PM
Achilles is the GOAT - 
Achilles is the GOAT - I just messaged my trainer Neil Owen (part of the dirty dozen)

He might be able to shed some light... Phone Post
Neil said he has never heard of him before, but he said maybe if he saw him. Do we have a photo? Phone Post

EDIT - fixed the pic...thanks!

1/7/13 11:24 AM
DARSON_FLEMMINGS

TTT *FIRST POST*
1/7/13 11:36 AM
sitchpack

UGCTT_Fillthy -
Achilles is the GOAT - 
Achilles is the GOAT - I just messaged my trainer Neil Owen (part of the dirty dozen)

Neil said he has never heard of him before, but he said maybe if he saw him. Do we have a photo? Phone Post

Thats not him, his facebook page is linked above. Phone Post
1/7/13 11:38 AM
sitchpack

sitchpack - 
UGCTT_Fillthy -
Achilles is the GOAT - 

MY bad, thought someone had linked it earlier, here is his fb page: https://www.facebook.com/antonio.estepanian?fref=ts

1/7/13 11:47 AM
AttentionDeficitDizzle
146 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

subbed for reading material later
1/7/13 11:57 AM
sitchpack

UGCTT_mrzipplokk - Rener Gracie 5:52pm Jan 6 Never heard of him.

Zipp, could you screenshot this and upload it via tinypic, then post it here?

1/7/13 11:58 AM
sitchpack

mmaguy30 - Relson talks to Rickson every other day or so... I just sent Relson a msg, I'll hear back today on when he will ask him.

Hey man, if you could screenshot the email and the replies, upload them to tiny pic then post them here that woiuld help with the investigation a lot. 

1/7/13 12:01 PM
sitchpack

Achilles is the GOAT -  I just messaged my trainer Neil Owen (part of the dirty dozen)

Could you post the reply here in the form of screenshotting the original email (black out addresses etc) and upload it via tinypic, then embedd as an image, would be an amazing help. VTFU for you.

1/7/13 12:15 PM
sitchpack

TTT FOR THE TRUTH.

1/7/13 12:19 PM
UGCTT_Fillthy
186 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 01/07/13 12:20 PM
sitchpack - 
UGCTT_Fillthy -

This pic might be from many years ago.

The picture I replaced it with is from the future.

:)

1/7/13 12:38 PM
Poncey
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think Andy mentioned a couple of his purples going up there. Ill try and speak to him tomorrow. Phone Post
1/7/13 12:38 PM
UGCTT_mrzipplokk
383 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Moderator

It's my personal account, so I prefer not to screen capture.

1/7/13 12:39 PM
UGCTT_mrzipplokk
383 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Moderator

Hey, why does that pic on the couch w the woman say 2014 ?

1/7/13 12:43 PM
sitchpack

UGCTT_mrzipplokk -

It's my personal account, so I prefer not to screen capture.

No worries man, just black out all addresses and personal info in paint, thataway noone gets your or Rener's deets, and we then have some primary evidence to work with.

Lol the guy might be a time traveller, he may have got his brown from Maedea. Phone Post
1/7/13 12:51 PM
sitchpack

TTT

1/7/13 12:52 PM
E55 Pilot

If he trained with Rickson for 8 years, simply ask him this question. There was a store front in front of their studio on Pico blvd..... what was that business? If this clown was there for 8 years he would know what that business was.. I was there in the 90's and remember it (not for 8 years though).
1/7/13 12:56 PM
Osiris_431
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I did a google search on this guy for his Muay Thai record, which is allegedly a pretty incredible 22-1. The only results for "Antonio Estepanian Muay Thai" led back to the Guildford site. You'd think he'd have at least 1 documented fight, especially with such a great record.

http://www.streamica.com/heel%20battleground

This is also something that came up in my search. The description appears to be written by one of his students, but I can't pull anything up on the page because I'm on my phone, which doesn't have flash. But I see he called our friend a "brilliant teacher". Phone Post
1/7/13 1:24 PM
sitchpack

Osiris_431 -  I did a google search on this guy for his Muay Thai record, which is allegedly a pretty incredible 22-1. The only results for "Antonio Estepanian Muay Thai" led back to the Guildford site. You'd think he'd have at least 1 documented fight, especially with such a great record.

This is also something that came up in my search. The description appears to be written by one of his students, but I can't pull anything up on the page because I'm on my phone, which doesn't have flash. But I see he called our friend a "brilliant teacher". Phone Post

Ive already looked into it a bit, the video that was posted on that website (and also linked to a few others) has been removed, however the description is still appearing in the google search index, basically as a footprint. However the information and video are gone :(

1/7/13 1:33 PM
Osiris_431
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

sitchpack -
Osiris_431 -  I did a google search on this guy for his Muay Thai record, which is allegedly a pretty incredible 22-1. The only results for "Antonio Estepanian Muay Thai" led back to the Guildford site. You'd think he'd have at least 1 documented fight, especially with such a great record.

Ive already looked into it a bit, the video that was posted on that website (and also linked to a few others) has been removed, however the description is still appearing in the google search index, basically as a footprint. However the information and video are gone :(

Ah damn. Hopefully there will be a lead soon. Everything about this guy is really fishy, there is no information about any of his martial arts accomplishments online. Phone Post
1/7/13 1:46 PM
rosario00

In Phone Post
1/7/13 1:59 PM
sitchpack

Osiris_431 - 
sitchpack -

Ah damn. Hopefully there will be a lead soon. Everything about this guy is really fishy, there is no information about any of his martial arts accomplishments online. Phone Post

This is what threw the initial red flag up for the UK BJJ community I think, the fact that his martial arts accomplishments and credentials have completley eluded the internet is very suspicious. The further red flags are coming from the various Torrance and Rickson contacts, Henry Akins, Allan Manganello, Alister Fulton, Rener Gracie (Thank you Zipp!) (still waiting on responses from Relson Gracie and Neil Owen thanks to the kind posters on the UG), all of which so far have said they do not know who he is, and Henry Akins even outrightly said that the claim was not legitimate.

Now combine all that with a facebook account that started in November, a posting at a gym that started in early 2012, alongside the questioning of all his other martial arts credentials (The TKD story not checking out, his name not coming up on the NASM credentials checker online).

To further add to the mixing pot, according to the Bullshido screenshots of the fb UK BJJ Underground page, the local BJJ academy owner (Andy Roberts, blackbelt under Roger Gracie) said one of Antonio's students came to train at his gym, and the student was amazed at the teaching of technique, as the class Antonio ran was mostly 'freestyle'.

I do not want to claim that he is a legitimate fraud 100% as of yet, as I would like to hear back from the Relson contact and the email response to Rob T's latest email to see if the story changes.

Keep checking this spot, and everyone keep checking with their contacts!

TTT for the truth!

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.