UnderGround Forums

BJJGround Forum >> Any Pedro Sauer (Rickson) affiliates in the UK?

1/5/13 2:57 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Master Bater
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 01/05/13 2:58 PM

As an OLD(er) martial artist (44 years young) who wants to officially take up Bjj, i really like the simplicity of the Pedro Sauer system and the chilled atmosphere.

Are there any Affiliates in the UK - London would be better

cheers
1/5/13 4:49 PM
pelekys
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Says that there is one in Chelmsford.

http://www.pedrosauer.com/page.asp?id=10
1/5/13 5:44 PM
Rob T
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

There is a Rickson student (think he is a brown belt now), Dean Taylor, based in Kent.
1/5/13 6:03 PM
TheMauler
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Don't read too much into someone buying into an affiliation. You learn BJJ in Chelmsford from them, you will be learning bad judo from the following BJJ whitebelt:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9MjqoGjhpIc

Better to go to a good academy I reckon. You can buy yourself the same instructionals they teach from.

1/5/13 6:10 PM
pelekys
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If you're in London, why would you not train with Roger?
1/5/13 6:12 PM
JSho
333 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Roger is in la at the moment so of he is there on hols, no roger to train with. Phone Post
1/5/13 6:58 PM
scubad
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

There's plenty of good BJJ in London - just depends where you live really. I train at Gracie Garcia in Camden with Nilton Garcia which I highly recommend. He has Gracie lineage having trained with many members of the Gracie family but especially Rocion Gracie, Claudio Arrais and promoted to BB from Roger. His instruction is excellent, flows well and we have a fair amount of older guys training (myself included). Nice clean dojo, relaxed atmosphere and a good mix. Check out GracieGarcia on facebook or www.bjjinlondon.com
1/6/13 6:39 AM
Master Bater
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The guy in chelmsford is a white belt by the looks of it? i dont mind people starting from scratch on the belt system and working thier way up, even if they are the main owner of the gym, but how much of the PS way of teaching would he have learned in this short time?

Dean Taylor is very hard to track down... not sure he is even holding classes anymore? last i heard it was a small group training on the monday night only in Northfleet. but that was a few years back.

Believe it or not living in london does not mean that everything IN london is accessible :) went to Rogers academy in 2003/04 but never ended up continuing due to getting there... nearly 3 hours each way to get to the Kensal road location - not idea when you want ot be there at least 3 times a week.

i have looked at Gracie Garcia in the past, and must admit i liked what i saw, and camdem is not AS difficult tog et to as Notting hill...

TTT
1/6/13 7:18 AM
TheMauler
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Starting from the bottom is good. Charging high prices for tuition and membership whilst not being qualified to teach is not.

Where in London are you?
1/6/13 8:55 AM
Master Bater

Catford
1/6/13 10:20 AM
Topsyjt
132 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What about checkmate or BJJ School under felipe? Phone Post
1/6/13 11:10 AM
Poncey
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'd recommend my school; Mill Hill.

But Im biased Phone Post
1/6/13 12:24 PM
Master Bater

Poncey -  I'd recommend my school; Mill Hill.

But Im biased Phone Post

My little cousin trains there... just got his Blue
1/6/13 1:29 PM
Poncey
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Master Bater -

But Im biased Phone Post

Mark? Phone Post
1/6/13 4:10 PM
Master Bater

Poncey - 
Master Bater -

But Im biased Phone Post

Mark? Phone Post

yep, that's right :)
1/6/13 4:12 PM
Master Bater

scubad - There's plenty of good BJJ in London - just depends where you live really. I train at Gracie Garcia in Camden with Nilton Garcia which I highly recommend. He has Gracie lineage having trained with many members of the Gracie family but especially Rocion Gracie, Claudio Arrais and promoted to BB from Roger. His instruction is excellent, flows well and we have a fair amount of older guys training (myself included). Nice clean dojo, relaxed atmosphere and a good mix. Check out GracieGarcia on facebook or www.bjjinlondon.com

what's the membership cost there?

you can pm me if you would prefer..
1/7/13 5:54 AM
Master Bater

ttt
1/7/13 3:33 PM
Master Bater

up

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.