1/7/13 2:54 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Orcus Knows MMA Better Than Goku
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

so dana is a liar..

1/7/13 2:56 PM
lifeaftrprison
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMAinterviews -
Letibleu - The way it unfolded was kinda weird. Who are these guys anyway? Bloggers? Actual reporters? Weird internet TMZ?

I certainly hope a main event fighter on PPV is not making 12K to show. No manager in their right mind would let that happen which is why it sounded fishy from the start.

Yes it was odd, because we were unable to get comment until after it was already posted. Bottom line, our source was valid enough to make a report on it, and we still stand by the report despite getting a comment from Rousey's manager refuting it and Dana White saying it is false.

All we can say is wait and see what the commission numbers are following the fight.

God I hope it comes out you are correct. The DFW jr excuses on here will be Gold, pure gold. Phone Post
1/7/13 2:57 PM
lifeaftrprison
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

To clarify I mean the excuses made for his above "source less " statement by his fan boys. Not ones he will make. Phone Post
1/7/13 7:18 PM
devilishstoner
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If Dana's taking the time to refute, chances are the report is correct.
1/8/13 12:01 AM
CindyO

MMAinterviews - 

http://mmainterviews.tv/?p=7390

MMAinterviews was told from a source close to Liz Carmouche's camp that Ronda Rousey will be earning $75,000 to show and $75,000 to win, plus a cut of pay per view when she defends her UFC title against Carmouche at UFC 157. Carmouche will only be earning $12,000 to show and $12,000 to win according to the source. Rousey's manager Darin Harvey refuted those statements, saying that those numbers are false, but did not disclose any further information on her contract.

Rousey became the first female UFC fighter and champion recently, and will make further history when she locks horns with former U.S. Marine Liz Carmouche on Feb. 23 at UFC 157.

Carmouche is making waves of her own, as the first openly gay UFC fighter to go along with competing in the first female fight inside the octagon.

Ticket sales have reportedly been slow for the event going down at the Honda Center in Anaheim, CA, but those numbers and the pay per view numbers will likely wind up making Dana White and the UFC quite happy.

MMAinterviews was told from a source close to Liz Carmouche's camp that Ronda Rousey will be earning $75,000 to show and $75,000 to win, plus a cut of pay per view when she defends her UFC title against Carmouche at UFC 157. Carmouche will only be earning $12,000 to show and $12,000 to win according to the source. Rousey's manager Darin Harvey refuted those statements, saying that those numbers are false, but did not disclose any further information on her contract.

LMFAO!!! HTF would anyone NOT in Ronda's camp know about her pay???And you're hanging your hat on what someone who isn't even in Liz's camp told you????

And then Ronda's manager refutes it (did you edit your first post with the addition of Darin's comments w/o noting the edit?) and your response was:

"The problem was that by the time I finally heard back from her manager and he refuted the numbers, the article had already been posted and this thread had already run rampid (?)."

And then DW says its bullshit, too, and your response is:

"Wait and see how accurate these numbers are. We stand by the report and it's validity of being released." ????

I just wanted to make myself some notes so when this thread is bumped after purses are reported (and more edits or deletions are made) I could remember exactly what everyone meant, said and did:) But LOL@ standing by something someone told you who isn't even with Ronda's or Liz's camps after 2 persons IN THE KNOW tell you otherwise!!!

You GO, boy=)

Cindy

1/8/13 12:24 AM
Brigham
126 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

CindyO -
MMAinterviews - 

http://mmainterviews.tv/?p=7390

Rousey became the first female UFC fighter and champion recently, and will make further history when she locks horns with former U.S. Marine Liz Carmouche on Feb. 23 at UFC 157.

Carmouche is making waves of her own, as the first openly gay UFC fighter to go along with competing in the first female fight inside the octagon.

Ticket sales have reportedly been slow for the event going down at the Honda Center in Anaheim, CA, but those numbers and the pay per view numbers will likely wind up making Dana White and the UFC quite happy.

LMFAO!!! HTF would anyone NOT in Ronda's camp know about her pay???And you're hanging your hat on what someone who isn't even in Liz's camp told you????

And then Ronda's manager refutes it (did you edit your first post with the addition of Darin's comments w/o noting the edit?) and your response was:

"The problem was that by the time I finally heard back from her manager and he refuted the numbers, the article had already been posted and this thread had already run rampid (?)."

And then DW says its bullshit, too, and your response is:

"Wait and see how accurate these numbers are. We stand by the report and it's validity of being released." ????

I just wanted to make myself some notes so when this thread is bumped after purses are reported (and more edits or deletions are made) I could remember exactly what everyone meant, said and did:) But LOL@ standing by something someone told you who isn't even with Ronda's or Liz's camps after 2 persons IN THE KNOW tell you otherwise!!!

You GO, boy=)

Cindy

This. Phone Post
1/8/13 8:12 AM
NHBDaddy
60 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Usually when the boss man comes on to call BS on something it's BS. Jus sayin..
1/8/13 8:46 PM
CindyO

TTT

2/27/13 8:09 PM
CindyO

MMAinterviews - 
Letibleu - The way it unfolded was kinda weird. Who are these guys anyway? Bloggers? Actual reporters? Weird internet TMZ?

I certainly hope a main event fighter on PPV is not making 12K to show. No manager in their right mind would let that happen which is why it sounded fishy from the start.

Yes it was odd, because we were unable to get comment until after it was already posted. Bottom line, our source was valid enough to make a report on it, and we still stand by the report despite getting a comment from Rousey's manager refuting it and Dana White saying it is false.

All we can say is wait and see what the commission numbers are following the fight.

Bottom line, our source was valid enough to make a report on it, and we still stand by the report despite getting a comment from Rousey's manager refuting it and Dana White saying it is false.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!! The next time a manager or promoter states in writing (like Darin and DW did) that your "reports" regarding pay are wrong maybe you will note it instead of trying to lead folks to believe they are lying, huh? LOL@ your source!

Cindy

2/27/13 8:11 PM
CindyO

Edited: 02/27/13 8:25 PM
Orcus Knows MMA Better Than Goku - 
MMAinterviews - 
likatiga -  I don't know either way if the number is right or wrong, but if you want to be legit you verify your source's info. If, during that verification process you get a denial or contrary information, you have no info. To run a story headlined by refuted info, then you're a hack.

MMA Journalism needs to come out of the dark ages like MMA itself did. Phone Post

You are correct. The problem was that by the time I finally heard back from her manager and he refuted the numbers, the article had already been posted and this thread had already run rampid.

im no journalist, but aren't supposed to get at least 1 confirmation from good source before running with a story?

LOL! Bu bu but he did confirm it! With his source! And his source had a source "close to ronda's camp" that told him she was getting $75k/$75k! Maybe the reported $45k/$45k from the AC is wrong=)

Cindy

2/27/13 8:12 PM
CindyO

MMAinterviews - 
Orcus Knows MMA Better Than Goku - 
MMAinterviews - 
likatiga -  I don't know either way if the number is right or wrong, but if you want to be legit you verify your source's info. If, during that verification process you get a denial or contrary information, you have no info. To run a story headlined by refuted info, then you're a hack.

MMA Journalism needs to come out of the dark ages like MMA itself did. Phone Post

You are correct. The problem was that by the time I finally heard back from her manager and he refuted the numbers, the article had already been posted and this thread had already run rampid.

im no journalist, but aren't supposed to get at least 1 confirmation from good source before running with a story?

Wait and see how accurate these numbers are. We stand by the report and it's validity of being released. 

LOLOLOL!!!

Cindy

2/27/13 9:02 PM
Steve4192
217 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I forgot all about this thread.

Nice bump

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.