UnderGround Forums

GamerGround >> Elder Scrolls Online

1/6/13 3:02 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Sub Reactor
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Anyone closely following the leaks about this 2013 release? So far my main concerns are the map limitations due to factions. As well as how they will handle online membership (fees and such). SO excited to immerse myself in this game though. Phone Post
1/8/13 1:48 AM
Langolier
72 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I am interested to see how it plays out. Most MMO seem to leave something to be desired now days and become a grind fest. Phone Post
1/23/13 11:26 PM
slugshot331
280 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Cannot fucking wait

1/24/13 12:11 AM
gord96
95 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Langolier - I am interested to see how it plays out. Most MMO seem to leave something to be desired now days and become a grind fest. Phone Post
Agreed. People used to the freedom of the Elder Scrolls games might find an MMO very restricting.

It happened to ToR. People were hoping for KotOR III and they got an MMO which was fun at first but turned into a grindfest with boring quests and little freedom. Phone Post
1/24/13 12:50 PM
Harlow's Rhesus
58 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I signed up, but i doubt i ever make it past the beta... No matter how much they deny it, everything i've seen and read is setting it up to be a formulaic mmo in a setting i like more than most. That said, if the world is as expertly crafted as the console releases, in terms of variation and architecture and environment especially, it could be a formulaic mmo i waste a lot of time in.

1/24/13 6:17 PM
Granpa
130 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Graphics like it's 1999

1/24/13 7:19 PM
Squatdog
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

gord96 - 
Langolier - I am interested to see how it plays out. Most MMO seem to leave something to be desired now days and become a grind fest. Phone Post
Agreed. People used to the freedom of the Elder Scrolls games might find an MMO very restricting.

It happened to ToR. People were hoping for KotOR III and they got an MMO which was fun at first but turned into a grindfest with boring quests and little freedom. Phone Post

They got World of StarwarsCraft, with a series of RPG storylines as quests.
1/24/13 8:42 PM
PrettyCoolGuy
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think MMO's are only dying because every game has the same combat system. If an mmo didn't have the basic 1-0 and more keybinds and cooldown based combat, it'd be very refreshing. And I don't mean like age of conan where it was exactly the same but different keybinds.
1/24/13 8:44 PM
Langolier
72 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Beta sign ups are now open on their forums. Phone Post
1/29/13 3:28 AM
Jack Carter
643 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

slugshot331 - 

Cannot fucking wait

The gameplay will be just like that!

1/29/13 9:23 AM
BigWilliam
292 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The MMO formula is pretty stale, they need a revamp of the combat system. Make it more fluid and more fun like an FPS.

Something like the skill system in Borderlands instead of the endless power management.
2/21/13 12:16 AM
Sub Reactor
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

anyone get beta?
2/21/13 12:33 AM
Gerbacio
626 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Langolier - Beta sign ups are now open on their forums. Phone Post
I hope they pick me Phone Post
2/21/13 1:38 AM
SLUGSHOT_331
280 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sub Reactor - anyone get beta?
Not out yet. Phone Post
2/21/13 2:50 AM
Edgars3FightLosingstreak
133 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BigWilliam - The MMO formula is pretty stale, they need a revamp of the combat system. Make it more fluid and more fun like an FPS.

Something like the skill system in Borderlands instead of the endless power management.
DCUO went that route, it was fun Phone Post
2/28/13 11:10 AM
Jack Carter
643 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

slugshot331 -

Cannot fucking wait

Here's the problem: those sexy female elves are being played by fat Japanese man-children in real life. Phone Post
2/28/13 2:11 PM
Darup
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sub Phone Post
3/1/13 10:49 AM
Harlow's Rhesus
58 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

PICK ME YOU FUCKERS. DO IT.

MEEEEEEEEEEEE

3/1/13 11:27 AM
gord96
95 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The video is great, but the gameplay footage looks meh at best. Then again it is alpha footage. Just looks like any other MMO though. Hopefully they can do something to make it stand out from the others. In truth, I wish they were focusing on a new Elder Scrolls single player game then on an MMO.
3/1/13 11:45 AM
Harlow's Rhesus

I don't have much hope for the combat, but i'd kill for an MMO with heavy dark souls influence. There were a lot of games, Dark Souls the perfect example but even Dead Island and a few others had great feedback and timing that the Elder Scrolls series really needs to take some tips from even for their single player forays. The combat in Skyrim just wasn't what it should have been, it has not developed in that regard since Morrowind despite all the improvements and additions.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.