UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Carmouche has never beaten an opponent with...

1/6/13 4:40 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
kungfufedor
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

more wins than losses

The combined win/loss total of the oponents she has beat is 21-27

How is She PPV main event???

How can you fight for a title when all the contenders have more losses than wins??
1/6/13 4:43 AM
Orcus Knows MMA Better Than Goku

at least shes coming off a win. thats a step in the right direction for the ufc

1/6/13 4:52 AM
Poopyface TomatoNose

Good sir, you've missed the point entirely.

It's not about women's mma, it's about the Ronda Rousey vs. anyone show. Her opponent (unless it's Cyborg) is merely there to showcase Ronda. Phone Post
1/6/13 4:54 AM
kungfufedor

Yes but I have zero interest in this fight, 13-1 underdog whats the point!

If it was a prelim then ok!
1/6/13 5:31 AM
Dmoney35

Poopyface TomatoNose - Good sir, you've missed the point entirely.

It's not about women's mma, it's about the Ronda Rousey vs. anyone show. Her opponent (unless it's Cyborg) is merely there to showcase Ronda. Phone Post
I could see Gina coming back and that fight would be huge but otherwise I agree Phone Post
1/6/13 6:20 AM
whoabro

Orcus Knows MMA Better Than Goku -

at least shes coming off a win. thats a step in the right direction for the ufc

Zing Phone Post
1/6/13 7:02 AM
CHILLITACO
701 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This.

Even the promoter said it's the Honda show.

Still be good to watch cause she will be tough as, so if she can stay on the feet somehow ot will be more than 30 seconds. Phone Post
1/6/13 12:57 PM
Utah get me two

Basic fight promotion. Throw Rhonda a can, make a spectacle out of it, GET DAT CHEDDA. You act like this is the first time in combat sports history that a champion has been fed an easy win. The only time it ever backfired was when Apollo fought Rocky (and Apollo won that fight).
1/6/13 1:12 PM
Gene Pitney

they should mention this in the primetime special lol
1/6/13 1:12 PM
BuddyRevell
121 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Poopyface TomatoNose -  Good sir, you've missed the point entirely.

Exactly. This is intended as a squash match. Rhonda is playing the role of Hulk Hogan and Carmouche the role of The Brooklyn Brawler.

1/6/13 1:29 PM
Haulport

kungfufedor - more wins than losses

How can you fight for a title when all the contenders have more losses than wins??

Women's MMA is a fucking joke. It is there not because so many fans are demanding it, it is there (AND MAINEVENTING) because the scumbag mainstream media will cover it. Many media outlets would never cover an MMA event or interview the participants but a pretty girl who likes to beat up other girls???? Oh yeah, get her in. Oh wait...and talks a lot of stupid shit like she's on the cast of the Jersey Shore? Even better!!! Oh and her opponent is a lesbo (shocking! a woman athlete who's gay?!?!?!?!?). That's perfect!!!!

Pretty, cheeseball girl gonna beat up a big dykie-looking girl = WE ARE IN!

So that's why Shaw did this sideshow shit and that's why Lorenzo/Dana are doing it now. They don't care if legends end up on the under card, they don't care about legitmate sporting events (like a contender with an opponent record under .500) or they give a shit about is media coverage for their SINKING business.

So I hope they enjoy their horrible PPV buys that they are willing to swallow for "strategic purposes".

1/6/13 1:30 PM
Utah get me two

Ryann Von Doom - 
Utah get me two - Basic fight promotion. Throw Rhonda a can, make a spectacle out of it, GET DAT CHEDDA. You act like this is the first time in combat sports history that a champion has been fed an easy win. The only time it ever backfired was when Apollo fought Rocky (and Apollo won that fight).
Might want to watch liz fight. It's easy to be a wiki analyst, but liz is gonna shock some people Phone Post

She is going to get taken down and armbarred in the 1st round.
1/6/13 1:40 PM
Gene Pitney

People need to remember that Liz was like the FOURTH option for this fight. Cyborg couldnt take it, Tate turned it down and I think McMann even turned it down.
1/6/13 1:42 PM
JOESONDO
51 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

But why would you pay to see it? Are you interested in Anderson Silva vs Matt Makowski? It takes two to make a great fight. This fight is a rediculous gimme. Not fight night main event material much less PPV. Phone Post
1/6/13 2:11 PM
Steve4192
212 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Utah get me two - 
Ryann Von Doom - 
Utah get me two - Basic fight promotion. Throw Rhonda a can, make a spectacle out of it, GET DAT CHEDDA. You act like this is the first time in combat sports history that a champion has been fed an easy win. The only time it ever backfired was when Apollo fought Rocky (and Apollo won that fight).
Might want to watch liz fight. It's easy to be a wiki analyst, but liz is gonna shock some people Phone Post

She is going to get taken down and armbarred in the 1st round.

^ This

I like Liz, but her only claim to fame as a fighter is that she gave Marloes Coenen some problems before getting submitted.  We all know she is game and tough as nails, but she's just not skilled enough to hang with Rousey.  She is basically a poor woman's Tate.  A solid scrappy wrestler with a decent top game and not much else.  Ronda is going to toss her on her head, lock up an armbar in transition, and make her tap before the end of the 1st round.  That is a given.  The only thing in question is how much time will be left on the clock when she gets the tap.

1/6/13 2:13 PM
Steve4192
212 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Gene Pitney - People need to remember that Liz was like the FOURTH option for this fight. Cyborg couldnt take it, Tate turned it down and I think McMann even turned it down.

Bullshit.

Both Tate and McMann have denied that they were ever offered this fight.  Liz was the only fighter who Zuffa contacted after it became clear that Cyborg couldn't/wouldn't make 135.

1/6/13 3:09 PM
40oztofreedom
105 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It's a big set up.

Ronda has been training for this fight for a while in a full camp before her opponents were even contacted. Tate comfirmed it was short notice and she wanted a full camp so she said no. I imagine if McMann was even contacted at all, it was the same deal.

I've learned that whatever uncle Dana gossips to the public, it's usually not true. Phone Post
1/6/13 3:15 PM
Flyers179

This is the worst main event possible and is a joke. Complete publicity stunt.
1/6/13 3:22 PM
Steve4192

Edited: 01/06/13 3:28 PM
Flyers179 - This is the worst main event possible and is a joke. Complete publicity stunt.

No

The worst main even possible and a complete publicity stunt would be Rousey versus Kim Couture. 

At the very least, Liz is a legit ranked opponent.  She's definitely not the best opponent out there, but she is a legit fighter who is probably the third or fourth best option for this fight.  Liz is ranked #7 in the 135 pound division, and only three of the women above her have not already lost to Ronda.  Of those three, two were already booked to fight each other on last night's Invicta card (Davis & Baszler).  That leaves Sara McMann as the only other unbooked potential opponent ranked higher than Carmouche, and it appears Zuffa wants to build her up for the potential 'Olympian versus Olympian' clash.

1/6/13 3:28 PM
fightharder
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Haulport - 
kungfufedor - more wins than losses

Women's MMA is a fucking joke. It is there not because so many fans are demanding it, it is there (AND MAINEVENTING) because the scumbag mainstream media will cover it. Many media outlets would never cover an MMA event or interview the participants but a pretty girl who likes to beat up other girls???? Oh yeah, get her in. Oh wait...and talks a lot of stupid shit like she's on the cast of the Jersey Shore? Even better!!! Oh and her opponent is a lesbo (shocking! a woman athlete who's gay?!?!?!?!?). That's perfect!!!!

Pretty, cheeseball girl gonna beat up a big dykie-looking girl = WE ARE IN!

So that's why Shaw did this sideshow shit and that's why Lorenzo/Dana are doing it now. They don't care if legends end up on the under card, they don't care about legitmate sporting events (like a contender with an opponent record under .500) or they give a shit about is media coverage for their SINKING business.

So I hope they enjoy their horrible PPV buys that they are willing to swallow for "strategic purposes".

Dear Sir,

While you words are harsh and perhaps somewhat uneloquent i have to fully agree with the most important point you are making (denying us a potentially epic five round battle....Dana really fucked us on this one and generally shows how much he personally seem to dislike one of the all time legends of the game, Dan Henderson).

While i do differ somewhat in opinion about woman MMA (it is personally not my think but i do think it is important that the UFC wants to try and incorporate it into their organisation and companies like Invicta exist) you also make a very fair point about the approach of the UFC (completely and utterly wrong in my eyes) and why they even began to entertain the notion at all (PR purposes play a big fucking role).

I also hope this event will fail so next time they will at least put Ronda against a top five level opponent,who actually deserved the shot and they will not give that fight the proper place on a card without spoiling a potential fight of the year award for us simple but loyal MMA fans.

1/7/13 10:46 AM
epwar
649 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 01/07/13 10:48 AM
kungfufedor - Yes but I have zero interest in this fight, 13-1 underdog whats the point!

If it was a prelim then ok!

"You're obviously not a real MMA fan!" - Dana White

That said, Dana also is getting to enjoy the free publicity of "Liz is the first openly gay MMA fighter in the UFC" angle that he has been pushing.

1/7/13 11:33 AM
zazen br

That's "perfect". Not only she's not a threat to Rhonda, she's gay and been in the army. She fits the bill perfectly for what they want.

But the bottom line is, Rhonda cannot lose.
1/7/13 11:52 AM
Dr Gonzo
182 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ryann Von Doom - 
Flyers179 - This is the worst main event possible and is a joke. Complete publicity stunt.
Really? Worst ever? Lol Phone Post

I'm pretty sure this is the worst ppv main event in the Zuffa era.
1/7/13 12:36 PM
MagSlim

I find it ironic that there are 'old school mma fans' that would call themselves 'PRIDE fans' and not 'TUF noobs' that now that they're all grown up are anti Ronda crushing cans in the UFC.

It's fun to watch.

PRIDE never die.
1/7/13 12:42 PM
tbi0904
55 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ryann Von Doom - 

I've seen Liz fight and she ain't shocking anyone in Feb.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.