UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Carmouche has never beaten an opponent with...

1/7/13 12:43 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
OuTkAsTTTTT69
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

She put up a good fight against what's her name Marlos Conen? for the title in strike force. I was pulling for her Phone Post
1/7/13 12:46 PM
OuTkAsTTTTT69

Don't be so quick to hate on people.. so what good for her that she gets the opportunity, its not like there are tons of top level women that are well known. Who do think she should fight? Sable? China? Phone Post
1/7/13 1:12 PM
Utah get me two

OuTkAsTTTTT69 -  Don't be so quick to hate on people.. so what good for her that she gets the opportunity, its not like there are tons of top level women that are well known. Who do think she should fight? Sable? China? Phone Post

I wouldn't mind seeing her break Sugar Free's arm. But Wandy's sparring partner would have to have a winning record first, which will never happen.
1/7/13 1:19 PM
rosario00

Poopyface TomatoNose - Good sir, you've missed the point entirely.

It's not about women's mma, it's about the Ronda Rousey vs. anyone show. Her opponent (unless it's Cyborg) is merely there to showcase Ronda. Phone Post
This exactly Phone Post
1/7/13 1:31 PM
I_Bungalo_Baboo_Babies
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hopefully shes improved her power because her GNP last time had nothing on it. Honda will whip around over her head like a lasso Phone Post
1/7/13 2:05 PM
puss'nmitts
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Liz's most recent fight was a win over Kaitlin Young, who wad 7 wins 5 losses at the time they fought, so not exactly true that Liz has never beat someone with a winning record. Kaitlin Young also has a ko win over Miesha Tate.

Carmouche vs. Young was a good fight and probably the best gauge of Liz's skills at the moment. She took some hard shots standing, but held her own on the feet. Good wrestling and got the sub late in the 2nd round. Here it is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jb0MnPaZ_cA

Not saying she is the best challenger for Rousey at the moment, but close fights with Coenen and Kaufman, and a win over Young puts her in the same league as the other top women at 135 imo. Hope to see a good competitive fight!
1/7/13 2:19 PM
Brian Davis

I agree, I don't mind women fighting in the UFC, i'll pay to see it, but a headliner? Especially one where everyone with a brain knows Rhonda is going to win in the first round. 2nd tops. Dan Henderson should be headlining that card, plain and simple.

That being said, it's good to see females in the UFC now.
1/7/13 2:31 PM
Tomato Can
115 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This is the problem with women's MMA right now. The talent pool is so shallow that it's hard to justify televising any but the absolute elite few fighters.

Shit, the woman who lost to Felice Herrig on a recent Bellator card was probably the worst fighter I've seen on a televised card in years, and she is considered top 20 in her weight class.
1/7/13 2:58 PM
Tomato Can
115 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

She may have been a last minute replacement, but if someone like Jay Hieron or Diego Sanchez (just trying to think of top 20ish male fighters) were a last minute replacement, you can bet they wouldn't have looked that awful. I mean honestly, I don't want to be mean or harp on her as an example, but it was truly embarrassing, she didn't seem competent at any facets of the sport.

And no, I wouldn't say that 135 has "a shitload of talent". It has:

1) Ronda, the champ.

2) Tate and Kaufman, the top contenders, both of whom Ronda has already beaten.

3) A few other decent fighters in Invicta, including Davis, McMann, Zingano, and Carmouche.

Compare this to a "stacked" men's division like 170, where super talented guys like Ben Saunders and Mike Swick are arguably not even top 50.
1/12/13 3:59 AM
Utah get me two

Gina looks to be about 170 in her recent pics with Superman. That girl ain't seeing 135 without losing a limb.
1/12/13 4:15 AM
BobSherob
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I thought it was gonna say "balls" Phone Post
1/12/13 5:41 AM
big poooop

The number one shill for the UFC Chris27 in 3,2,1...He will tell us how Dana really did offer this fight to other top contenders. He will also tell us how this is a legit main event, carmouche is a real threat, and real fans should watch it. If he wants to get up to a quarter a post he better get his butt in here, he is slipping.
1/13/13 2:50 PM
Haulport

big poooop - The number one shill for the UFC Chris27 in 3,2,1...He will tell us how Dana really did offer this fight to other top contenders. He will also tell us how this is a legit main event, carmouche is a real threat, and real fans should watch it. If he wants to get up to a quarter a post he better get his butt in here, he is slipping.

Hahahahaha. LOL! VTFU. Chris is SUCH a paid poster...............

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.