UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Invicta already dying? WTF

1/6/13 1:18 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
ShoeMoney
271 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ShoeMoney Media, MFCEO

Just looking at the stream stats from Ustream it looks as if Invicta had 1/4 of the viewers that Cindy and Shannon quoted (and their tech monkey) from their first event..

I watched the fights and thought they were awesome.  I hope it doesnt die.

1/6/13 1:32 PM
mestregruber
110 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I would expect the numbers to drop off a bit when they start charging. I am aware that they switched it to a free stream last minute but it could be a factor. Fewer people willing to pay than wanted to watch for free. Phone Post
1/6/13 1:35 PM
Loadin76
842 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Considering only about 1/4 could get the stream to work... yeah that sounds about right.... Oh well good event for what I saw, I will be watching the next one if able to.

1/6/13 1:35 PM
yellow's Tap In
83 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

They made zero money on ppv, I'm sure lost money on the gate. That Shannon Knapp must have a rich husband that doesn't mind losing hundreds of thousands per year
1/6/13 1:36 PM
yellow's Tap In
83 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think a lot of people who wanted to try (for Rowdy) will give up, I'm sure as hell not going to try and watch another one after last night's stream debacle
1/6/13 1:43 PM
UGCTT_EnderTL
231 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

yellow's Tap In - I think a lot of people who wanted to try (for Rowdy) will give up, I'm sure as hell not going to try and watch another one after last night's stream debacle

I hear ya. All that blood, sweat, and tears trying to get an internet stream working, when there was a ton of info on how to get a working stream readily available. I wouldn't blame you if you never tried to use the internet again. Life's tough.

1/6/13 1:47 PM
jasonhightower
176 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LOL @ those thinking they are owed anything... From a free fight card.

Whiners move along... Phone Post
1/6/13 1:50 PM
DojoJay
139 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lol at this whole scene... A bunch of online cheerleading for a product which did not deliver, then we're publicly berated for being "gender biased,", and accused of "mysogyny" if we all don't immediately jump on the bandwagon.

Classy :D

1/6/13 1:51 PM
Anderson P Sonnen
680 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Great stuff from invicta. I just really wish they can go into partnership with ZUFFA that way we have one other org for women. I think bringing in a few top talented females to the ufc could be a marketing issue, but that's just me. I guess I'm weird like that Phone Post
1/6/13 1:53 PM
Dana Stern
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The reality is in 5 years will there be an Invitica fight promotion? Probably not, and that's not to be mean or pile on its just a very tough industry. Hope I'm wrong. Phone Post
1/6/13 1:54 PM
udk

The outcome here has always been inevitable.
Major orgs can't make it...
1/6/13 1:58 PM
Diesel67
53 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If Invicta signs Cyborg ppl will  pay to watch her fight.

Putting the muscle on Yamanaka

1/6/13 2:00 PM
ShoeMoney
271 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Buy my book!, MFCEO
jasonhightower -  LOL @ those thinking they are owed anything... From a free fight card.

Who was whining?

I just hope it doesnt die.  I don't think its for lack of interest.  Just maybe lack of marketing ?

1/6/13 2:03 PM
CaliKush
348 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Girl fights are good Phone Post
1/6/13 2:09 PM
ShoeMoney

Buy my book!, MFCEO
Ryann Von Doom - 
UGCTT_EnderTL -
yellow's Tap In - I think a lot of people who wanted to try (for Rowdy) will give up, I'm sure as hell not going to try and watch another one after last night's stream debacle

I hear ya. All that blood, sweat, and tears trying to get an internet stream working, when there was a ton of info on how to get a working stream readily available. I wouldn't blame you if you never tried to use the internet again. Life's tough.

This. Last nights event even with ustream fucking up was fucking great. Most of the vocal haters here didnt even watch. Phone Post

Dude where are the haters in this thread?  Seen nothing but good comments.

You Invicta shills need to slow down and actually read a bit... 

1/6/13 2:11 PM
I'mDownWithBrown
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

A lot of people tried to watch it (me included) and the stream just kept fucking up and it became a hassle to even attempt to watch.

There are many willing supporters (many people don't want to be refunded) but they fucked up. There might not be enough supporters to sustain it for the long haul, but I'm always happy to watch fights and generally Invicta has exciting fights.
1/6/13 2:11 PM
MCchoke

nearly everyone who waited until yesterday to purchase there ticket code(unless they went through facebook)
could not order the event because technical problems with Ustream
this is the reasons numbers were lower
most of us had to wait for the replay
1/6/13 2:12 PM
Carla Esparza #1 Fan
165 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ryann Von Doom - 
UGCTT_EnderTL -

This. Last nights event even with ustream fucking up was fucking great. Most of the vocal haters here didnt even watch. Phone Post

Most of the vocal haters are the ones you see in the threads bashing the Rousey/Carmouche fight, and constantly making dispariing comments about the female fighters.

1/6/13 2:13 PM
jasonhightower
176 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ShoeMoney -
jasonhightower -  LOL @ those thinking they are owed anything... From a free fight card.

Who was whining?

I just hope it doesnt die.  I don't think its for lack of interest.  Just maybe lack of marketing ?

Well if Ustream didn't have streaming issues then are these threads even showing up today?

Show me an organization who in the first two years executes their business plan flawlessly.

I think the most realistic approach for them is to get an entry level TV deal to showcase the talent and see if the interest grows from there. Phone Post
1/6/13 2:15 PM
UGCTT_EnderTL
231 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 01/06/13 2:24 PM
ShoeMoney - 
Ryann Von Doom - 
UGCTT_EnderTL -

Dude where are the haters in this thread?  Seen nothing but good comments.

You Invicta shills need to slow down and actually read a bit... 

I think he's referring to threads last night as far as "vocal haters", but yellow's post wasn't exactly emitting positivity.

And to be fair, most people assume you have alterior motives whenever you mention Invicta. I'm not sure why that is, though. ;)

edit: fixed awkward wording. edit2: actually fixed awkward wording... lol

1/6/13 2:16 PM
Bad Monkey
75 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Where do you find the viewership numbers on ustream? What were they?

And ShoeMoney, I don't know why, and I hope I'm wrong, but I get this passive/aggressive vibe from you.  You come off as though you are rooting for Invicta's demise and are trying to plant the seed in the mind of the public that they are all but done, even though you say you hope they make it.

I hope I'm reading this situation wrong and if so I apologize. If not, well then fuck your mother!!!

1/6/13 2:18 PM
Lahzerous
268 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

After every Invicta event Shoemoney makes a thread about them.

1/6/13 2:19 PM
Matt Phillips
775 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bad Monkey - 

And ShoeMoney, I don't know why, and I hope I'm wrong, but I get this passive/aggressive vibe from you.  You come off as though you are rooting for Invicta's demise and are trying to plant the seed in the mind of the public that they are all but done, even though you say you hope they make it.

I hope I'm reading this situation wrong and if so I apologize. If not, well then fuck your mother!!!

I get the same vibe.

I dont like the cut of your jib ShoeMoney.

1/6/13 2:22 PM
Carla Esparza #1 Fan
165 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Matt Phillips - 
Bad Monkey - 

I get the same vibe.

I dont like the cut of your jib ShoeMoney.

It's not a vibe, it's the truth.  He's had a hate on for them since their first event.  I remember him trying to call out Shannon after their first event and just being a douchebag.  There are quite a few guys around here that seem disparaged that one of these chicks could beat the fuck out of them

1/6/13 2:23 PM
Bad Monkey
75 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Its the same shit after every Invicta event.

Would Invicta failing be a finacial benefit to you ShoeMoney? 

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.