UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Rugby + Judo + American Gladiators....wait WTF?

1/6/13 5:45 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
sirjoshua
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Blue namer please: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-J3JN54Gnvs&feature=share

INTRODUCING .....ugh.... Footbrawl.
I just fucking typed.... f o o t b r a w l.

For the decrepit fans of X-Arm.....here ya go.
A sport where you can run with the ball, kick it, pass it, throw it to who ever whenever, judo toss an opposing team member then proceed to ne-waza the fuck out of them while all the while not giving a fuck anymore about the ball and then having an American Gladiator start hitting you.....

wait what..?
1/6/13 6:23 PM
junon
33 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

retarded.

1/6/13 6:24 PM
junon
33 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

the goalie should not be able to roam free like that.
1/6/13 7:45 PM
buddie
232 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sounds like an ill-conceived sport out of a bad post-apocalypse novel.
1/6/13 7:52 PM
fightharder
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jesus christ,

full retard mode. I already thought Aussie rules football was a little wacky (had the pleasure of visiting a game the last time i was in Sydney....i am a big football fan,a decent Rugby fan but Aussie rules was just a little to weird) mainly because the flow of the game really did not work for me with all the different aspects.

This makes Aussie rules look focused. There is way to much going on and hence it just chaotic.

It sounds like an awesome idea. It looks like some fun exercise some crazy dudes do in an MMA gym after the training. Funny but not a sport.

1/6/13 10:23 PM
simpsonaye
127 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

fightharder -

Jesus christ,

full retard mode. I already thought Aussie rules football was a little wacky (had the pleasure of visiting a game the last time i was in Sydney....i am a big football fan,a decent Rugby fan but Aussie rules was just a little to weird) mainly because the flow of the game really did not work for me with all the different aspects.

This makes Aussie rules look focused. There is way to much going on and hence it just chaotic.

It sounds like an awesome idea. It looks like some fun exercise some crazy dudes do in an MMA gym after the training. Funny but not a sport.

Hey no need to insult AFL, piece of piss to play once you know the rules Phone Post
1/6/13 10:37 PM
DWTF
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

simpsonaye - 
fightharder -

Jesus christ,

Hey no need to insult AFL, piece of piss to play once you know the rules Phone Post

and you invented the idea of sportsmanship. gtfoh
1/6/13 11:03 PM
Hywel Teague
219 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GLADIATORS SPIRIT'S IS STILL ALIVE Calcio storico Fiorentino Take 2 from Brice Ansel on Vimeo.

What's up with those girly head protectors?

Real men play Calcio Storico!!!

MODERN GLADIATORS - CALCIO STORICO from David Battistella on Vimeo.

1/6/13 11:43 PM
Jaybrone
388 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

THis shit looks ridiculous.

1/6/13 11:46 PM
Jaybrone
388 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Although the goalies coming out beating people with that thing they carried was hillarious.

1/6/13 11:48 PM
AllAmericanBoxing
168 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hywel Teague -

GLADIATORS SPIRIT'S IS STILL ALIVE Calcio storico Fiorentino Take 2 from Brice Ansel on Vimeo.

What's up with those girly head protectors?

Real men play Calcio Storico!!!

MODERN GLADIATORS - CALCIO STORICO from David Battistella on Vimeo.

That's the game in Italy where they just punch each other to death right? Cuz that shit is cray cray I watched the vid before. Phone Post
1/7/13 12:21 AM
ranier wolfcastle
876 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 01/07/13 12:21 AM

if mma didnt exist, i would love this

1/7/13 12:25 AM
simpsonaye
127 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DWTF -
simpsonaye - 
fightharder -

Jesus christ,

and you invented the idea of sportsmanship. gtfoh
Just cause I blindside my opponent doesn't mean I ain't sportsmanlike ;) Phone Post
1/7/13 12:31 AM
AristidesBrito
70 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In Phone Post
1/7/13 1:49 AM
judo yu
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

the italian gladiator thing looks awesome.
1/7/13 2:44 AM
shen
669 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Truly the most elegant of sports.
1/7/13 5:17 AM
Moist Gracie
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

in
1/7/13 5:58 AM
Dogmeat 1
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

calcio storico is pretty awesome because it is keeping alive the traditional way football was played. Football developed all over the world but European football originally involved wrestling and boxing and was used as way for Germanic and Celtic tribes to keep their warriors in fighting shape long before professional soldiers became common.

Footbrawl on the otherhand looks like it is trying too hard and seems to be basically an adult version of the type of lunchtime football game that was commonly played in Australian elementary and high schools before the crackdown on dangerous school activities. Rugby league/union takes too much organisation for a lunchtime game and soccer still didn't have much mainstream popularity in Australia in those days due to the lack of contact so we used to play a mix of both. It looked a lot like that footbrawl video minus the lame gladiator style wifflebats. There was no punching but tackling and wrestling was allowed so it was a pretty fun game and my guess is those guys were trying (and failing) to make their own hardcore version of it.
1/7/13 1:50 PM
zebers3
408 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What the fuck did I just watch?

Those baton guys are hilarious though.
1/7/13 11:07 PM
Kings21
42 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fucking hilarious. It needs soccer kicks to the head of a downed opponent though. All of those guys need to be kicked in the head while some other dumbass has the back. Thats the only way to put an end to the madness. Also, who needs another sport with Foot in the name when they're rarely allowed to use their feet.
1/7/13 11:15 PM
AndrewJitsu
48 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What?!? Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.