UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Varner wants rematch with Lauzon next

1/6/13 8:08 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1030 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

“I want to start my retribution tour,” Varner told the Sherdog Radio Network’s “Cheap Seats” show. “I want to start fighting the guys that I’ve lost to. First would definitely be Joe Lauzon. I’d really like to fight Joe again.”

“I’m not going to take anything away from Joe,” Varner said. “Joe’s awesome and he had an amazing game plan for me. The fact that he broke me down so technically, to the littlest move, like my head position on my double leg, and was able to capitalize on it, that’s incredible. It speaks volumes about him as a fighter and as a technician. I definitely feel that if we were to fight again and I had a full training camp, I would win that fight. I think it would be different.”

“I have to earn that fight with Donald, but I think with Lauzon, that would be a fight that I could arguably fight right away,” Varner said. “It could be my next fight.”

read entire article...

1/6/13 8:11 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
slugshot331
276 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Love it.  Their first fight was great.  Make it happen Dana!

1/6/13 8:12 PM
yellow wrkahlc
103 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

lol no.

Have Lauzon fight Nate next. As for Varner, give him Ross Pearson or something. After that, maybe a bout with Maynard.

1/6/13 8:13 PM
Pancake Syrup
556 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Too soon imo
1/6/13 8:17 PM
yellow's Tap In
78 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

way too soon, really hope they don't do that (don't think they will)
1/6/13 8:18 PM
Chris
349 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, COO

the UFC doesn't  often do rematches in bouts with definitive endings so soon, especially where no title is involved.

1/6/13 8:19 PM
Master Shredder
38 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Every time Lauzon whoops someones ass they think they deserve a rematch right away...I like Varner but Joe has bigger fish to fry
1/6/13 8:22 PM
PJ Benn Fan
191 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rematch maybe in a couple fights.
That said ive really warmed up to varner. Phone Post
1/6/13 8:31 PM
Fabes
152 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Moderator
Chris -

the UFC doesn't  often do rematches in bouts with definitive endings so soon, especially where no title is involved.

This.

Joe vs Nate (or Wiman)

Varner vs Dunham/Sass/Tibau/Dos Anjos??? Phone Post
1/6/13 9:33 PM
bmorela3
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

too soon but definitely wanna see them fight again. first fight was foty Phone Post
1/6/13 9:56 PM
HandyDarsh
106 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i respect his decision of calling out people that beat him, some guys do the opposite (not naming names).

And hes coming off of a win and joes coming off of a loss, it kinda makes sense.

1/6/13 10:34 PM
sincitydc
133 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It was a great fight. I would rather see match ups though. Let them mix it up with some new opponents and if their paths collide in the future let it happen. Phone Post
1/6/13 10:35 PM
yellow wrkahlc
103 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

HandyDarsh - 

i respect his decision of calling out people that beat him, some guys do the opposite (not naming names).

And hes coming off of a win and joes coming off of a loss, it kinda makes sense.

Thank God you didn't say JENTON QUAKSON.

1/6/13 11:01 PM
Flyers179

Master Shredder - Every time Lauzon whoops someones ass they think they deserve a rematch right away...I like Varner but Joe has bigger fish to fry

Excuse me but what fight were you watching?

Joe won, but it was a far cry from an ass whooping.

Varner absolutely did more damage in the fight.

Give the man his 8 week camp and lets see him fight Joe. Or Joe vs Gray.

Everyone wants to see Joe vs Nate but I really really think that is a mismatch for Lauzon (although he has surprised us all before).
1/6/13 11:17 PM
Flyers179

Thatsjustlikeyouropinionman - 
Flyers179 -
Master Shredder - Every time Lauzon whoops someones ass they think they deserve a rematch right away...I like Varner but Joe has bigger fish to fry

Everyone wants to see Joe vs Nate but I really really think that is a mismatch for Lauzon (although he has surprised us all before).
Lol Joe whooped dat ass Phone Post

You are probably a troll but still I'll bite because I believe many fight fans are borderline retarded and may believe your statement.

Lauzon Sig. Strikes: 44 of 118
Total Strikes: 55 of 130
Takedowns: 2 of 5

Varner Sig. Strikes: 82 of 177
Total Strikes: 84 of 181
Takedowns: 2 of 4

Awesome fight. Lauzon won. The reality still exists that Varner was doing very well.
1/6/13 11:41 PM
THP

Thatsjustlikeyouropinionman - 
Flyers179 -

Lol Joe whooped dat ass Phone Post

Too many posts for too few brain cells
1/7/13 12:02 AM
Jaybrone
329 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Too soon. Another fight or two each and see where they stand in the division and go from there.

1/7/13 12:56 AM
Flyers179

The fight was fantastic. I'd like to see it with both guys having a full camp.

Whats the downside? We have another guaranteed scrap on a fight card? Why not do it.
1/7/13 2:32 AM
B Random
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'd rather see Lauzon vs Miller II... on Fox Phone Post
1/7/13 10:28 AM
EBM
218 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Absolutely no interest in a Lauzon/Varner re-match. Would be a step down for Joe anyway.

Lauzon vs. Diaz is the fight to make.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.