UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Gil Melendez wants avenge his homie Nate

1/6/13 9:25 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1197 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

UFC President Dana White said recently that Gil Melendez may get a title bout with lightweight champion Benson Henderson in his first UFC fight.

Melendez is game for obvious reasons, not the least of which is Henderson recently beat Gil's friend and teammate, Nate Diaz.

"Benson is an amazing fighter, tough guy," said Melendez. "Initially I wasn't too impressed with his WEC days, but as soon he made his first appearance in the UFC, in I think Toronto, Canada against Bocek, I was really impressed. I've seen him improving ever fight since.

"He is an impressive guy, but I match up very well with him, and I think I can beat him.

"You're hurt because your buddy lost, and I feel like Nate didn't perform his best. He had some things going on. Benson did pop him in the eye. You want to whip the dudes ass, you want to beat him up. You want to avenge your team, avenge your homie, but much respect to the guy. Nothing personal, but you want a piece of him."

Read entire article...

1/6/13 9:28 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
yellow wrkahlc
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/mma.cfm?go=forum.posts&thread=2113232&page=1

Once again, too bad he won't.

1/6/13 9:33 PM
Sofa King Cool
332 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Immediate title shot?

I'd say give him Pettis/Maynard/Miller/Guida just to see how he stacks up with the division first. Phone Post
1/6/13 9:33 PM
yellow wrkahlc

1/6/13 9:42 PM
DamnSevern
1198 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

josh thompson vs nate diaz, make it happen

1/6/13 9:44 PM
GayGuardMooseSaucy
479 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

No Cesar Gracie fighter will ever win UFC gold. I think Gil is overrated but might do a little better against Ben Phone Post
1/6/13 9:48 PM
BENDOver 209 Top Team #2
270 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GayGuardMooseSaucy - No Cesar Gracie fighter will ever win UFC gold. I think Gil is overrated but might do a little better against Ben Phone Post
I don't understand how you can breathe, let alone talk, with all that cock in your mouth

color me impressed Phone Post
1/6/13 9:49 PM
JohnnyChrist

Six strikeforce title defenses Phone Post
1/6/13 10:05 PM
yellow wrkahlc

JohnnyChrist -  Six strikeforce title defenses Phone Post

StrikeForce is the keyword there.

1/6/13 10:06 PM
fightharder
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BENDOver 209 Top Team #2 - 
GayGuardMooseSaucy - No Cesar Gracie fighter will ever win UFC gold. I think Gil is overrated but might do a little better against Ben Phone Post
I don't understand how you can breathe, let alone talk, with all that cock in your mouth

Moose just tells it like it is dear Sir.

I love Melendez style and i think he is one of the nicest,coolest dudes in the game. Having said that i really do not see him have a shot against Bendo. Bendo is to big and does everything Melendez does a little better. Melendez might have slightly better hands but Bendo speed advantage and his ability to close distance will negate that advantage.

As for the Diaz brother,great fighters,great characters but they are never going to win the belt either. Well never say never (in case of Nate, Nick does not have a chance) but there style does not offer a lot of possibilities against the current titleholders.

So i know the truth is hard to take....but you have to stay realistic about these things.

1/6/13 10:08 PM
GayGuardMooseSaucy
479 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BENDOver 209 Top Team #2 -

Ok 209 fanboy, ill make sure to check on you after nick gets his ass kicked by GSP. Phone Post
1/6/13 10:16 PM
HandyDarsh
152 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GayGuardMooseSaucy - 

Ok 209 fanboy, ill make sure to check on you after nick gets his ass kicked by GSP. Phone Post

typical diaz hater vs diaz fan conversation^^^^^

1/6/13 10:42 PM
GayGuardMooseSaucy

HandyDarsh -
GayGuardMooseSaucy - 

typical diaz hater vs diaz fan conversation^^^^^

Being Realistic=Being a Hater

Ug logic Phone Post
1/6/13 11:16 PM
Jaybrone
447 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 01/06/13 11:16 PM

I don't think Gil deserves the automatic shot at the moment. After the Aoki fight I would have said hell yes. But 3 fights since that fight in Apr '10? While I think part of that is SF's inability to get things done. I think Gil's lack of activity has hurt his standing with in a tough and stacked division. And he didn't look all that great against Thomson in the last fight.

1/7/13 12:51 AM
stonepony

Automatic shot would be ridiculous. They might do it because they want the PPV sales before his stock plummets. He's not better than Nate and he won't do better than Nate did against Benson. Force him to take at least one fight against one top-contender first, and he'll never get a shot at Benson.

He should be fighting Eddie Alvarez, and not for a #1 contender spot. Should be a #1 contender bout after that.
1/7/13 1:08 AM
LayzieTheSavage
201 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

www.middleeasy.com, Videographer
Good interview.... :P Phone Post
1/7/13 1:16 AM
hmb

Let's be real. I am a 209/CG Team WHORE but Gil really wants a piece because he got tapped. It's easier to say what he said.

Benson is a tough fight for anyone at 155. I seriously think he can hang with GSP.
1/7/13 1:49 AM
MMALOGIC

JohnnyChrist -  Six strikeforce title defenses Phone Post

like having the biggest dick in china.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.