UnderGround Forums

S&C UnderGround >> Any triathlon competitors?

2/11/13 10:40 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
ss_thai
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

bull neck - big slacker - do it. I'm 41 and I registered for Melbourne IM (6 weeks away) in April last year. It's my second triathlon (first was a half iron in December). A year is plenty of time to build up. The best piece of advice I can give right now is get used to running. Don't run far just yet if you're not a habitual runner, but run often, like 4-5 times per week. A 30 minute run has nearly no recovery cost and leaves you not beaten up. Don't try to run fast either. You can get your high HR work in the pool or on the bike with less damage to the body and save yourself for the speed work during IM prep.
Nice work, what club are you with?

I joined MTC about a month ago, can't emphasise enough how invaluable my teammates are when I'm not feeling motivated.
I'd never done a triathlon a month ago, finished my first Olympic distance in 2:30 this weekend. Looking to do the shepparton 70.3 2013 and the melbourne ironman 2014 Phone Post
2/11/13 11:00 PM
bull neck
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm not in a club. I'm a personal trainer and squads tend to train when i make most of my money so it never made sense to me to belong to one. Besides, IM is a long day on your own so I figure I better get used to it in training.
2/12/13 5:13 AM
ss_thai
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What suburb are you in, if you don't kind me asking? Phone Post
2/13/13 6:01 AM
bull neck
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bentleigh mate. You must be Bayside or further down if you're MTC? (Mornington Tri Club, or melbourne tri club?)
2/16/13 6:02 PM
ss_thai

Melbourne tri club, I'm in st kilda. I'm going to enter the 2014 IM melbourne. Time to start putting pennies away for a tt bike.
I work 8 days on 6 off so if you're going for a long ride during the day and want some company PM me, I need to work on my bike leg the most by far Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.