UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> UFC buys LA Boxing chain

1/7/13 2:15 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1258 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

The UFC expanded their business far beyond the Octagon when they first opened a series of UFC branded gyms in the last couple of years.

That expansion will see an even larger growth in 2013 as the UFC has purchased the LA Boxing franchise and all gyms will soon be converted to UFC-branded facilities.

“We just bought LA Boxing so all of those are going to be converted into UFC gyms,” UFC president Dana White said when speaking to a trade group at the New Media Expo.

The LA Boxing franchise, founded in 1992 in California, has more than 60 locations in 23 states.

“UFC gyms has been huge for us,” said White. “It’s been an incredible, incredible business for us.”

Read entire article...

1/7/13 2:16 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Carne de cavalo é o melhor
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wow
I work right next to one on central ( I think) Phone Post
1/7/13 2:18 PM
RickStorm
1883 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Moderator

Cool... Got one of those about a mile from me. I probably wont switch though.. Im a night owl and like my 24 hour fitness

1/7/13 2:35 PM
vaginal tear
104 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I bought an LA Boxing franchise a few years ago. Right after I bought it the market crashed, I wonder if I'll get my money back or if they will let me keep the territory. Phone Post
1/7/13 2:47 PM
MMALOGIC
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

there are around 80 la boxing gyms in the country.

1/7/13 2:53 PM
Tru
121 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Click For MMA Videos

I guess I will have about 10 ufc gyms within 20 minutes now lol.

1/7/13 2:58 PM
bignightmare
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LA Boxing gyms are about 1/10 the size of UFC gyms in most cases size and equip wise.....I wonder how that plays out.
1/7/13 2:59 PM
Orcus Knows MMA Better Than Goku

wtf..i just looked it up...how come la boxing doesnt have any gyms in la?

1/7/13 3:00 PM
vaginal tear
104 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

bignightmare - LA Boxing gyms are about 1/10 the size of UFC gyms in most cases size and equip wise.....I wonder how that plays out.
They will prob keep the LA Boxing mold. There is no room in most to trane UFC. Phone Post
1/7/13 3:02 PM
Brian J DSouza

Sounds like a smart acquisition.

1/7/13 3:02 PM
vaginal tear

Orcus Knows MMA Better Than Goku -

wtf..i just looked it up...how come la boxing doesnt have any gyms in la?

The business started in OC. It was a play off of LA Fitness. Phone Post
1/7/13 3:03 PM
cripplersc
117 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Can't wait to put on my extra medium affliction shirt and sign up and tell my friends I'm going to trane ufc literally smh. Phone Post
1/7/13 3:04 PM
Cyril Jeff
186 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

twitter = @theCyrildotcom

wow, big move, wonder what the aquistion cost?

1/7/13 3:09 PM
GriffinQ
127 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Someone(maybe MMALogic or just a random poster) posted about this awhile ago... Looks like they were right Phone Post
1/7/13 3:23 PM
stevekt
689 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This will mean more places to TRANE UFC bro. Phone Post
1/7/13 3:24 PM
3 Sided Square
513 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Cyril Jeff -

wow, big move, wonder what the aquistion cost?

Tens, possibly hundreds(!) of dollars. Phone Post
1/7/13 3:59 PM
slamming

I never imagined UFC gyms would be that much of a success. Phone Post
1/7/13 4:16 PM
GladiatorGannon
300 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

l8r
1/7/13 4:16 PM
Tubarao

this is big Phone Post
1/7/13 4:30 PM
vaginal tear

slamming - I never imagined UFC gyms would be that much of a success. Phone Post
The UFC is that successful. It's smarter to buy an existing brand with the formula of success already in place than to spend years trying to figure it out for yourself. Phone Post
1/7/13 4:35 PM
joshjitsu

Sub Phone Post
1/7/13 4:58 PM
DevilDawg
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

RickStorm - 

Cool... Got one of those about a mile from me. I probably wont switch though.. Im a night owl and like my 24 hour fitness

UFC Gyms are open 24hrs with the exception of major holidays like Thanks Giving, Christmas and New Year where they do close at night.
1/7/13 4:59 PM
vaginal tear

If it ain't Dutch, it ain't much - I doubt LA Boxing by itself was that successful but they have the locations already and staff. Plus they have existing member database which allows the UFC to come in and grow faster. I assume the UFC will have two sized gyms, the smaller ones like LA Boxing and the larger ones which the UFC has now.
Depends on the location and management. East coast gyms charge more and therefore have a higher gross. Some west coast gyms had better management and location and did better than others. Phone Post
1/7/13 5:08 PM
blueheron20816
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I teach a few classes at LA Boxing on the weekend for extra money, I guess this means I am finally a UFC employee lol. Wonder if Dana will sign my paycheck.
1/7/13 5:08 PM
GroundStPound

More bros traneing, awesome! Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.