UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> UFC buys LA Boxing chain

1/9/13 10:31 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
blueheron20816
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That gym does not sound at all like the one I have been working out of. Besides that one guy, we have some very legitimate instructors. A couple REAL MMA fighters, pro boxers(william joppy was there for a while, he may have actually moved to a gym in Rockville), and a legit black belt running the bjj/mma classes.

That sparring class is one class out of dozens of others held during the week and really the only thing I think is garbage. I have a kids class that is pretty fun actually, and I like almost all of the people who come to my kickboxing, no real douchebags that I can think of.

While I have run into a couple instructors, that have passed through from other gyms in the area, that are complete posers, for the most part it seems like a good crew. I do know that the owner can have a big impact on how things are run there, and who is hired. I know for a fact the guy that owns the gym you are talking about has nothing to do with ours. Who knows, maybe that one is just a bad apple, sounds like it to me.
1/10/13 12:32 PM
nyhcloyalty
103 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Listen when things are franchised you can't judge an entire chain by one or two examples. Phone Post
1/10/13 12:45 PM
nyhcloyalty
103 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Damn dude you're really angry about this lol all I know is that my gym has come a long way since it opened in 2010 and we've got a lot of guys training hard and competing and bringing home wins and medals. So you can totally be upset with some of the other gyms, but at the end of the day it's all about what you make of it and I'm honored to be a part of my gym. Phone Post
1/10/13 12:46 PM
nyhcloyalty

dlong949 - It wasn't just 2 it was Rockville, Columbia, Arlington/Alexandria. Just stroll over to their website and you'll see what I'm talking about.

http://laboxing.com/rockville/gyms/
Alright will do man I will take a look Phone Post
1/16/13 12:03 PM
vaginal tear
113 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

dlong949 - This is what I'm talking about more LA Boxing BS!
It's UFC BS now. Phone Post
1/29/13 7:59 AM
nyhcloyalty

dlong949 - When I went to LA Boxing it was a bunch of soccer moms falling over the heavy bags
Depends on the gym, and depends on the time really. Phone Post
1/29/13 3:40 PM
vaginal tear
113 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Qs64PrToETk

2/12/13 3:24 AM
xakx
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ttt
2/12/13 9:51 PM
xakx
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 02/12/13 9:51 PM
This is actually a great idea, I think they are going to do very well with this.

From day one its gonna be packed.

Of course that is if they do everything 'right', but its kinda hard to screw this up.

The key to success in this will be great coaches at the gyms.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.