UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Bellator is suing Eddie Alvarez!

1/7/13 7:11 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Mdson
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Why does everyone yap about what UFC does? This is Eddie Alvarez and Bellator issue.

It doesn't make it less scumbag or more acceptable even if 100 promoters do it.
1/7/13 7:48 PM
Matrixkick
43 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ghost842 - So I wonder if UFC can come back with a bigger counter offer or they are locked into their original offer?
This? Phone Post
1/7/13 7:50 PM
MisterHawkeMMA
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

caposa - 

http://www.mmafighting.com/2013/1/7/3848340/bjorn-rebney-on-dispute-over-matching-eddie-alvarezs-ufc-offer-we

"There is no guaranteed pay-per-view in the UFC offer to Eddie Alvarez," he says emphatically. "We as Bellator don't have to match projections. We don't have to match what could conceptually happen. We have to match guaranteed dollars and what the UFC contractually guaranteed would occur. That is what we are held to."

Despite that, Rebney said that Alvarez's pay-per-view stake was matched anyway, under the belief that Bellator could move into the pay-per-view market with the right fight, for example, a rematch of the notable 2011 bout between Alvarez and Michael Chandler.

There is a ton of language in all UFC contracts that's not guaranteed. That's done on purpose to reward fighters for their actual productivity the same way most jobs work. Things like the sponsor money that would come from fighting a top 5 LW vs a nobody in Bellator, pay being doubled for the winner, etc all works as tiers. It's a way better model than any of the other pro sports.

1/7/13 8:00 PM
SJBenoist
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think I'll wait for both sides to be presented before I make a decision on who is in the wrong.
1/7/13 8:00 PM
SJBenoist
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 01/07/13 8:00 PM
Double
1/7/13 8:14 PM
HenryO
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

grachuss - Bellator has done nothing for the sport except tie up fighters we all want to see in the UFC.

They've put on over 80 shows, in MMA that is an accomplishment and has definitely helped the sport.

I dont like the way theyve handled some fighters but every promotion does shit like this, see Couture, Randy.

It's funny how so many people are quick to hate with every ounce of their being any promotion that goes against the UFC. Having multiple promotions is needed for MMA, rather then just ZUFFA promoting their 10 or so fighters, other fighters get promoted.

Nick Diaz and Alistair OVereem are two of the most talked about fighters in the sport because they were promoted properly by someone other then the UFC
1/7/13 8:30 PM
91W209
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In. Phone Post
1/7/13 8:38 PM
Letibleu
1661 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TheMentalisT - This is BS. I know Eddie and he hates this type of shit. He told me he was at a settlement meeting and thought everything was fine, then 30 minutes later he finds out Bellator is suing him.

From the beginning i was told that Eddie feels Bellator could NEVER match what they say they can, so they know Eddie is going to the UFC, but just wants to hold him up as a punishment.

i was told a few other things, but i can't say yet.

no offense, but if its true, dont say a peep. Not here, not at a bar, nothing.
1/7/13 8:40 PM
Hong Kong Phooey
818 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Smellde Gluve - 

After all the storys and suings they've changed their name:

Killer graphic ,

im not liking the jib of this law suit and i enjoy Bellator.

1/7/13 8:59 PM
smth416
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I just want Eddie in the UFC.

Bellator grows shadier every day.
1/7/13 9:04 PM
krash24

Billy Joe Rottoncrotch - 
zebers3 - 
Billy Joe Rottoncrotch - 
GunnarWreckedMyAssHAOLE - 
Billy Joe Rottoncrotch - Dana White would never do something like this.

BJ Penn and Randy Couture will back me up.

Randy sued Zuffa

BJ blatantly broke his contract and never got sued by Zuffa

troll fail

You're talking semantics.

Zuffa has gone to war with many fighters over the years.

Whether Zuffa sued them or they sued Zuffa in response to something shady Zuffa did to them.

I think the point is that, what you are bringing up has absolutely nothing to do with this. Nobody questioned whether Zuffa has pulled shady shit in the past, although, things obviously have been worked out between Penn/Couture/UFC.

The point is that Bellator is fucking Eddie right NOW, which is BS and people are allowed to shit on Bellator for it, just as when people shit on Zuffa when they mess up.

It's a fair point.

I can accept this.

Thank God. There is no telling what would have happened if you didn't accept this......
1/7/13 10:10 PM
whoabro

SJBenoist - I think I'll wait for both sides to be presented before I make a decision on who is in the wrong.
You must be new here Phone Post
1/7/13 10:50 PM
Farquit

NavyCorpsman - 
GunnarWreckedMyAssHAOLE -

-Bellator did not match

-They are suing Eddie

-Eddie cant say much else due to lawsuit

Bjork Rebney strikes again!

Sauce? Phone Post

BBQ but we also would like to know the SOURCE
1/7/13 10:57 PM
liquidrob
115 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 01/07/13 10:57 PM
Lol @ there shady because they matched

Did the UFC offer him a guaranteed ppv fight right away because Bellator can't match that. They could put him on Fuel

Looks like a top LW free agent was available and they offered him 250k bonus and 70/70 a fight, lol, Bellator said ok, that's not a lot, good job low balling UFC
1/7/13 11:48 PM
orcus

"Looks like a top LW free agent was available and they offered him 250k bonus and 70/70 a fight, lol, Bellator said ok, that's not a lot, good job low balling UFC"

You know that Ben Henderson's official salary is 39/39, right? Frank Edgar's is 50/50. Explain how Alvarez being offered 70/70 is a lowball.

1/8/13 1:05 AM
SRTGEO

Oh look, Bellator suing another fighter.
1/8/13 3:00 AM
Enemies

MMALOGIC - 

Boycott bellator.  Boycott Spike.

I heard you're not a real MMA fan if you don't watch Bellator or Spike TV.
1/8/13 4:19 AM
BigSleep
109 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

whoabro -
SJBenoist - I think I'll wait for both sides to be presented before I make a decision on who is in the wrong.
You must be new here Phone Post
Lol! Phone Post
1/8/13 4:34 AM
Phil Cornelius

THERE NEEDS TO BE A FIGHTERS UNION!!!!......Randy get it started!!!
1/8/13 4:57 AM
TeamRenzo4Life
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMALOGIC - 
TeamRenzo4Life - 
slamming - 
MMALOGIC - 
TeamRenzo4Life - 
MMALOGIC - 

^ bellator didnt match the offer so they are suing eddie to keep him on the sidelines as punishment for not resigning with them.

standard operating procedures for bellator.

Standard for UFC too. Zuffa has in place the same sort of contract with it's champions and bigger PPV draws. Funny how quickly the UG forgets the hell Zuffa put Randy Couture through.

when has zuffa sued a fighter over matching rights?  when has a fighter ever said zuffa didnt match the offer and just suing him to keep him on the sidelines?

Couture owed zuffa 2 fights... zuffa offered him fights so he could fulfill his contract. randy didnt want to fulfill his contract.

Eddie fulfilled his contract.  he fulfilled his fights and submitted UFC's offer so they could match it.  Alvarez is even saying he'd sign with bellator if they really match.

They had no intention of matching it... they just want to keep him from working as punishment.

Bjorn Rebney and Sam Caplan are the biggest scum bags in MMA and need to be driven out.

Thank you.

TeamRenzo is obviously one of those "dinner is dinner" types.

You don't think Zuffa has the EXACT same clause in their contract? I bet you dollars to donuts they do. They only reason they don't use it is because they are the Top Dog now. There's no Affliction FC willing to pay the Tim Sylvia's of the world $800,000 a fight.

zuffa has the same clause... they had the right to match the arlovski offer... they could have sent arlovski a bogus matching offer while keeping him on the sidelines in a legal battle for a year to fuck with him and affliction.

They didnt that. they've never done the shit bellator has.  they were 40 million in the hole, never once have they signed a guy, kept him on the bench, rleased him without ever giving him a fight and then sued him after he went to win some fights outside of the UFC (tyson Nam)

bellashit mma has done this to tyson nam, jonathan brookins, etc... 

You may not agree but I think what they did to Randy was just as bad. You say Randy had 2 fights remaining, and you are probably right...but I thought the situation with randy involved the "perpetual champion clause", something about not being able to leave the organization with the belt. Randy had 2 fights yes, but they knew he wanted to go to Affliction to fight Fedor so they withheld the last 2 fights on his contract to fuck him over and keep him from signing with any other org.

Sleazy, underhanded bullshit, same kinda shit as Bellator is pulling now.
1/8/13 6:54 AM
MMALOGIC

^ I dont agree at all.  They offered randy a fight with Big Nog and Randy didnt want it.  He wanted to just leave and not fulfill the remaining fights on his contract.  That is a completely different situation.

As far as the "champions clause" as much as it's been talked about, zuffa has never excercised it.

1/8/13 6:55 AM
MMALOGIC

Enemies - 
MMALOGIC - 

Boycott bellator.  Boycott Spike.

I heard you're not a real MMA fan if you don't watch Bellator or Spike TV.

yes, and people arent real football fans if they dont watch the CFL.

1/8/13 10:00 AM
crumbs

Phil Cornelius - THERE NEEDS TO BE A FIGHTERS UNION!!!!......Randy get it started!!!

I love to hear how you think a union would help, not calling you out or anything, but just interested in how you think it would help , or if it's even possible.

The average contract of non top ten fighters per div is like 3 fights, unions dues even worth it? Even in eddies case, would bellator have it's own fighters union and UFC there own union ? Or one union for all fighters across all organizations?

1/8/13 10:13 AM
Wade5000
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

WOW!!!
1/8/13 10:19 AM
Trollgrude11
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Idk much about the legal aspect of contracts and stuff but does he have to accept bellator a match? Couldn't he just say no anyways? Or could the UFC just counter offer again? Idk why he has to accept the technical match. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.