UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Rousey agreed to six, not eight, fight contract

1/7/13 5:31 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1027 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

On a day in which both UFC president Dana White and Ronda Rousey's manager Darin Harvey are busily refuting a recent report about Ronda Rousey's new contract, SI.com has learned of another misreported fact.

While White and Harvey are denying that Rousey has agreed to $75,000 per fight and a $75,000 win bonus in her contract, SI.com has learned from a source close to the negotiations that Rousey has signed on to fight six bouts instead of the initially reported eight.

Rousey's team wanted the shorter deal, the source says, because her camp believes her celebrity — and thus, earning power —will skyrocket with each win. The greater her popularity, the more leverage Rousey will have to command more money. The shorter contract will allow her to renegotiate and cash in more quickly.

read entire article...

1/7/13 5:38 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Malagant
117 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Who is she gonna keep fighting? Not many in the division. I guess plenty of rematches
1/7/13 6:52 PM
da Vinci 81
129 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I imagine if wmma in the UFC lasts until her sixth fight they'll be right. Phone Post
1/7/13 7:07 PM
DanTheWolfman
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 01/07/13 7:08 PM
vs Tate 2, 2-3 fights w McMann, Alexis Davis,

That's 4 fights+Carmouche right there

Bazler and Kedzie could also happen

Cyborg might come down and come to terms eventually
1/7/13 7:17 PM
stonepony

DanTheWolfman - vs Tate 2, 2-3 fights w McMann, Alexis Davis,

That's 4 fights+Carmouche right there

Bazler and Kedzie could also happen

Cyborg might come down and come to terms eventually

Cyborg will get over her fear of fighting without the chemical-assistance. I really doubt she's going to keep herself out of the UFC, over a few small lbs.
1/7/13 7:20 PM
32Hunter

this only matters if she's not the champ, right?

If she's champ the contract should automatically extend like the other champs .
1/7/13 8:55 PM
Mayhem13
220 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Now I aint saying she a gold digger, but she ain't messing with no 8 fight contract. Phone Post
1/7/13 8:58 PM
Letibleu
1614 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

and a loss will deflate her stock almost as fast as it went up. Hope she keeps winning.
1/7/13 9:25 PM
shaqitup
39 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Why do MMA fighters agree to long contracts?

I'm certainly not an expert, but when you're an up and comer, especially in terms of cash, wouldn't it be smarter to sign a shorter contract?

Take Jon Jones for example, in his 6th UFC fight vs Vlad he was getting 23k to show, and this is after going 4-(1), but pretty much 5-0 in terms of standing / rank.

I think by that point it was obvious he had great value to the company, and was a likely title contender/holder. He had already beaten Stephan Bonnar, and destroyed Brandon Vera and Matt Hamill, i'm sure he was worth more than 23k to the company.

Then after when he faced bader he made 70k to show, which was equaled in his title shot.

If you're an aging fighter, or already at the top, it's obvious a long contract or deal would be in your bests interests, but as an up and comer, or new to the company it doesn't make any sense to me.
1/7/13 9:34 PM
shin2chin
115 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

shaqitup - Why do MMA fighters agree to long contracts?

I'm certainly not an expert, but when you're an up and comer, especially in terms of cash, wouldn't it be smarter to sign a shorter contract?

Take Jon Jones for example, in his 6th UFC fight vs Vlad he was getting 23k to show, and this is after going 4-(1), but pretty much 5-0 in terms of standing / rank.

I think by that point it was obvious he had great value to the company, and was a likely title contender/holder. He had already beaten Stephan Bonnar, and destroyed Brandon Vera and Matt Hamill, i'm sure he was worth more than 23k to the company.

Then after when he faced bader he made 70k to show, which was equaled in his title shot.

If you're an aging fighter, or already at the top, it's obvious a long contract or deal would be in your bests interests, but as an up and comer, or new to the company it doesn't make any sense to me.

It's the added security I suppose.
1/8/13 3:54 PM
chaplinshouse
703 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i really want one of her fights to be vs a guy.  call it exhibition if u want. 

1/8/13 8:27 PM
DanTheWolfman

Ronda vs Cruz or vs Faber would be awesome I must agree and think she has a 50% chance or better

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.