UnderGround Forums

Pro Wrestling Ground >> Monday Night Raw

1/8/13 9:56 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Smokemonster
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_OBEY -
livewirecs - I like punk but Rock wins rd 1. Phone Post
Da fuck? punk outclassed rock on the mic last night Phone Post
Yea but there's no way he can outclass him in the ring Phone Post
1/8/13 10:05 AM
Blott Scevins
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

livewirecs - Punk hardly even went at the rock. Most of his "pipe bomb" was aimed at the shoot style crowd and towards the crowd.

Rick came out and went at punk. In promo land, when it's wrestler a vs wrestler b and you're trying to sell me on who is better, pass on cheap heating me by telling ME how your better than ME and go after you opponent and tell me why you are better than him.

Using that criteria. Rock wins. Phone Post
There is no criteria. Nerd. Phone Post
1/8/13 10:05 AM
Teenage mutant lesnar turtle
512 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 01/08/13 11:03 AM

Every time Cena gets the mic he tries to get cheers by namechecking other wrestlers lol.

"Hows everyone doing? well how bout the TLC match between Punk and Ryback and the return of the most electrifying man in sports entertainment tonight?"

Its so weird and pathetic.

1/8/13 11:02 AM
CryLikeAGirl
119 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

1/8/13 11:04 AM
RML
150 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sofa King Cool -  When the lights went out during the TLC match, I was really hoping The Undertaker would come out. Phone Post

I jumped out of my seat because it's exactly what I thought was happening.  Makes sense.  Let Ryback have taker which keeps him out of the title picture which means he can get back to actually winning matches.  Plus it would be the first time in a while smarks think Taker could lose because the internet knows the big boner McMahon has for Ryback.  Oh well.

1/8/13 11:49 AM
triso
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tuned in hoping for real change in the product and saw the same old shit.

Only thing that was redeeming was Punk's work/shoot and Rock making an appearance.

It's going to suck if Punk loses the title to the Rock. He should keep it another damn year tbh.

1/8/13 12:32 PM
RML
150 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

As far as Rock vs Punk.. even Kymart can predict the outcome of that match.  They won't bring the Rock in to lose.  

1/8/13 1:09 PM
MyUnclesCreepy
813 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I thought the promo between punk and rock was awesome. Both guys mic skills too notch

Punk vs Rock rumble should be sweet! Phone Post
1/8/13 1:11 PM
RML

I would book it to have punk beat the rock.. then have the rock as a surprise entrance in the Rumble and win.  Then you setup Rock for the title at mania.

1/8/13 1:55 PM
mark22
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Punk is still the best act in the company and should stay champ. To have it this long and not be stale is a great achievement. Phone Post
1/8/13 1:58 PM
Teenage mutant lesnar turtle
512 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

mark22 -  Punk is still the best act in the company and should stay champ. To have it this long and not be stale is a great achievement. Phone Post

I like Punk a lot but I dunno man, I think his title run IS kinda getting a bit stale now. I think someone new winning it (as long as it isnt Cena) would be a good thing at this point.

1/8/13 2:22 PM
vengence
37 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

punk had a greast direction when the promo started, but then pandered to a script with the "losers, better than you" chirps at the crowd.

it felt manufactured at that point.

he needs to stick to the promo direction of blasting management, creative, the system, etc..

be the heel that captivated us in Vegas with the promo that pulled back the veil.

be anti establishment. be the new age SCSA but the indy version.
DGAF mentality.
1/8/13 2:25 PM
Smokemonster
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

RML -

As far as Rock vs Punk.. even Kymart can predict the outcome of that match.  They won't bring the Rock in to lose.  

They should have him lose at rumble to punk, that would make wrestlemania all the better Phone Post
1/8/13 3:12 PM
mark22
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

vengence - punk had a greast direction when the promo started, but then pandered to a script with the "losers, better than you" chirps at the crowd.

it felt manufactured at that point.

he needs to stick to the promo direction of blasting management, creative, the system, etc..

be the heel that captivated us in Vegas with the promo that pulled back the veil.

be anti establishment. be the new age SCSA but the indy version.
DGAF mentality.
He had to do something so that the people would be behind the rock. If he went full on Vegas then he'd be cheered the whole time. Plus him going after the "people" helps with rocks "people's champ" thing. Phone Post
1/8/13 4:28 PM
Barry_BondsMVP
894 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

how long can the pipe bomb gimmic last though? His info may be new to people that don't follow the dirt sheets, but to guys like us on here, hardcore net fans, it's nothing really shocking or new.

1/8/13 4:39 PM
batman32314
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think it has more to do with punk talking the truth and not doing the same old corny shtick over and over. But I guess you can say that this kind of promo is his shtick. Phone Post
1/8/13 4:45 PM
vengence
37 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

^^

i get that. however he could have kept the "you wont win" focus rather than calling the crowd losers for cheap heat.

play the villian while keeping the tweeners on the fence. builds the tension for the match up.
1/8/13 4:46 PM
vengence

Barry_BondsMVP - 

how long can the pipe bomb gimmic last though? His info may be new to people that don't follow the dirt sheets, but to guys like us on here, hardcore net fans, it's nothing really shocking or new.

thats been in use since his indy days though.

i see no end in sight
1/8/13 5:02 PM
Barry_BondsMVP
894 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I can see that getting dull as well is all.

1/8/13 5:47 PM
BillyRayChubbs
662 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What CM PUNK thinks his mic skills are like:

What CM Punk's mic skills are at this point in his career.

1/9/13 8:29 AM
livewirecs
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Blott Scevins -
livewirecs - Punk hardly even went at the rock. Most of his "pipe bomb" was aimed at the shoot style crowd and towards the crowd.

Rick came out and went at punk. In promo land, when it's wrestler a vs wrestler b and you're trying to sell me on who is better, pass on cheap heating me by telling ME how your better than ME and go after you opponent and tell me why you are better than him.

Using that criteria. Rock wins. Phone Post
There is no criteria. Nerd. Phone Post
Actually there is a criteria. It's not open mic night. The criteria is to sell this match. Otherwise they go out and read the bible for 20 mins with their tv time if they wanted. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.