UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> USTREAM pres apologizes for Invicta PPV debacle

1/7/13 7:10 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1107 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

Invicta FCs' first-ever online pay-per-view offering was marred by technical difficulties, but Ustream CEO Brad Hunstable wants to make it perfectly clear the all-female MMA promotion was not to blame.

"First off, let me just say how apologetic and sorry we are for what happened for the fans," Hunstable today told MMAjunkie.com Radio. "I'm a big MMA fan. I've been in the community for years, and I don't like it when any of our broadcasters have issues, let alone a sport that I love and am passionate about. I take it especially serious, especially in this case.

"Unfortunately what happened was – and the issue was on Ustream's end, it was not on Invicta's end – was that believe it or not, our payment system, which is in sort of a beta program at the moment, got overloaded."

"There were too many tickets being sold. We've done lots of pay-per-views over the last year, from the UFC to the Rugby World Cup to working with World Cup-qualifying soccer matches. The load of tickets being sold, we just hadn't seen a level of that to date, and that's ultimately what happened.

"I've seen the data myself. It's pretty clear that this was the most popular pay-per-view that we've seen on Ustream."

Read entire interview...

Invicta FC co-founder Janet L. Martin recently released a statement via Facebook offering all fans a full refund on their purchase, despite a fanbase to fanatic that many of them wanted to pay regardless of how much of the show they got to see.

Ustream will be making refunds to everyone who purchased a PPV ticket for Invicta FC. We appreciate the support and willingness by many to forgo the refund, but we feel that a full refund for everyone is the fair thing to do in this case. The event was a success in so many ways our fighters gave great athletic performances and our fans were watching and cheering them on! We want to show that our athletes and fans are number one priority, the refunds should post your credit card accounts within 48-72 hours. We look forward to hosting another great event Invicta FC 5 coming up in April, we hope to earn your continued support.

Read entire Facebook...

1/7/13 7:12 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Lahzerous
268 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In before ShoeMoney.

1/7/13 7:20 PM
UGCTT_THE Kevin Chandler
167 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lahzerous - 

In before ShoeMoney.

lmfao, I came in to make sure someone posted this.

Yeah, Invicta buys shut down Ustream's beta ppv site?  I think they're doing just fine.

Does anyone know if UStream is eating the refunds?  I would imagine they are but saw my refund and wanted to make sure Invicta was still getting the money and UStream was paying me back for fucking up the stream.

1/7/13 7:22 PM
jasonhightower
174 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Interesting... I'd love to know how many hits they had vs their systems load testing.

Hope they make it right with Invicta. Phone Post
1/7/13 7:42 PM
Pat Giles
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I call complete bullshit. Phone Post
1/7/13 7:46 PM
BENDOver 209 Top Team #2
261 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lahzerous - 

In before ShoeMoney.

LOL....that gets you a VU

1/7/13 7:54 PM
the geek
112 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lahzerous -

In before ShoeMoney.

Haha Phone Post
1/7/13 8:07 PM
mclay
58 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hmm? Phone Post
1/7/13 8:23 PM
Krs10KO.com
348 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Just got this email.

1/7/13 8:36 PM
bcolflesh
92 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"I've seen the data myself. It's pretty clear that this was the most popular pay-per-view that we've seen on Ustream."

Braces self for hilarious rage postings to come.
1/7/13 9:01 PM
Authority Figure
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 01/07/13 9:06 PM

Invicta - 4, Shoemoney - 0 

Can't express how utterly satisified I feel right now. The CEO of one of the most competent streaming services in America, that routinely hosts stream for major celebrities, just said "oh Invicta just crushed our shit. and they the bestr eva homie." 

I'm down 'wit Invicta till the wheels fall off.  No professional spammer can change my opinion on this one. 

1/7/13 9:05 PM
mmaattorney
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rad Phone Post
1/7/13 9:11 PM
shaqitup
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Why are you people pretending they actually had big numbers?

He didn't say the range in which the numbers were at, so it's impossible to gauge.

"There were too many tickets being sold. We've done lots of pay-per-views over the last year, from the UFC to the Rugby World Cup to working with World Cup-qualifying soccer matches."

So their buys beat out rugby world cup, and qualifying matches for the world cup? That shit's on tv son, who the fuck is going to pay for those streams.

Unless actual number estimates are released, we can't determine whether it would have been successful.
1/7/13 9:19 PM
Authority Figure

Edited: 01/07/13 9:19 PM

The day before the PPV they had a little under 1900 total  views. During the event, that number rose to over 100,000 I think. UStream counts unique views. Not page views. They use IP addresses and cookies. Now you do the math.

Some of you want Invicta to fail so bad it's sad. Or maybe you're just negative people. Or maybe you don't like women. Or maybe you just need a hug. Whatever the case, the CEO of a company doesn't take blame publicly, then lie about how popular a stream was as there is no upside for him. 

Let's all show Shannon some love. She's a part of the MMA community. Let's push her up, not knock her down.

She doesn't show up at your job insinuating you pushed half as many shopping carts to the front of the store as you claimed, now does she? lol j/k

1/7/13 9:24 PM
jasonhightower
174 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Authority Figure -

The day before the PPV they had a little under 1900 total  views. During the event, that number rose to over 100,000 I think. UStream counts unique views. Not page views. They use IP addresses and cookies. Now you do the math.

Some of you want Invicta to fail so bad it's sad. Or maybe you're just negative people. Or maybe you don't like women. Or maybe you just need a hug. Whatever the case, the CEO of a company doesn't take blame publicly, then lie about how popular a stream was as there is no upside for him. 

Let's all show Shannon some love. She's a part of the MMA community. Let's push her up, not knock her down.

She doesn't show up at your job insinuating you pushed half as many shopping carts to the front of the store as you claimed, now does she? lol j/k

BOOM!!! Phone Post
1/7/13 9:37 PM
GunnarWreckedMyAssHAOLE

Authority Figure - 

why cant you defend them without insulting people?

speaks volumes, lol

1/7/13 11:19 PM
Authority Figure

j/k means just kidding?

As far Shoemoney is concerned, he's gone out of his way repeatedly to be disparaging towards Invicta. So, I won't apologize for any jokes - or truth - that are directed towards him.

1/7/13 11:26 PM
HandyDarsh
141 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ryann Von Doom -
bcolflesh - "I've seen the data myself. It's pretty clear that this was the most popular pay-per-view that we've seen on Ustream."

Braces self for hilarious rage postings to come.
This. Phone Post
Hahah RIIIIIIIIIIGGGHHHHHTTTT Phone Post
1/8/13 9:01 AM
Authority Figure

Frank Gallagher -  Who buys ufc, boxing or wwe ppvs on ustream? Phone Post

Who over 22 yrs old owns an XBox then uses it to watch a UFC PPV? 

Wait. Nevermind...lol

1/8/13 9:17 AM
UGCTT_stuffadamdoes
57 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Authority Figure -

Wait. Nevermind...lol

I'm 28, married with 2 kids and work full-time. I have bought most of mine lately on XBox and have no complaints. Also, I don't have cable. Phone Post
1/8/13 11:41 AM
the geek
112 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Authority Figure -

Wait. Nevermind...lol

Hahaha Phone Post
1/8/13 11:45 AM
sunnyKO'd my SN
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Authority Figure -

Invicta - 4, Shoemoney - 0 

Can't express how utterly satisified I feel right now. The CEO of one of the most competent streaming services in America, that routinely hosts stream for major celebrities, just said "oh Invicta just crushed our shit. and they the bestr eva homie." 

I'm down 'wit Invicta till the wheels fall off.  No professional spammer can change my opinion on this one. 

Lmao!!! Phone Post
1/8/13 4:00 PM
the geek

Ryann Von Doom - Ttt for shannon the server destroyer knapp Phone Post
Hahaha Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.