UnderGround Forums

BJJGround Forum >> Stuck in small town and need BJJ!

1/7/13 7:16 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
FanToFighter
172 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I am stuck in a small town and am without any BJJ. Circumstances are lining against me. I'm here living in camper for work so can't practice at home. I've scoured the Internet and I would have to travel 120 miles to find a BJJ gym or someone interested. Local gym forbids any martial arts... So what would be your guys best tips for keeping fresh while all alone? Phone Post
1/7/13 7:29 PM
biggator
32 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

https://www.gracieuniversity.com/ they have a section where you can find people in your area that are training or want training partners. check it out.
1/7/13 8:06 PM
PayItForward
115 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

any judo?
boxing?

what town?
1/7/13 8:06 PM
PayItForward
115 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

role up to the local high school and check w/ the wrestling coach to see if you can be part of practices or if there are any clubs?
1/7/13 8:19 PM
FanToFighter
172 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

biggator - https://www.gracieuniversity.com/ they have a section where you can find people in your area that are training or want training partners. check it out.
Checked believe it or not. Saw two people and looked em up on Facebook and they moved away. :( Phone Post
1/7/13 8:21 PM
FanToFighter

PayItForward - any judo?
boxing?

what town?
Small karate dojo but it is down for winter, sensei go's to Japan for winter. Small mining town. Phone Post
1/7/13 8:27 PM
FanToFighter

PayItForward - role up to the local high school and check w/ the wrestling coach to see if you can be part of practices or if there are any clubs?
Have to go through background check and complete a class to be around the children. Next class until Feb. 20th. Plus that the coach isn't interested in private grappling. He let me watch a practice and he just has the kids do conditioning and doesn't really know much. Looks like he got pulled into coaching job. Huge fat guy. Phone Post
1/7/13 8:30 PM
PayItForward

^ everybody not a student needs teh background check. it's no big deal.

"just do conditioning"... broseph, wrestling is the shit.
1/7/13 9:08 PM
FanToFighter

Well thanks for the ideas. I do believe I'm stuck with YouTube and working out Phone Post
1/7/13 9:09 PM
alittleknowledge
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Get some mats and rent a church basement or community hall for a few hours a week. Put ad in local paper and throw up some flyers saying "drifter seeking local men to meet in church basement and wrestle to submission".

You might be surprised who will come out of the woodwork.
1/7/13 9:28 PM
FanToFighter

alittleknowledge - Get some mats and rent a church basement or community hall for a few hours a week. Put ad in local paper and throw up some flyers saying "drifter seeking local men to meet in church basement and wrestle to submission".

That is pure genius Phone Post
1/10/13 6:21 PM
Braxmax
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I feel like this entire thread exists for ^ that response Phone Post
1/10/13 6:36 PM
FanToFighter

Can't fight fate Phone Post
1/11/13 5:03 AM
shen
499 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 01/11/13 5:05 AM

Sorry, I don't have any advice about training when you're alone other than reading books watching DVDs, etc. But motivated people training from tapes in a garage will definitely get better than unmotivated people training with a black belt instructor.
1/11/13 11:20 PM
ZzFDKzZ
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

alittleknowledge - Get some mats and rent a church basement or community hall for a few hours a week. Put ad in local paper and throw up some flyers saying "drifter seeking local men to meet in church basement and wrestle to submission".

Lmao! Phone Post
1/12/13 2:00 PM
FanToFighter

shen -
Sorry, I don't have any advice about training when you're alone other than reading books watching DVDs, etc. But motivated people training from tapes in a garage will definitely get better than unmotivated people training with a black belt instructor.
So very true Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.