UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Can the UG help with this?

[ 1 ] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
1/7/13 8:48 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
gokudamus stole my name III
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If nobody can help, I understand. I wish I could help more but the economy sucks and... I NEED A JOB!

Here's the deal. A friend of mine (trains with me) lost his job on Friday. He didn't have the best job but used every cent to support his family and is a good father. He has a 12 year old son who was dying to have some sort of ipad/tablet thing (I think it was something android) for Christmas. Jon saved and got him one which was his only gift. Sunday (yesterday) somebody broke in to their house and stole most of their electronics (they took a blu-ray player but left the tv which makes no sense to me but whatever). He doesn't care about most of it. Nobody was home so nobody was hurt or anything but his some is of course upset that his only gift is now gone. He trains for free by helping out around the gym but of course is looking for a job. He doesn't know I am posting this but if anyone can help out any. He is just upset that his son is upset and he can't really do anything about it now. I really don't have much to help with since I am not working but was really hoping someone may have an old tablet or something they no longer use or need. If not, it's ok but I figured I would ask. I always try to help out others when and if I can, especially someone I know would help a total stranger.

If anyone wants to post some hot ring girl pics to spice up this thread, feel free and thanks.

1/7/13 8:52 PM

figured i'd go old school...

I HOPE you guys remember her!

1/7/13 8:58 PM

let me clarify, I'm not really asking for people to donate $. I guess I could ask people if they can afford it to donate like $1 and I could buy the kid what was stolen but I think it'd be better if someone just has something they don't use. If that doesn't work, maybe Ill then ask if anyone can afford to donate a dollar and if that doesn't work, at least I tried to help someone out.

Anyways, I hope everyone has a good night.

1/7/13 9:03 PM
Kostakio
443 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't have any tablets but I have money. I'll mail you the cash though. I don't do that PayPal stuff. Sorry. Phone Post
1/7/13 9:04 PM
Letibleu
1619 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 01/07/13 9:04 PM
that butterfly rings a bell.

Hard times suck, especially after the holidays like this. I know tablets are the hot item right now but a laptop might be an easier replacement to find for the time being until shit straightens out.
1/7/13 9:06 PM

Kostakio -  I don't have any tablets but I have money. I'll mail you the cash though. I don't do that PayPal stuff. Sorry. Phone Post

Kostakio,

that is very cool of you man. Yeah, I have paypal but they take $ out etc.

Only do this if it's something you can afford to do though and don't send more than you can afford. I looked up tablets and it looks like I could get him something for like $150. It may not be exactly what he had but he'd be happy with anything.

what's your email?

1/7/13 9:07 PM

Letibleu - that butterfly rings a bell.

Hard times suck, especially after the holidays like this. I know tablets are the hot item right now but a laptop might be an easier replacement to find for the time being until shit straightens out.

Dude, bad luck hits all at once doesn't it? I know personally it sucks losing your job but then to have your house broken in to right after? Damn

1/7/13 9:08 PM

gokudamus stole my name III - 
Kostakio -  I don't have any tablets but I have money. I'll mail you the cash though. I don't do that PayPal stuff. Sorry. Phone Post

Kostakio,

that is very cool of you man. Yeah, I have paypal but they take $ out etc.

Only do this if it's something you can afford to do though and don't send more than you can afford. I looked up tablets and it looks like I could get him something for like $150. It may not be exactly what he had but he'd be happy with anything.

what's your email?

btw. I have $50 I am putting towards this. I WISH I had enough just to replace what was taken but not working and bills piling up, I can't afford to help more.

1/7/13 9:16 PM
Letibleu
1619 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 01/07/13 9:16 PM
Nobody got hurt, like you said that number one but that shit just deflates the morale. Nothing sucks more than seeing your kid have a sad.

The reason I mentioned laptop is I just helped out friends with their daughter over the holidays. She wanted a tablet real bad cause all her friends had one. They really couldn't afford it, the wife was laid off mid December. I got my hands on a decent laptop for them the daughter loves it. It can do more than her friends tablets so she is happy. I put a post on Freecycle. A bunch of people got new ones over the holidays and they put the old ones up or are willing to part with them when they read about someone having hard times.

I don't know where you live but check out if you have Freecycle near your place. Its good for other stuff too.

http://www.freecycle.org/
1/7/13 9:16 PM

yeah i know i am posting pics of the same girl but back in the day i had a thing for her...

1/7/13 9:26 PM

1/7/13 9:34 PM

Edited: 01/07/13 9:45 PM

I have to log off for a little while. I will leave you with another pic though ;-)

anyone interested and able to help out, email me: waystomessup@gmail.com

I understand if people can't help and would never want someone to help when they couldn't afford to do so but if you are reading this, please TTT.

Thanks again UG!

1/7/13 9:46 PM
UGCTT_El Pescadero
2361 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In to donate a little coin if it comes to that.

Fucking Filthy ass Thieves... I hate your face! Phone Post
1/7/13 10:15 PM

UGCTT_El Pescadero -  In to donate a little coin if it comes to that.

Fucking Filthy ass Thieves... I hate your face! Phone Post

UGCTT_El Pescadero,

That is very cool of you man. I sent you a PM

1/7/13 10:18 PM

and I agree.. Fucking Filthy Thieves! I don't know if it was a stranger or not but if it wasn't, anyone who would steal from a kid is a POS.

Actually anyone who would steal is a POS!

1/7/13 10:21 PM
UGCTT_Song2
702 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

gokudamus stole my name III -

and I agree.. Fucking Filthy Thieves! I don't know if it was a stranger or not but if it wasn't, anyone who would steal from a kid is a POS.

Hey im down for a few bucks, pm me the info ill help out. Fuck thieves Phone Post
1/7/13 10:28 PM

UGCTT_Song2 - 

Hey im down for a few bucks, pm me the info ill help out. Fuck thieves Phone Post

Thanks man! I sent you a PM.

1/7/13 10:39 PM

1/7/13 11:02 PM

1/7/13 11:27 PM

Thanks to those who are able to help. If anyone else wants to help, PM me.

I sent those in this thread a PM already. Have to go to sleep but I'll check email and PM's in the morning.

waystomessup@gmail.com

1/7/13 11:48 PM
Anderson P Sonnen
680 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'll donate a few bucks. Pm me your info n I'll see what I can do. I have PayPal ....pal Phone Post
1/8/13 3:39 AM
Anderson P Sonnen
680 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TTT Phone Post
1/8/13 7:52 AM

Anderson P Sonnen, check PM

1/8/13 8:02 AM
CindyO

gokudamus stole my name III - 

Looks like she's getting ready to shoot up.

Cindy

1/8/13 8:09 AM
Anderson P Sonnen

Anderson P Sonnen, check PM

Computer will be up and running today brotha.

I'll show you the money, but first......where's the stuff? You show me the stuff first, THEN I'll show you the money :) Phone Post
[ 1 ] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.