UnderGround Forums

Pro Wrestling Ground >> Had Sting made it to WWF(e)

1/7/13 9:17 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
GSP24
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Do you think he would have been huge? I always wanted to see feuds with him against Undertaker, Stone Cold, Mankind, Rock, Triple H...

VKM would have made Sting a rich man had he been there in the attitude era. Phone Post
1/7/13 9:55 PM
jujitsujamo

I was always amazed they didnt pick him up early like they did Ultimate Warrior. Phone Post
1/7/13 10:27 PM
Galanis
484 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Of course he would have been, he by far the most popular wrestler at a time in 96-97. Before that he was always huge, and even after. I have not kept up with wrestling since around 01, and have not bothered to watch much TNA stuff. It seems he is phoning it in these days. I have seen clips of that joker gimmick and it's like a bad joke. I have to say, if he did end up going to the WWE and doing the always rumored Taker feud, I would watch again for sure though.

1/7/13 11:22 PM
The Destroyer88

Chances are he would've been buried because he wasn't a product of Vinces' like Austin, Rock, Taker, Angle, HHH, Mankind, HBK, and so many others were.

Not many WCW stars came over and made a name for themselves. Even Goldbergs WWE run was disappointing. DDP deserved better. Booker T was probably the only guy I could recall that was WCW for years and had great success in the WWE. Not counting Eddie and Chris. Well I guess there's a few like Eddie, Benoit, Jericho but they weren't major stars in WCW in the least bit.
1/7/13 11:23 PM
Sofa King Cool
236 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

They would have buried him. Phone Post
1/7/13 11:33 PM
Wiggy
143 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

^what they said.
1/8/13 4:48 AM
nipperusa
55 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The guy above said it. Benoit, jericho, guerro. If guys are over and play by vinces rules then they will be pushed. Sting wouldve done very well imo. Vince pushed many guys with different backgrounds. Rvd got pushed pretty well. Phone Post
1/8/13 9:56 AM
The Destroyer88

I don't really count Benoit, Jericho, and Eddie as WCW guys though. They were there for a few years but split before WCW started sinking and then went on to midcard in the WWE for years. It's not like they came in and got huge pushes.

RVD on the other hand was arguably the most over wrestler in the WWE at the time. They didn't want to put the belt on him, they pretty much had to. Him being over plus the fact that Rock and Austin were gone forced their hand. They were looking for any reason to get the titles off of him and when he got busted for pot they ended his run just like that.
1/8/13 10:39 AM
JJitsu
223 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If he had done his old school blonde hair gimmick he would've been over on a Jon Cena/ Hulkster type level. Doing his lame ass crow gimmick he gets jobbed to Taker Rock, Austin and anyone else they wanna make look better then WCW rasslin. Phone Post
1/8/13 12:07 PM
GSP24

I think Sting could have had a dark fued with Taker. Casket match. Oh yeah!! Phone Post
1/8/13 3:36 PM
Shanks
52 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

At that time, I think they would have mishandled him like they did Vader. He wins squash matches, then becomes a jobber to the stars. Phone Post
1/8/13 4:39 PM
Beezulbubba
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Naw, Sting was already a legend by that point. They didn't bury people like Flair and Steamboat. Plus Vince was able to turn stuff up several notches for guys like Rhodes, Callous, and Austin. Sting was already an actual franchise in WCW, mover of merchandise, and an icon.

He would have been as big to the WWE as Hogan joining the NWO was to WCW.
1/8/13 4:49 PM
Violentguy
41 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'd still like to see Sting sign a legends contract and appear on special occasions. Not too crazy about a full time run Phone Post
1/8/13 9:28 PM
GSP24

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktxW0vidElE Phone Post
1/9/13 5:50 PM
RoyMunson
84 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GSP24 -  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktxW0vidElE Phone Post

^

1/9/13 6:56 PM
ArtMinaj

If he came in after the WCW purchase when others did, he likely would have done OK. 

The idea of him vs. Taker would have been cool, but would the guy who was afraid to have his feelings hurt by The Rock be willing to come in and job?

He seems like a great person and all, but I am not of fan of his at all.  Never have been.

1/9/13 7:09 PM
GSP24

I've never been a big fan of Sting and that was due to the Monday Night Wars. I was on team WWF. LOL. But Stings dark character had potential to do big things with VKM. It's too bad it never happened. Phone Post
1/10/13 3:58 PM
bruddahoodaman
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Would have been similar to hart going to wcw Phone Post
1/10/13 7:34 PM
Slydawg

A few of these guys were originally developed by Paul H in the ECW. Not WCW

What about Rey M? Phone Post
1/10/13 10:20 PM
MyUnclesCreepy
767 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sting has always liked being the big fish in a small pond. Phone Post
1/11/13 2:00 AM
Beezulbubba
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Slydawg -  A few of these guys were originally developed by Paul H in the ECW. Not WCW

What about Rey M? Phone Post

yeah, including Stone Cold's persona...
1/11/13 3:56 PM
DrewB
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I would have loved to see it since I am a big Sting fan, but only done in a good way which I doubt would have happened. I just don't see how Sting's face paint and gimmick would have transitioned to WWF/E. And I really don't know what you could do to re-package him since he was such a huge part of WCW with his face paint and all
1/12/13 1:29 PM
TSMontana
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He would have jobbed to UT...but, then again, who wouldn't have.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.