UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> I liked watching Fedor fight

1/8/13 10:42 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Anderson P Sonnen
689 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

shaqitup -
Fedoral Crime -  Fedor is the greatest of all times . . . so far. Phone Post

The greatest of the last 15 years?

Anderson silva bro.
Yup Phone Post
1/8/13 12:50 PM
Dirk Bevlin
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Watching his downfall was heartbreaking. I could hardly believe it when he was manhandled by Brett Rogers, I thought it was a fluke.

I got together with a group of friends to watch the Werdum fight, and we were shocked. The whole room was utterly silent for several minutes while we just stared at the screen in disbelief and hung our heads.

No athlete can stay at the top of their game forever. So many folks saw the end of his career and delighted in decrying his legacy, deeming him overrated, etc.

Fucking ignorant assholes.

There will never be another fighter like Fedor. Phone Post
1/8/13 12:53 PM
Anderson P Sonnen
689 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I love HENDO, but when he knocked Fedor out.....my heart cried.

WAR "THE LAST EMPEROR" Phone Post
1/8/13 1:10 PM
Gary81
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He fought with honor and respect. He's one of the very few fighters that always showed respect to his opponents.

I never understood why so many cheered when he finally lost. Is it so hard to appreciate greatness??

I unfortunately saw the same disgusting behavior when Junior lost and was booed. Sometimes I hate people... Phone Post
1/8/13 1:18 PM
knuckleballs

Gary81 -  He fought with honor and respect. He's one of the very few fighters that always showed respect to his opponents.

I never understood why so many cheered when he finally lost. Is it so hard to appreciate greatness??

I unfortunately saw the same disgusting behavior when Junior lost and was booed. Sometimes I hate people... Phone Post

+1
1/8/13 1:19 PM
knuckleballs

Joshua J King - 
Knarkilla -
Tolstolobic - Actually ist watching pride FCC total elimination 2004, I'm wasted and I'm drinking aberlour abudadh batch 29.
Smoking some green, life is good..

Yea and

Pride never die Phone Post
Read this in Ali G voice.. Phone Post
EARMENOW!

I IS WATCHING THE TELLY DIS EVNING ENJOING A BIT OV DA NAUGHTY WAT-EIR AND AVIN A BIT OF A PIPE WHILE DAT PUDGEY RUSSIAN BLOKE FIGHT FOR DA ASIAN PRIDE CHAMPIONCHIPS,BUT HE DONE FLOOGED EVERY AZN DERE!

HE HAS EVEN MADE IT TO DA CHAMP AN FINAL BOSS,A GANGSTER ASS ASIAN BROVA SOO THUGGISH RUGGISH,DEY CALL HIM...AND I AINT FOOLIN'...BIG NIG. Phone Post

Man, this is fucking genius!

I have read this out loud three times and make myself laugh every time....
1/8/13 4:45 PM
Ice Cold Igors Right Hand

Dirk Bevlin -  Watching his downfall was heartbreaking. I could hardly believe it when he was manhandled by Brett Rogers, I thought it was a fluke.

I got together with a group of friends to watch the Werdum fight, and we were shocked. The whole room was utterly silent for several minutes while we just stared at the screen in disbelief and hung our heads.

No athlete can stay at the top of their game forever. So many folks saw the end of his career and delighted in decrying his legacy, deeming him overrated, etc.

Came here to say pretty much the same thing, voted up broski!

1/8/13 4:50 PM

Dillon70 - 
Dirk Bevlin -  Watching his downfall was heartbreaking. I could hardly believe it when he was manhandled by Brett Rogers, I thought it was a fluke.

your oppinion carries as much weight as anyone else'. that's why people hate fedor fans, because you have to be an "ignorant asshole" if you think fedor was overrated...

You know I haven't posted on here in a couple months and just been lurking because my ipod won't post on here, and i've noticed you seem to have some personal vendetta against Fedor, because you always have negative things to say. Case in point: you came into THIS thread, which is not a GOAT debate or any kind of debate on his overall career, simply a thread meant to share how much we all enjoyed and appreciated being able to watch him fight. And you come in here to try to bring the man's legacy down, why?

I think Dirk simply stated a fact, and judging by your random behavior, i'd say "ignorant asshole" was right on the money.

Bring on the vote downs.

1/8/13 4:57 PM

FatLoser - for me Pride was mma

Ufc is ufc is as close as we can get.

Agreed, to me its like this:

Pride = MMA, a full-contact combatative sport where FIGHTERS thrive and they fight for honor and to put food on the table and to survive. This is a sport of heart and will.

UFC = MMA, a full-contact combatative sport where ATHLETES thrive and they fight to win and for fame and to pay off their thrid car payment. This is a sport of careful tactics and gameplans.

I still love the sport as a whole, but I miss the old days when everyone was a FIGHTER and they went out there and stood in the fire; the Nog's, Fedor's, Wandy's of the sport. Now its more about winning no matter what, even if that means grapple-fucking them or 'anti-fighting' and winning on points instead of trying to actually DEFEAT your opponent.

You didn't defeat him if he thinks he won the decision and is ready to go another 3 rounds.

1/8/13 5:05 PM
truthisalive
48 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 01/08/13 5:18 PM
There was always something different about Fedor. There was something in the way he won and lost that really separates himself from all the other fighters. He was very human and his persona was who he really is in private. He fought with all of his might and always tried to finish his opponent. He cared little for their strengths and went full speed every second of the fight. He didnt fight conservatively to maintain the glory he received for being a winning fighter, he just fought like a machine. He respected all of his opponents and never talk negative about them. Fighting is not entertainment it is fighting. We as true martial artist watch to learn and observe ancient technique developed for warfare in a controlled manner because we are now a global civilized world community. Fedor a modern samurai in the truest sense because money didnt motivate him but the experience of life motivated him and The Lord God motivated him. He hated the spotlight because it is a form of worship and idolatry to him and this is forbidden because to him and to many Jesus is God and reigns forever. There where many times where in his mind he would come out to the ring praying and glorifying God as everyone chanted his name he chanted Jesus name in his heart. Trust me he has a deep peace now that he is retired.<br />
1/8/13 5:15 PM
MuchRespec'
49 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ice Cold Igors Right Hand - 

Pride = MMA, a full-contact combatative sport where FIGHTERS thrive and they fight for honor and to put food on the table and to survive. This is a sport of heart and will.

UFC = MMA, a full-contact combatative sport where ATHLETES thrive and they fight to win and for fame and to pay off their thrid car payment. This is a sport of careful tactics and gameplans.

I still love the sport as a whole, but I miss the old days when everyone was a FIGHTER and they went out there and stood in the fire; the Nog's, Fedor's, Wandy's of the sport. Now its more about winning no matter what, even if that means grapple-fucking them or 'anti-fighting' and winning on points instead of trying to actually DEFEAT your opponent.

You didn't defeat him if he thinks he won the decision and is ready to go another 3 rounds.

Well said, VTFU.
1/8/13 6:25 PM
Attila
39 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I liked watching Mike Tyson fight. Did you?
1/8/13 7:43 PM
Aleck911
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Attila - I liked watching Mike Tyson fight. Did you?
Fuck yeah I did Phone Post
1/8/13 7:48 PM
Barry_BondsMVP
850 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sal Penis - 

MMA died when Fedor retired.

1/8/13 7:54 PM
Neil Funk

Fedor is the greatest fighter of all time. Better than Anderson Silva.

Fedor fought tougher opponents. Fedor had an aura about him that not a single fighter under the UFC banner can match.
1/9/13 4:27 AM
Dirk Bevlin
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

And you gotta hand it to him, even when he tapped he was cool as hell.

He didn't go all panicky tap!tap!tap!tap!tap!

Not Fedor.

Just one, hesitant, deliberate...tap. Phone Post
1/9/13 12:28 PM
Tolstolobic

Joshua J King -
Knarkilla -
Tolstolobic - Actually ist watching pride FCC total elimination 2004, I'm wasted and I'm drinking aberlour abudadh batch 29.
Smoking some green, life is good..

Yea and

Pride never die Phone Post
Read this in Ali G voice.. Phone Post
EARMENOW!

I IS WATCHING THE TELLY DIS EVNING ENJOING A BIT OV DA NAUGHTY WAT-EIR AND AVIN A BIT OF A PIPE WHILE DAT PUDGEY RUSSIAN BLOKE FIGHT FOR DA ASIAN PRIDE CHAMPIONCHIPS,BUT HE DONE FLOOGED EVERY AZN DERE!

HE HAS EVEN MADE IT TO DA CHAMP AN FINAL BOSS,A GANGSTER ASS ASIAN BROVA SOO THUGGISH RUGGISH,DEY CALL HIM...AND I AINT FOOLIN'...BIG NIG. Phone Post
LMAO..
U guys is awesome! Phone Post
1/10/13 1:05 PM
disbeliever
395 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Moderator
Dillon70 - 
Dirk Bevlin -  And you gotta hand it to him, even when he tapped he was cool as hell.

He didn't go all panicky tap!tap!tap!tap!tap!

Not Fedor.

Just one, hesitant, deliberate...tap. Phone Post

actually the fact that he tapped means he was 'panicky'. see nog and tate about what being cool is all about...

So tapping one time isn't "cool" but not tapping and getting your arm snapped in half is "cool"?
1/10/13 1:09 PM
D241
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I too am curious about cool tapping and not cool tapping.

Gifs of cool tap, gifs of not cool tap please.

1/10/13 1:11 PM
Lazer MMA

D241 - 

I too am curious about cool tapping and not cool tapping.

Gifs of cool tap, gifs of not cool tap please.

LMFAO D2

That Dillon is another brutal anti-Fedor (anti- Pride troll bro).

I tap as I hit post t@
1/10/13 2:32 PM
HandsomeTopTeam
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Only NOOBS and Dana nut huggers didnt like watching Fedor fight.
1/10/13 3:00 PM
georgejonesjr
44 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fedor was definitely one of the greats. In terms of lifetime achievements, I'd put Anderson ahead of him, and GSP too, but no one else at the moment.

But in terms of pure entertainment, he's by far my favorite fighter.
1/10/13 3:02 PM
Carrtrouble
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Well lets get some fight vids in here Phone Post
1/10/13 3:15 PM
Ryan Black
497 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ice Cold Igors Right Hand -

Very well said. Would VTFU when @ a PC. Just very well put together.

It's still crazy to me, I dunno why at this point- that the mere mention of Fedor's name is enough to start a ten page debate thread.

I liked watching Fedor fight, too. And Tyson, for the record. Left me with some incredible memories, emblazoned in my brain that I'll never forget. Phone Post
1/10/13 9:51 PM
Dirk Bevlin

Let me see if I can find that gif of me tappin' your mama's ass. It wasn't cool at all, man. I looked like a crazy fool tappin' that shit.

Fuck yeah, even Fedor's tap was cool.

Notice the title of the thread, trolls. This is clearly a Fedor APPRECIATION thread. Fuck off :D Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.