UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> I liked watching Fedor fight

1/10/13 10:07 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Lazer MMA
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dirk Bevlin -  Let me see if I can find that gif of me tappin' your mama's ass. It wasn't cool at all, man. I looked like a crazy fool tappin' that shit.

Fuck yeah, even Fedor's tap was cool.

Notice the title of the thread, trolls. This is clearly a Fedor APPRECIATION thread. Fuck off :D Phone Post

I LOL'd.
1/10/13 10:19 PM
Ice Cold Igors Right Hand

Dillon70 - 
Ice Cold Igors Right Hand -
FatLoser - for me Pride was mma

Ufc is ufc is as close as we can get.

Agreed, to me its like this:

Pride = MMA, a full-contact combatative sport where FIGHTERS thrive and they fight for honor and to put food on the table and to survive. This is a sport of heart and will.

UFC = MMA, a full-contact combatative sport where ATHLETES thrive and they fight to win and for fame and to pay off their thrid car payment. This is a sport of careful tactics and gameplans.

I still love the sport as a whole, but I miss the old days when everyone was a FIGHTER and they went out there and stood in the fire; the Nog's, Fedor's, Wandy's of the sport. Now its more about winning no matter what, even if that means grapple-fucking them or 'anti-fighting' and winning on points instead of trying to actually DEFEAT your opponent.

You didn't defeat him if he thinks he won the decision and is ready to go another 3 rounds.

This is another myth. I'm sure ICECOLD will tell you the best were in pride b/c they had the most money. So which is it they were fighting for, honor or money? Also, if they were making more money why would they be "striving to put food on the table"?

Also, if these guys aren't fighters, their consequences shouldn't be as severe. But,we've seen some of the worst results from submissions in not only the UFC, but the even lesser SF women's division.

I also find it funny that the 3 fighters you mentioned took their worst beatings OUTSIDE of the pride ring... Phone Post

The only myth is your so-called 'knowledge' of martial arts. Not only did you try to put FALSE words in my mouth, most of your argument had NOTHING to do with my point; which leads me to believe you missed my point because you are most likely a poser following a fad. 

"I also find it funny that the 3 fighters you mentioned took their worst beatings OUTSIDE of the pride ring..."

What do their losses have to do with the fact that all 3 always pushed forward and fought with wreckless abandon? Because that was my point. Also, you are incorrect as I would say Wanderlei's worst defeat came by way of LHK by Cro Cop IN PRIDE.

What I FIND FUNNY is you are the only one in an APPRECIATION THREAD trying to talk shit and argue with everyone; this isn't a debate thread homie, show some respect.

You are pretty much the new Auzzie of the UG. Congrats.

1/10/13 10:20 PM
HolyHackZack
384 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I really learned of Fedor when Affliction first started flaunting him around. I went back and watched all his Pride fights knowing full well he was going to win, but that never stopped the excitement. It was like a Rocky and Bullwinkle cartoon, you knew they would get into some shit, but how was he going to get out?

That being said I'm glad I can still enjoy the landscape of MMA as it is today. Phone Post
1/11/13 12:31 AM
Dana Stern

People can have whatever opinion they want about Fedor. I get why people love him and I get why people think he fought cans. For me I just loved watching Fedor fight because he was so exciting and just went hard the whole time. Through every thing he had in every punch and pulled shit off that left u shocked. Is he the greatest ever, pound for pound best, ect? Who knows, who cares, he was great to watch and the only thing that sucked about his career was his shitty management and that we didn't get to see him go to the UFC when Pride shut down. Oh well Phone Post
1/11/13 7:03 AM
Lazer MMA

Dillon70 - 
Dillon70 - 
FatLoser - for me Pride was mma

Ufc is ufc is as close as we can get.

Agreed, to me its like this:

Pride = MMA, a full-contact combatative sport where FIGHTERS thrive and they fight for honor and to put food on the table and to survive. This is a sport of heart and will.

UFC = MMA, a full-contact combatative sport where ATHLETES thrive and they fight to win and for fame and to pay off their thrid car payment. This is a sport of careful tactics and gameplans.

I still love the sport as a whole, but I miss the old days when everyone was a FIGHTER and they went out there and stood in the fire; the Nog's, Fedor's, Wandy's of the sport. Now its more about winning no matter what, even if that means grapple-fucking them or 'anti-fighting' and winning on points instead of trying to actually DEFEAT your opponent.

You didn't defeat him if he thinks he won the decision and is ready to go another 3 rounds.

This is another myth. I'm sure ICECOLD will tell you the best were in pride b/c they had the most money. So which is it they were fighting for, honor or money? Also, if they were making more money why would they be "striving to put food on the table"?

Also, if these guys aren't fighters, their consequences shouldn't be as severe. But,we've seen some of the worst results from submissions in not only the UFC, but the even lesser SF women's division.

I also find it funny that the 3 fighters you mentioned took their worst beatings OUTSIDE of the pride ring... Phone Post

The only myth is your so-called 'knowledge' of martial arts. Not only did you try to put FALSE words in my mouth, most of your argument had NOTHING to do with my point; which leads me to believe you missed my point because you are most likely a poser following a fad. 

"I also find it funny that the 3 fighters you mentioned took their worst beatings OUTSIDE of the pride ring..."

What do their losses have to do with the fact that all 3 always pushed forward and fought with wreckless abandon? Because that was my point. Also, you are incorrect as I would say Wanderlei's worst defeat came by way of LHK by Cro Cop IN PRIDE.

What I FIND FUNNY is you are the only one in an APPRECIATION THREAD trying to talk shit and argue with everyone; this isn't a debate thread homie, show some respect.

You are pretty much the new Auzzie of the UG. Congrats.

And what about your post is an appreciation of fedor? Looks like a pride v ufc post. And what do nog and wand have to do with fedor's appreciation? Talk about someone going off topic. You're just mad b/c i called you on your bs... Phone Post

Yes the new Auzzie has arisen. his only purpose here was to troll no question.
1/11/13 9:51 AM
Lazer MMA

I said nothing to agree with or disagree with. I'm not a fan of Fedor although I've defended him like dog on this forum. My point is you've come to troll and it was told to you more than 1 time by more than 1 poster that this is a Fedor appreciation thread. Yet you continue to troll.
1/11/13 9:52 AM
Lazer MMA

Dirk Bevlin -  Let me see if I can find that gif of me tappin' your mama's ass. It wasn't cool at all, man. I looked like a crazy fool tappin' that shit.

Fuck yeah, even Fedor's tap was cool.

Notice the title of the thread, trolls. This is clearly a Fedor APPRECIATION thread. Fuck off :D Phone Post

This Dillon, this
1/11/13 9:55 AM
SamboSlim187

That's badass. Phone Post
1/11/13 1:31 PM
Dirk Bevlin
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

*insert gif of Frye/Takayama here* Phone Post
1/11/13 5:20 PM
Aleck911
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I actually made this thread because some douchebag said not to make anymore Fedor threads
Love Fedor
Hate Fedor
say what you want
just know that he was a great fighter
there may never be another like him again
feel lucky that you were able to witness him in your life
1/11/13 5:32 PM
Barry_BondsMVP
879 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

seeing him live was unreal, just his walk out gave me goosebumps.

1/11/13 6:22 PM
Dirk Bevlin
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That's no bullshit, man. I don't expect I'll ever experience anticipation as dreadful as what I felt for a Fedor fight.

One of these days I swear I'm gonna commision a fucking painting of Fedor to hang on my wall. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.