UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Anderson Silva, 10 more fights??

1/8/13 12:45 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Anderson P Sonnen
681 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Beyond belief, but amazing old news. Who do you all want to see him fight first? I would love to see him against Bisping if he wins. Weidman
Lombard
Vinny M (assuming our UGs own makes it to top 5)

Move on up
Rashad
Hendo
Gus
Glover
Jones

Still wouldnt mind seeing him face GSP either.

Thoughts UG? Phone Post
1/8/13 1:22 AM
Anderson P Sonnen
681 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I guess your all still thinking about it :)..... took me a while too Phone Post
1/8/13 1:31 AM
shaqitup
36 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If he fights 3x a year then maybe, but on his current trend of 2 fights a year and not even having one set up right now his chances seem low to me.

If he fights twice a year that will take 5 years, and i don't see him continuing his win streak for 5 years of he faces top competition throughout.

1/8/13 1:34 AM
Anderson P Sonnen

shaqitup - If he fights 3x a year then maybe, but on his current trend of 2 fights a year and not even having one set up right now his chances seem low to me.

If he fights twice a year that will take 5 years, and i don't see him continuing his win streak for 5 years of he faces top competition throughout.

Very likely, But let's say he continues the streak.... Phone Post
1/8/13 1:40 AM
MMALOGIC
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

well if bisping doesnt win his next fight then Andersons next opponent in the summer will likely be against Rashad Evans (assuming he gets past lil nog).

he probably wont finish the 10 fights... it's a retirement contract.

1/8/13 1:46 AM
Anderson P Sonnen

MMALOGIC -

well if bisping doesnt win his next fight then Andersons next opponent in the summer will likely be against Rashad Evans (assuming he gets past lil nog).

Yep....sucks to see my generations fighters go out :( Phone Post
1/8/13 4:06 AM
Anderson P Sonnen

I also acknowledge that things can change in a few years. For all we know Jon could be at heavy by that time Phone Post
1/8/13 4:19 AM
Dazednconfused
122 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

We could very well see Anderson vs Gsp and Jon Jones. Imagine the legacy he would leave if he were to beat the welterweight and light heavyweight champions. Phone Post
1/8/13 4:28 AM
Anderson P Sonnen

Dazednconfused - We could very well see Anderson vs Gsp and Jon Jones. Imagine the legacy he would leave if he were to beat the welterweight and light heavyweight champions. Phone Post
Not an Andy nuthugger, but he is my fav of all time. Without question and not because of hype either. He is a true gem and if he were to accomplish what you just mentioned, there would be no argument that he would be the greatest there ever was, the greatest there is, and the greatest there ever will be. Phone Post
1/8/13 4:50 AM
easedel

Since Feb 5th 2011 he has defended the belt 3 times.

Feb 5th 2011
6 months
Aug 27th 2011
11 months
July 7th 2012
6 months so far...

Bisping and Belfort is on the 19th. So we are looking at what? June or July fight at best for Silva vs Bis/Bel. He will be 38 by then & on the 1st fight of the 10 fight contract.

He is going to retire before he gets those 10 fights in. Unless of course he delays title defenses by trying for those bullshit superfights or unnecessary non title 205 fights.
1/8/13 4:55 AM
Dazednconfused
122 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Anderson P Sonnen -
Dazednconfused - We could very well see Anderson vs Gsp and Jon Jones. Imagine the legacy he would leave if he were to beat the welterweight and light heavyweight champions. Phone Post
Not an Andy nuthugger, but he is my fav of all time. Without question and not because of hype either. He is a true gem and if he were to accomplish what you just mentioned, there would be no argument that he would be the greatest there ever was, the greatest there is, and the greatest there ever will be. Phone Post
Agree 100% Phone Post
1/8/13 7:18 AM
UGCTT_OBEY
149 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Anderson P Sonnen -
He is no bret the hitman hart lol Phone Post
1/8/13 7:55 AM
Vidz
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm still very sceptical on him having 10 more bouts, but he hasn't taken that much damage throughout his career so its more than possible honestly but it'd almost be impossible to imagine him having these 10 fights without at least 1 or 2 being at LHW.

Anyway I'd love to see the following bouts

At Middle Weight: Chris Weidman, Rematch with Vitor Belfort, Hector Lombard & Personally I'd truly enjoy a striking battle between Costa & Silva
At Light Heavyweight: Obviously Jon Jones, Rematch with Dan Henderson, Glover Teixeria, As well as Gegard Mousasi & Brandon Vera just for a standup war.
1/8/13 8:03 AM
Anderson P Sonnen

I like that, but Vera? Love Vera, but cmon lol! Let Brandon get some gatekeepers. He showed heart against Shogun, but Anderson would torture him.

I like the Gegard idea though. Possibly even Rockhold, Phone Post
1/8/13 8:39 AM
Anderson P Sonnen

TTT Phone Post
1/8/13 8:43 AM
Gene Pitney

MMALOGIC - 

Wait...huh? has rashad confirmed a cut to 185?
1/8/13 8:44 AM
Anderson P Sonnen

Gene Pitney -
MMALOGIC - 

Wait...huh? has rashad confirmed a cut to 185?
No we were hoping Andy would move up, but Hashad has been considering it.... Phone Post
1/10/13 1:57 AM
Anderson P Sonnen

TTT Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.