UnderGround Forums

BJJGround Forum >> Carlson Gracie South Bay NOW OPEN!

1/8/13 3:25 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
shen
632 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 01/08/13 3:36 PM

[South Bay, Los Angeles]

The school looks GREAT!

The Facebook is "Carlson Gracie South Bay" if you want to see a few pics, etc. No website up yet and the phone will be in later this week but there are already a few students!

The instructor is Andre "Alemao" Vasconcellos (3rd Degree BB) from San Paulo. To this day, one of my very favorite people I have met in BJJ. You are in GOOD hands studying BJJ with this guy. More technique & insight than most could possibly digest and just a GREAT, GREAT human being. Seriously. He is a small guy who teaches a very technical style of BJJ.

Terrific addition to the schools in Southern California.

The address is: 20305 Anza Ave.(Suite C) Torrance, CA (the south-west corner of Del Amo & Anza)
1/8/13 1:24 PM
Decado24
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I meet Andre twice and he was a really great teacher. I wish him and his school all the best.
1/8/13 2:29 PM
checkuroil
215 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Good stuff Phone Post
1/8/13 2:36 PM
PTM2020
874 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ttt

1/8/13 3:06 PM
John Clarke
40 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ttt
1/8/13 4:46 PM
shen
632 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 01/08/13 8:54 PM

Membership (Monthly - No Contract required)
Adult: $120.00 - 5 days per week
Adult: $110.00 - 3 days per week
Adult: $100.00 - 2 days per week

They are offering a special "opening price" for the first 50 Members: $99.00 for 5 days per week (That is a PERMANENT set-price. If you are one of the first 50 students of the school, you pay just $99 for unlimited BJJ as long as you train at the school).

1/8/13 4:48 PM
Team Python
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nice.....I am going to stop in.....like the pics he has on the wall......wanted to do the same at my academy.
1/8/13 4:57 PM
shen

Team Python - Nice.....I am going to stop in.....like the pics he has on the wall......wanted to do the same at my academy.

Cool!

Actually Jr. liked the piece on the wall so much, they are going to have another made for his school.
1/8/13 5:10 PM
porra
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Post the pics on here please...and congrats! Phone Post
1/8/13 6:44 PM
rexkwondo79
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Very awesome, would love to pass along this info to some friends in South Bay. Who gave him his black? Jr?
1/8/13 7:32 PM
shen

Edited: 01/08/13 9:01 PM

^ Yes, though he actually has BB certificates from both Marcelo Alonso and "Rey" Diogo, too.

I was there when Carlson, Jr. and Rey gave Andre his black belt, but they mentioned they were also awarding it with the blessing of Marcelo Alonso who was Andre's main teacher in Brazil. All three guys gave him BB certificates. LOL.

Andre subsequently got his 1st-3rd degrees awarded by Carlson Junior.

I know Andre is still very close with all three guys.
1/10/13 12:12 AM
whaledog
74 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

shen - 
^ Yes, though he actually has BB certificates from both Marcelo Alonso and "Rey" Diogo, too.

I was there when Carlson, Jr. and Rey gave Andre his black belt, but they mentioned they were also awarding it with the blessing of Marcelo Alonso who was Andre's main teacher in Brazil. All three guys gave him BB certificates. LOL.

Andre subsequently got his 1st-3rd degrees awarded by Carlson Junior.

I know Andre is still very close with all three guys.

I was there too.  :)

I wish him the best of luck with the new school.

1/10/13 1:24 AM
Team Python
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

shen - 
Team Python - Nice.....I am going to stop in.....like the pics he has on the wall......wanted to do the same at my academy.

Cool!

Actually Jr. liked the piece on the wall so much, they are going to have another made for his school.

I have my guy working on it....downloaded all kinds of pics from the website.

http://carlsongraciechicago.ning.com/
1/10/13 6:19 AM
andre
416 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Alemao is everything that's right about Jiujitsu. He's a fantastic teacher, grappler and friend.

With no exaggeration, he's Saulo-like in his ability to teach. Phone Post
1/10/13 6:36 AM
PayItForward
135 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

where does Albert train?

would he train w/ alemao?

seriously though, it sounds awesome and at 100 dollars set price for unlimited, that's pretty unbeatable.
1/10/13 4:20 PM
Surfer Joe
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ttt
1/10/13 7:21 PM
shen

PayItForward - where does Albert train?

would he train w/ alemao?

seriously though, it sounds awesome and at 100 dollars set price for unlimited, that's pretty unbeatable.

"Forum" Andre posted recently that Albert got his Brown Belt from, I believe, Chris Lisciandro in the valley.

1/10/13 8:47 PM
PayItForward
135 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i don't know that i could forgive andre for keeping this news from me?

for shame. i missed purple belt albert and that illustrious guard, and now this?!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.