UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Getting to know Patricio 'Pitbull' Freire

1/8/13 8:33 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Fight! UK Online
197 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Patricio Pitbull finally gets his shot at Pat Curran in what should be an awesome fight at Bellator 85.

Here's a Q&A with the man to get to know him a little better, for those that don't know this beast already!

http://www.yourmma.tv/fighters/interview-details.asp/id/307/getting-to-know-patricio-pitbull-freire.htm

Some of it:

YourMMA.tv: In 2010, you came so close but lost out in the season two featherweight final against Joe Warren. How did you feel? What could you have done differently?

Patricio: I should have gone to the rear naked choke instead of punching him on the ground. The referee looked like he would stop the fight, but if I knew there was so little time left I’d go for the choke.

YourMMA.tv: In 2011, you went one better and actually won the tournament. What did you learn after your 2010 loss to Joe Warren in the final?

Patricio: To respect my body more, and to train better and don’t let any opportunity pass.

YourMMA.tv: How did it feel winning the Bellator S4 FW tournament? Were you happy with your performance?

Patricio: I felt great. I always think I can do more, but I’m satisfied I could beat so many tough opponents and get my chance to fight for the belt.

YourMMA.tv: Do you still train in Natal or are you only training at team Nogueira now?

Patricio: I do part of my training in Natal and finish it in Rio. My boxing improved a lot since I moved, other aspects of my game as well. Rodrigo, Rogerio and the coaches at Team Nogueira help me a lot and there’s a big number of name guys in the gym helping as well.

1/8/13 8:33 AM
Fight! UK Online
197 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

His second fight with Wilson Reis.

1/9/13 5:43 AM
Fight! UK Online

Beast

1/9/13 6:02 AM
Nexuscrawlers
68 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Great fighter! Thanks OP Phone Post
1/9/13 9:40 AM
Nexuscrawlers
68 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ttt Phone Post
1/9/13 9:42 AM
liquidrob
115 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wooooooooo
1/10/13 5:14 AM
Fight! UK Online

Nexuscrawlers -  Great fighter! Thanks OP Phone Post

No probs. Love watching both these brothers fight!

1/10/13 7:51 AM
Doc T
47 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I've been waiting for this fight for so long. I've been a LONG time Curran fan, love watching him fight. He has all the potential in the world. Also, Pat must be the highest rated fighter in any division outside of the ufc ? Phone Post
1/11/13 9:40 AM
Fight! UK Online

Yeah, Pat has been on some run of late. This is going to be an epic fight.

1/11/13 11:08 AM
soldave
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Big fight, wont be missing this card
1/11/13 12:51 PM
ec
76 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Gonna be awesome! Phone Post
1/14/13 6:40 AM
Fight! UK Online

Few more days!

1/14/13 11:41 AM
minotauro11
64 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I can't wait for this fight! War Pitbull! Phone Post
1/15/13 4:31 AM
Fight! UK Online

Beast vs. Beast!

1/15/13 6:28 AM
Nexuscrawlers

minotauro11 - I can't wait for this fight! War Pitbull! Phone Post
Ttt!!! Phone Post
1/16/13 6:29 AM
Nexuscrawlers

Omg, this fight is tomorrow!! Phone Post
1/16/13 2:31 PM
Nexuscrawlers

Ttt Phone Post
1/16/13 3:36 PM
liquidrob
115 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hopefully the lay off doesnt hurt him too much, it was a long time

The Winner of this fight will get busy really fast

Strauss up next, the winner of FW tourney in a couple months
1/16/13 3:36 PM
liquidrob

Hopefully the lay off doesnt hurt him too much, it was a long time

The Winner of this fight will get busy really fast

Strauss up next, the winner of FW tourney in a couple months
1/16/13 4:38 PM
minotauro11
64 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think I have to go all the way back to Affliction or maybe even Pride to come up with a fight that I was as excited for as I am for this one. Phone Post
1/17/13 9:34 AM
Fight! UK Online

Really cool card for tonight - might have to stay up late on a work night all the way over here!

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.