UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> WHERE YOU AT 12ers!?

6/20/13 2:24 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
LM76
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In Phone Post
6/20/13 6:41 AM
Lazer MMA

Weidman hype threw the roof. How many PPV buys do u see it being worth at the end of the day??
6/20/13 9:55 AM
Anderson P. Sonnen
655 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

CanadianGSPFan -
Lazer MMA -
Weidman hype threw the roof. How many PPV buys do u see it being worth at the end of the day??
Believe it or not, I did the averages the other day, and Anderson averages the secons-highest ppv sales of all champions when defending his belt. GSP was first by a long shot, and Anderson's was ahead of Jones' by about 5,000 or 6,000

I only counted actual defenses and didn't include Anderson's fight against Bonnar or his fight against Lutter (both ppvs iirc but not title defenses), but Anderson has been champ longer than the other two guys (had 10 total eligible ppvs to count compared to like 7 for gsp and 5 for Bones), so it's pretty damn impressive. The guy sells, even without proficient English.

I'm gonna low-ball it and say the fight does 550,000 (a number I'm using no statistics for, just a hunch with it being Anderson, a big name, and it being 4th of July weekend and all). It could do over 600,000 though. Phone Post
Nice calculations. I know i'll be buying it, anything has to be better than 161. Phone Post
6/20/13 10:09 AM
zebers3
308 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yeah I can see this definitely doing over 500k buys. 600k is a good guess. I think hardcores complain about fights like this thinking Weidman doesn't deserve it, and he's not a big name yet and it won't sell.

But I think it's much easier to sell fights to the casual fans than the hardcore fans, because the casual fans are more likely to buy into the hype, imo. So as long as Andy, GSP, and Jones are in a title fight on PPV, it's going to do solid numbers.
6/23/13 12:51 AM
Anderson P. Sonnen
655 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

12errrrrrrrsssss!!!!!!

Any of you fuckers watching War? Phone Post
6/23/13 12:54 AM
Sherdoggystyle

Here?
6/23/13 1:03 AM
Anderson P. Sonnen

http://new.livestream.com/accounts/4369605/events/2173796

Decent Phone Post
6/23/13 1:39 AM
GeneraI
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Anderson P. Sonnen - http://new.livestream.com/accounts/4369605/events/2173796

Decent Phone Post
TT.

Another solid post. Thanks Bud! Phone Post 3.0
6/23/13 3:32 AM
Anderson P. Sonnen

Np guys. I didn't catch the whole event, but what I did catch was pretty wild. Looking forward to the future of this org for sure. Phone Post
6/23/13 6:56 AM
Anderson P. Sonnen

Soooo I'm bored and cannot sleep. Here's some gifs to think about

6/23/13 6:59 AM
Lazer MMA

APS I do not want to see this thread moved.

here is something to think on 12ers, I just posted this.

"I do see a strange scenario with the the odds is unfolding. Finally I see lines moving (although still short of 3 to 1) a drop. There was not much padding there & I find that strange, very strange (both the lack of padding and lack of the line moving much more. For instance I jumped on JBJ (VS Sonnen) ASAP @ -600 (and again right after that bet @ -675). The line moved all the way to -1200 before dropping eventually. Likewise in that fight there was an unjust amount of padding to protect the odds makers against huge bets (not that I'm saying Weidman's chances are the same as Sonnen's LMFAO, just demonstrating the concept).

I'm a little surprised at the way this all is unfolding in this fight thus far to say the least."

6/23/13 7:44 AM
Anderson P. Sonnen

Oh Lazer, 1900+ posts later, I doubt a little eye candy would hurt. After all, they are SFW and I assure you less relevant topics have been discussed that weren't combat sport related.

On your note, I think from my standpoint that Weidman's chances are a bit better than Sonnens. He's smarter, younger, and arguably stronger than Chael. While he hasn't faced the top comp Chael has, I feel Chris' all around game is better. Chris will be coming to prove many wrong. He will make it a fight. At least I can only hope so from all the build up. Phone Post
6/23/13 7:52 AM
Lazer MMA

Ultimately my post APS underlines what the odds and line movement 'imply'!
6/23/13 7:58 AM
Anderson P. Sonnen

Yes I gathered that my good sir. I was just pointing out the disagreement I had based on line comparison. The Cheal/Jones line dropped for obvious reasons. While I know Chris has a long shot of winning, I do not think that assessment of these odds are too accurate...nor very farfetched either.

July.....hurry up please Phone Post
6/23/13 8:01 AM
Lazer MMA

"(not that I'm saying Weidman's chances are the same as Sonnen's LMFAO, just demonstrating the concept)." LOL APS it's early sir. Get some rest
6/23/13 8:02 AM
Anderson P. Sonnen

Touche Phone Post
6/23/13 8:18 AM
NorthernIrishZombie
169 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

My god, these gifs.

Is anyone else pumped for Invicta 6? I love their shows.

6/23/13 8:25 AM
Anderson P. Sonnen

More than pumped Zombie.

Cyborg, Coenen, Hyatt, and Namajunes all on one card? Too much awesome.

I'm really impressed with Rose and I can't wait to see what she does next. Phone Post
6/28/13 6:07 AM
PermitMeFisticuffsBrother
53 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Crocop by Armbar
6/28/13 7:57 AM
Lazer MMA

Edited: 06/28/13 7:57 AM

Rickson, the uncrowned king.

Chops: Ruas, Shamrock(s), Funaki, The Russian Bear, Smith, Bas, Sak, and the rest.

First guy to make real $$$ in MMA ever! If Colosseum paid him what they did for Funaki, he have fought anyone in the world Quick, before his son died........

Truth!
6/28/13 8:38 AM
zebers3
308 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

So what's everyone's opinion on Fight Master? You guys been following it much? I'm enjoying it, but I always love TUF anyways and this is just another TUF really haha
6/28/13 10:50 AM
Anderson P. Sonnen

Too watered down ^

And Joe Warren as a coach....WTF              

6/28/13 11:01 AM
zebers3

Joe Warren is certainly the odd man out. But I think he could end up being a great coach because he is still a part of this sport. Jackson is obviously the best one there. I feel like Shamrock is one of those guys that will be stuck in his old ways and not evolve with this sport. And Randy just doesn't seem interested at all.

I'll keep watching though just for some free fights if anything. Even though one of the finalists has already been revealed.
6/28/13 11:05 AM
Anderson P. Sonnen

The redheaded fighter is a beast though ^ Phone Post
6/29/13 11:49 AM
TEX4N
269 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

crossfire - Test Phone Post 3.0
Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.