UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> James Thompson to fight in UFC (sign here)

1/8/13 10:27 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
The Mammoth
106 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mega Colossus - 
Gene Pitney - signed. even though theres probably only like 2 heavyweights on the entire roster he could beat

ChaosOverkill I just voted you down by mistake my fingers are to big for this iPad I will restore  balance tomorrow sorry and what you say is true.

i dont think so - i could list quite a few where no betting man would put money against you..

• Dave Herman
  • Phil De Fries
  • Shawn Jordan
  • Christian Morecraft
i see you donkey konging these guys into oblivion.
1/8/13 10:35 AM
InspiritMick
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 01/08/13 10:35 AM

hell yes, why not

1/8/13 10:37 AM
stobe
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Signed
1/8/13 10:41 AM
Letibleu
1474 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 01/08/13 10:41 AM
Shit, I just noticed Thompson is in a 4 fight winning streak (i consider that NC a W).

While Bob Sapp kinda doesnt count (not by Thompsons fault mind you) 2 more decent wins and I could totally see him fight in the UFC against a schmoe to test the waters.

Consequently the fight I would love to see is Thompson vs Duffman.
1/8/13 10:41 AM
JohnnyChrist

After going 1-8, Thompson has beat Pudz, Bob Sapp, and Bobby Lashley. Futhermore he did not look that great against Lashley and honestly I think any UFC HW would be able to beat Lashley quite thoroughly. While I really enjoy Thompson's posts on here I think he should get 2 or 3 solid wins before he's in the UFC, hopefully vs a former UFC hw too.
1/8/13 10:43 AM
Loser Born Natural
207 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ryann Von Doom - Signed. He's a good dude and talented. He'd add an interesting variable to the mix. Phone Post
This Phone Post
1/8/13 10:43 AM
Letibleu
1474 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Just go after Timmeh. The UFC brass dislike him so much that if Colossus beat Timmeh he might get a green card to try 1 fight in the UFC
1/8/13 10:46 AM
The Mammoth
106 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bottom line is - i dont see any of the naysayers on here willing to fight the strongest man on earth.

James deserves his shot, he's entertaining and can bang with the best of them.

1/8/13 10:46 AM
Gene Pitney

James would you consider trying out for the next TUF Heavyweight season?
1/8/13 10:48 AM
shaqitup
161 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I would have no problem with them giving the guy a shot tbh, yeah he went through a rough patch for a while, but now he seems to be on the other end of it.

Has a few wins going, and maybe could get a couple more.

Especially since Heavyweight isn't exactly the UFC's deepest division.
1/8/13 10:50 AM
Tomato Can
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Good god no. I mean, congrats to the Colossus on putting together a little win streak, but lets not forget that before that he had lost 12 of 15 fights. Plus he's already in his mid-30s.
1/8/13 10:55 AM
The Mammoth

Tomato Can - Good god no. I mean, congrats to the Colossus on putting together a little win streak, but lets not forget that before that he had lost 12 of 15 fights. Plus he's already in his mid-30s.

right so he is turning it around.

hardly any bother to you if he is in the UFC is it? Surely it doesnt impact your life? Give the guy a break - lesser men would have bowed out. The Colossus is training hard, winning fights, entertaining fans and it would be exciting to see him in the cage. If Hunt can do it The Colossus certainly can

1/8/13 10:55 AM
Gokudamus stole my name
88 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I would rather see the Gong N Dash than watch Kongo do the lambada in the clinch again
1/8/13 10:56 AM
genshi
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fuck it.....I'd like to watch him swing in the HW division, man comes to scrap so why the fuck not? Also seems to be a cool guy from what I hear too.

I can see it now....James Thompson V Tyson Fury in UFC: Liverpool later this year.lol

But seriously yes James to fight in UFC please.

1/8/13 10:57 AM
The Mammoth

Gokudamus stole my name - I would rather see the Gong N Dash than watch Kongo do the lambada in the clinch again

fucking lol

vote up

1/8/13 10:58 AM
The Mammoth

genshi - 

Fuck it.....I'd like to watch him swing in the HW division, man comes to scrap so why the fuck not? Also seems to be a cool guy from what I hear too.

I can see it now....James Thompson V Tyson Fury in UFC: Liverpool later this year.lol

But seriously yes James to fight in UFC please.

Tyson Fury is such a clown

1/8/13 11:02 AM
Tomato Can
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Mammoth - 
Tomato Can - Good god no. I mean, congrats to the Colossus on putting together a little win streak, but lets not forget that before that he had lost 12 of 15 fights. Plus he's already in his mid-30s.

right so he is turning it around.

hardly any bother to you if he is in the UFC is it? Surely it doesnt impact your life? Give the guy a break - lesser men would have bowed out. The Colossus is training hard, winning fights, entertaining fans and it would be exciting to see him in the cage. If Hunt can do it The Colossus certainly can

All I'm saying is that I have no interest in seeing it and there are other guys I'd rather see on UFC cards.

And no, I don't agree at all that "if Hunt can do it the Colossus can". Mark Hunt was an experienced K-1 champ who also had a history of beating good MMA fighters.
SubbedZER0
336 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The guy chases down Emelianenkos trying to stop their consciousness. Get's Ko'd going after opponents, and then someone comments on a bunch of those KO losses, he tells them "i'll still sign a poster for you". Busted the ass of a multiple time WSM winner, twice. Proceeds to tell Pudz 'close mouth or get owned again'.

SIGNED

Tomato Can

Ryann Von Doom - 
Tomato Can - Good god no. I mean, congrats to the Colossus on putting together a little win streak, but lets not forget that before that he had lost 12 of 15 fights. Plus he's already in his mid-30s.
I'd pay 100$ for the ppv if he fought you. Phone Post

I love you too, sugar lips.
Cotton
497 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Why would people here of all places not want to see him get a fight in the UFC? Talk about hating. Nobody is saying give him a title shot or a main event. How many cards does the UFC have this year? You fucks can't let him have a little shine? He may not be the most talented fighter, but he is really tough and always shows up to fight.

He is a good dude that is not only on here, but the Rogan Board as well. I can only imagine what he would say to Rogan if he won and got an interview. He might say something like "It's either blue cheese with wings or go fuck your mother!" in a heavy British accent, which would be one of the most epic things ever to hear. That alone would be worth the fight.
1/8/13 12:07 PM
colgan

Nobody can deny that James is not entertaining both in and out of the cage.

Would always bring the fighting spirit and be a damn good interview Phone Post
1/8/13 12:09 PM
mmavixen
1091 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ryann Von Doom -  Signed. He's a good dude and talented. He'd add an interesting variable to the mix. Phone Post

This.

1/8/13 12:10 PM
GroundStPound

I'm on the JT Megapunk war wagon, Colossus is gonna flush the UFC down the toilet Phone Post
1/8/13 12:14 PM
Cotton
497 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

IT'S EITHER TEA WITH CRUMPETS OR GO FUCK YOUR MUM!
1/8/13 12:26 PM
DanCrase
46 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yeah, and before that he went 12/2. You can't just select a rough patch in the middle of a man's career and use it as a measure to judge him. There are many reason's for a fighter having a rough patch and fighting ability is not necessarily the whole story.

I'll sign this all day; he's popular in many countries (UK, USA, Japan) which are places the UFC is focussed on and he never brings a boring fight.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.