UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> James Thompson to fight in UFC (sign here)

1/8/13 5:19 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
DanCrase
64 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mega Colossus - 
JohnnyChrist - After going 1-8, Thompson has beat Pudz, Bob Sapp, and Bobby Lashley. Futhermore he did not look that great against Lashley and honestly I think any UFC HW would be able to beat Lashley quite thoroughly. While I really enjoy Thompson's posts on here I think he should get 2 or 3 solid wins before he's in the UFC, hopefully vs a former UFC hw too.

My stand up looked shit, to much bulk still and not expolsive enought. My take down defence and cardio were on point. That what i said while it good to get the W, it important not to get carry away. I reckon three soild wins and building up the different things i've got  going on lot of work to do inculding fighting but loving it.

This sounds good. Sounds like you have a plan in mind.

I also want a tshirt
1/8/13 5:26 PM
Big Pun
47 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The thread brings up a good point though. Who are the top free agents for heavies right now? It's a pretty short list.
1/8/13 5:29 PM
Tomato Can
102 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mega Colossus - 
Tomato Can - Good god no. I mean, congrats to the Colossus on putting together a little win streak, but lets not forget that before that he had lost 12 of 15 fights. Plus he's already in his mid-30s.

Thank you for your patronising congrats, it mean so much. Yep and everyone took a little bit of my soul, as  like a lot of fighters do i they identify them self as a "CAGEFIGHTER" So a loss hits so hard because it's you, it's not just a loss. Plus i've just turn 34, that still early thirtys, mid thirtys 35-37 late thirtys 37-39 not that it bothers me or that i've give it much though. But i'm good for a bit.

Honestly I didn't mean to be patronizing, sorry you took it that way. I understand losses are rough on a fighter, but if I'm being honest there are many other HWs I'd rather see on a UFC card. No offense meant, it's just my opinion, which obviously others disagree with. Good luck to you, perhaps you'll prove me wrong.
1/8/13 5:56 PM
QTyp
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

signed

I don't really care if he doesn't "deserve" a shot. James is exciting and comes to fight, not point touch. Fights vs Duffee, Hunt, Rothwell, Big Johnson, Kongo, etc would be fun as fuck, win or lose. Remember that Dana is in the entertainment business, ie Sonnen vs Bones.
1/8/13 5:59 PM
Outlaw'd by Lytle
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Signed!! Great thread OP!! Phone Post
1/8/13 6:06 PM
JOB
119 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Give him a shot on the next English card. He's no worse than Mustaffa Al Turk. And he's funny.
1/8/13 6:13 PM
Mega Colossus
435 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 01/08/13 6:15 PM
JOB - Give him a shot on the next English card. He's no worse than Mustaffa Al Turk. And he's funny.

While I appreciate the kind words delivered in such a confidence boosting way. I have to say Mus is a great fighter. He really is but he had bad timing with some shit that happensd in life. I get that you can't know all the background shit that happens in every fighters life. But I would ask you to bear the fact that such a large percentage of mma is mental, and if shit not right at home it's only going to get worse in the cage.

1/8/13 6:22 PM
youarewhatiswrong
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Do not underestimate the effect that a bit of confidence can have on a fighter's performance. James still has good years ahead of him at 34, and he seems to be really pushing himself to be the best he can. With the UG's support James cannot be stopped.
1/8/13 6:33 PM
TX_432
114 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

James I will gladly pay ppv prices to see you fight, you always come to fight that's all I care about. Best of luck mate. Phone Post
1/8/13 6:43 PM
MMArijuana

Mega Colossus -
Gene Pitney - signed. even though theres probably only like 2 heavyweights on the entire roster he could beat

ChaosOverkill I just voted you down by mistake my fingers are to big for this iPad I will restore  balance tomorrow sorry and what you say is true.

Lol. Love the honesty, James. I hope you put together some wins & make it to the UFC eventually. Phone Post
1/8/13 6:48 PM
H@GG!S

Signed, get him in.

1/8/13 6:49 PM
tears for lube

Huge fan, he's a gentleman and an exiting fighter who leaves it all in the cage. You really can't ask for anymore. Best of luck pal, from a fan in Dublin:) Phone Post
1/8/13 6:50 PM
Castroman

I'd sign this petition until the cows come home and I'll be rooting for The Colossus if it ever happens. Maybe a drop to light-heavy or middle weight might help. Almost there already, right?

Also, when can we expect the next podcast? They've been cracking me up. Phone Post
1/8/13 7:12 PM
Broady
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Signed! Phone Post
1/8/13 7:21 PM
Roman Monstrum
155 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In. Phone Post
1/8/13 8:48 PM
Steven McTowelie
343 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sounds good :) Phone Post
1/9/13 6:07 AM
The Mammoth
106 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mega Colossus - 
JOB - Give him a shot on the next English card. He's no worse than Mustaffa Al Turk. And he's funny.

While I appreciate the kind words delivered in such a confidence boosting way. I have to say Mus is a great fighter. He really is but he had bad timing with some shit that happensd in life. I get that you can't know all the background shit that happens in every fighters life. But I would ask you to bear the fact that such a large percentage of mma is mental, and if shit not right at home it's only going to get worse in the cage.

this - plus the eye poke from hell and nut shot from Hades didnt really help him either.

1/9/13 7:11 AM
smasht
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Signed! Phone Post
1/9/13 7:26 AM
PermitMeFisticuffsBrother
52 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

YES! the Thompson Trane gathers steam!!!!
1/9/13 8:50 AM
Mega Colossus
435 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Colossus Collective is getting stronger, why ? Because people are starting to get it. If your honest, put everything into what you do, you can't fail. How can you ?

These is all just word but these words will become action.An dthan those who stood on the side lines, will want to get involed and do you know what.... your'll be welcome. I'm off to train in a bit.
1/9/13 9:18 AM
BobD
47 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nice to see you active on here James.  Signed for sure!

1/9/13 9:20 AM
Bigbrockfanuk
53 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Signed Phone Post
1/9/13 9:22 AM
UGCTT_5 for fighting
228 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Signed. Phone Post
1/9/13 9:22 AM
LiftStrong
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

signed.
1/9/13 10:05 AM
Devlin
82 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

signed. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.