UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Overeem & NSAC meeting: License granted

1/8/13 7:54 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
stonepony
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

HexRei - SF didn't have any high-level strikers for Overeem to fight, frankly. Admittedly he didn't look great in the Werdum fight but that was mostly because Werdum flopped to his butt any time Overeem opened up with a combo (and Werdum's striking is consistently underrated anyway).

SF had some decent fighters. Fedor. DC. Josh Barnett (they would have beaten Overcheats). But you're right. For the most part, they had very lukewarm competition, and Overcheats struggled against them. Buentello had good hands, but he was old and out of shape, and Overcheats just flopped on him and wore him out. That his how he has achieved his few significant wins against significant competition.

He's not going to be able to do that with someone like Cain or JDS. They're going to knock him out just like every single other top-level opponent Overcheats has faced.
1/8/13 8:10 PM
sunnyko
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Authority Figure - Translation: a new Heavyweight Champion has been preemptively crowned. Phone Post
Exactly Phone Post
1/8/13 8:10 PM
Sub Aquatic
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 01/08/13 8:13 PM
stonepony - 
Sub Aquatic - 
stonepony -
TartanTopTeamsHeroinWhore - 
BendosBaptisedBitch -
Snake28 - Bye bye HWs overeems coming for u!!! Phone Post
Yea I'm sure Cain, JDS, Cormier and Hunt in particular are quaking in their boots at the prospect of shattering Reem's glass jaw. Phone Post

If you dont think Alistair is one of if not the most feared HW in the world you are naive. That much power and KICKBOXING CHAMPION OF THE WORLD TECHNIQUE? How many subs does Reem have btw?
If you think Cain, JDS and Cornier fear Reem then you are the one who is naive.

Sorry, but squeaking past Werdum (and gassing in the process) then beating a ghost of Lesnar does not a top 10 HW make.

Reem should beat Bigfoot but it's all over for him after that. The illusion and glass jaw will be shattered. Phone Post

Bigfoot can easily beat him. If we even get to see the fight. They may surprise him with a random test, in which case he's gone again. Werdum would win the rematch. Travis Browne would beat him. Lavar Johnson would beat him... I see multiple fighters outside the top-5 who will beat him if they get a chance. Cain, JDS... No contest. I'd love to see Roy put him down.
Hahaha what a joke step away from the keyboard and go back to sticking pins in your Reem voodoo doll Sadpony.

Your time is up - there's only a few more weeks left before Overeem stomps Bigfoot and secures his title shot and there's nothing you can do about it!

Better yet how about you SN bet me on the BF vs Reem fight if you're so sure about the conclusion? Phone Post

Funny, you're only confident when it comes to a mid-level contender from a 2nd teer organization. One of the many SF fighters who Overoids completely dodged.

And when your cheater gets suspended again before the fight even happens? You lose the bet.

I put Overcheats and Bigfoot about even. Which means not even in contention for the title. Bigfoot beat a one-legged Travis Browne. Your cheater couldn't strike with anybody in SF, he's not going to be able to strike with anybody in the UFC either.

Haha you're backpedalling already mate - in one post you went from "Bigfoot can easily beat him" to "I put Overcheats and Bigfoot about even". 

The great part about all of this is you've been shitting on Reem for so long now with no repurcusion while he was on the sidelines but now you're going to have to face the music come fight night. If Alistair beats Bigfoot convincingly he's next in line for a title shot and unquestionably the #2 HW in the world with the opportunity to claim the HW strap .

If you hurry mate you might be able to dig back through all the dumb things you've said over the past year and edit them out before you're exposed. That's a lot of editing with not a lot of time left tho!

ps: Yes if Reem tests positive and misses the fight I lose the bet and will happily eat crow. As should you if Reem puts a beating on BigFoot. 

1/8/13 8:13 PM
stonepony

BendosBaptisedBitch - 
stonepony - 
Sub Aquatic - 
stonepony -
BendosBaptisedBitch -
Yea I'm sure Cain, JDS, Cormier and Hunt in particular are quaking in their boots at the prospect of shattering Reem's glass jaw. Phone Post

If you dont think Alistair is one of if not the most feared HW in the world you are naive. That much power and KICKBOXING CHAMPION OF THE WORLD TECHNIQUE? How many subs does Reem have btw?

Sorry, but squeaking past Werdum (and gassing in the process) then beating a ghost of Lesnar does not a top 10 HW make.

Reem should beat Bigfoot but it's all over for him after that. The illusion and glass jaw will be shattered. Phone Post

Bigfoot can easily beat him. If we even get to see the fight. They may surprise him with a random test, in which case he's gone again. Werdum would win the rematch. Travis Browne would beat him. Lavar Johnson would beat him... I see multiple fighters outside the top-5 who will beat him if they get a chance. Cain, JDS... No contest. I'd love to see Roy put him down.
Hahaha what a joke step away from the keyboard and go back to sticking pins in your Reem voodoo doll Sadpony.

Your time is up - there's only a few more weeks left before Overeem stomps Bigfoot and secures his title shot and there's nothing you can do about it!

Better yet how about you SN bet me on the BF vs Reem fight if you're so sure about the conclusion? Phone Post

Funny, you're only confident when it comes to a mid-level contender from a 2nd teer organization. One of the many SF fighters who Overoids completely dodged.

And when your cheater gets suspended again before the fight even happens? You lose the bet.

I put Overcheats and Bigfoot about even. Which means not even in contention for the title. Bigfoot beat a one-legged Travis Browne. Your cheater couldn't strike with anybody in SF, he's not going to be able to strike with anybody in the UFC either.

ive never heard you this retarded stonepony. actually you're usually pretty solid. How are you so off on Overeem? mid-level? uve gotta be fucking kidding me. are we not talking about the same guy, are you biased for some reason, or are you new to the sport? Alistair is a LEGEND. you could ask any respected fighter and they would tell you that without hesitation. There arent many still in the game that are overeem's peers as far as longevity, opponents, pedigree, any thing you want to look at really. The only mma and kb champ ever. multiple mma championships. you shitting on SF just makes you sound like a fucking TUF newb bro. you understand that the whole SF = shit theory was debunked long ago. even before Bendo got a belt. idk why im wasting my time with this its the most ridiculous example of ignorance ive seen on this forum in a while.

No need to get angry (or should I say, u mad bro, just to sound like the experts who talk up Overoids?)... You didn't really address anything I said.

How many years did the biggest cheater in MMA history hold the SF title? Who did he fight? Fedor? No. DC? No. JB? No. Bigfoot? No.

He flopped on old man Buentello because he couldn't beat him striking. He flopped on Werdum. And, he beat the tire-salesman who never beat anybody but his girlfriend.

"you understand that the whole SF = shit theory was debunked long ago"

It was debunked when Bigfoot beat Cain?... When was it debunked? People like to fantasize about how everybody not in the UFC is the best in the world. That's why you probably believe Gil has a prayer (which is nonsense).

You know what the only real argument ever offered to support the myth of Overcheats' elite MMA-striking has been? In some of those many many fights where he was knocked out, he showed good striking before losing.

Okay...... He's a walking steroid. You know it. He was a less accomplished Brandon Vera before he packing on the muscle that he uses to pin fighters down. He squeaked by Werdum, and he beat death-bed Lesnar who had the least striking experience out of anybody in the entire UFC.

There is zero reason to believe he has any chance at all against any of the top UFC competition. This is why you didn't even try to offer an argument to the contrary. Instead of getting angry, you could just explain why you think the walking syringe has a credible shot at the title. Couldn't you?
1/8/13 9:01 PM
Lazer MMA

Cain is waiting.....
1/8/13 9:17 PM
Idgetmyasskicked
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Overrem will crush Bigfoot. But he wil probably lose to Cain simply do to cardio and stamina issues.
Overrem man handled Werdum who absolutely destroyed Roy Nelson. Yes he manhandled him. The only reason Werdum was able to strike at all was his charge but flop approach seemed to through Overreem off a bit, If anyone else would try that he would pound them into oblivion on the ground.
1/8/13 9:25 PM
stonepony

BendosBaptisedBitch - 
stonepony - 
BendosBaptisedBitch - 
stonepony - 
Sub Aquatic - 
stonepony -
BendosBaptisedBitch -

ive never heard you this retarded stonepony. actually you're usually pretty solid. How are you so off on Overeem? mid-level? uve gotta be fucking kidding me. are we not talking about the same guy, are you biased for some reason, or are you new to the sport? Alistair is a LEGEND. you could ask any respected fighter and they would tell you that without hesitation. There arent many still in the game that are overeem's peers as far as longevity, opponents, pedigree, any thing you want to look at really. The only mma and kb champ ever. multiple mma championships. you shitting on SF just makes you sound like a fucking TUF newb bro. you understand that the whole SF = shit theory was debunked long ago. even before Bendo got a belt. idk why im wasting my time with this its the most ridiculous example of ignorance ive seen on this forum in a while.

No need to get angry (or should I say, u mad bro, just to sound like the experts who talk up Overoids?)... You didn't really address anything I said.

How many years did the biggest cheater in MMA history hold the SF title? Who did he fight? Fedor? No. DC? No. JB? No. Bigfoot? No.

He flopped on old man Buentello because he couldn't beat him striking. He flopped on Werdum. And, he beat the tire-salesman who never beat anybody but his girlfriend.

"you understand that the whole SF = shit theory was debunked long ago"

It was debunked when Bigfoot beat Cain?... When was it debunked? People like to fantasize about how everybody not in the UFC is the best in the world. That's why you probably believe Gil has a prayer (which is nonsense).

You know what the only real argument ever offered to support the myth of Overcheats' elite MMA-striking has been? In some of those many many fights where he was knocked out, he showed good striking before losing.

Okay...... He's a walking steroid. You know it. He was a less accomplished Brandon Vera before he packing on the muscle that he uses to pin fighters down. He squeaked by Werdum, and he beat death-bed Lesnar who had the least striking experience out of anybody in the entire UFC.

There is zero reason to believe he has any chance at all against any of the top UFC competition. This is why you didn't even try to offer an argument to the contrary. Instead of getting angry, you could just explain why you think the walking syringe has a credible shot at the title. Couldn't you?

you pick out big foot/ Cain? thats nice. No Bendo, Cowboy, Diaz, etc etc. Overeem wasnt in the UFC and he fought who they put in front of him. Ive been following the sport a while now and over time ive learned that its necessary/ only logical to consider quite a few factors in ranking guys relative to one another. Especially when they fought for different promotions, against different opponents, or better yet, the same opponents where fighter-A beat fighter-B, fighter-B beat fighter-C, and A has a loss to C. Styles make fights and there have been plenty of guys from SF to beat top contenders and you don't have to be the best to be champion. You get some good match-ups and ur in. Its getting tighter as more and more guys at the top are the new school, equally competent in all disciplines sort. Every successful title defense increases in difficulty exponentially as the more you fights you have, the more likely you'll run into a bad match-up. wins and losses arent the end-all-be-all for me after watching years and years of the top guys going back and forth, wins and losses, rematches, robberies, and wars that could go either way on any given night.

and then theres the fact that you dont call it hype when its a guy with his record/ resume/ career/ pedigree/ reputation. Its my opinion that you are sleeping on the Reem and you'll eat your words in the end.

So... Your argument is that Overcheats' record, and every shred of anything that you can point to, doesn't matter. He's the best, despite every single shred of evidence. I disagree.

His kickboxing record is irrelevant, it's a different sport. What's relevant is his MMA record. He has been knocked out by every top fighter he has faced (minus the couple he was able to flop on and submit). He was irrelevant before he turned himself in to Bob Sapp. The reason he packed on the huge amount of cheater-muscle, is because he couldn't compete without it. He went from being knocked out by every credible opponent, to flopping on them and pinning them down with his roid weight.

You can't point to anything in the massive-cheater's MMA record to argue that he has a prayer in the UFC. You can't even make the argument that he was anywhere near the best in StrikeForce. "and you don't have to be the best to be champion" Yes. You're right.
1/8/13 9:28 PM
stonepony

Idgetmyasskicked - Overrem will crush Bigfoot. But he wil probably lose to Cain simply do to cardio and stamina issues.
Overrem man handled Werdum who absolutely destroyed Roy Nelson. Yes he manhandled him. The only reason Werdum was able to strike at all was his charge but flop approach seemed to through Overreem off a bit, If anyone else would try that he would pound them into oblivion on the ground.

Overeem has never been able to compete with anybody above gatekeeper level. Werdum fled the UFC, because JDS murdered him. Oversteroids couldn't strike with Werdum. Just like he has never been able to strike with any good MMA strikers.

Hence the 100 times he has been knocked out. Has JDS been knocked out 100 times? I forget. Remind me?
1/8/13 9:28 PM
stonepony

ssj - Overeem is current GOAT @ HW

K1 HWGP Champ, DREAM HW Champ, SF HW Champ.

The man's a BEAST.

Hahahaha... GD...
1/8/13 9:58 PM
hogh20

Stonepony is quickly becoming the flag bearer for retards on the UG. Look at the way that Overeem destroyed his competition at heavyweight. The way her ran through them. He threw Brett Rogers through the air. Rogers weighed 265 at weighings (and he Kod Arlovski, you said Rogers never beat anybody) He has destroyed people. Look how he destroyed Brock, Duffee. Get real. Use your eyes, not stupid numbers that can be misconstrued.
1/8/13 10:30 PM
stonepony

Don't throw your back out with all that desperate reaching buddy...

Overcheats coasted in SF. You know that. He dodged all of their best competition and fought how many times over how many years? He's irrelevant without his roid weight. You know that. He beat Lesnar, the guy with the least possible striking experience.

When Overeem faces the better competition, he gets knocked out. All you can do is point to Rogers the nobody and Duffee the rookie and Brock crawling out of his death-bed with zero striking credentials.

JDS will rip his head off if Overcheats is stupid enough to try and trade with him. So will Cain. So will Roy. So will several others.
1/8/13 10:36 PM
hogh20

you are just blind. He was crushing SF heavys. Nobody did that. Except him. Werdum is on the cusp of a title shot, he was totally outclassed.
1/8/13 10:48 PM
Animal Chin
77 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

stonepony - Don't throw your back out with all that desperate reaching buddy...

Overcheats coasted in SF. You know that. He dodged all of their best competition and fought how many times over how many years? He's irrelevant without his roid weight. You know that. He beat Lesnar, the guy with the least possible striking experience.

When Overeem faces the better competition, he gets knocked out. All you can do is point to Rogers the nobody and Duffee the rookie and Brock crawling out of his death-bed with zero striking credentials.

JDS will rip his head off if Overcheats is stupid enough to try and trade with him. So will Cain. So will Roy. So will several others.

ok. took me a while, but i now detect your sarcasm. this post gave it away. nice run.
1/9/13 12:59 AM
MMAinterviews
67 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 01/09/13 12:59 AM
MMA Interviews, owner

Here's video of the entire portion of the hearing where Alistair Overeem was in front of the commission

1/9/13 12:59 AM
stonepony

hogh20 - you are just blind. He was crushing SF heavys. Nobody did that. Except him. Werdum is on the cusp of a title shot, he was totally outclassed.

You obviously haven't been following his career... He didn't even fight the good SF heavyweights. Except for Werdum and that was a draw at best.
1/9/13 1:14 AM
Animal Chin
77 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

stonepony - 
hogh20 - you are just blind. He was crushing SF heavys. Nobody did that. Except him. Werdum is on the cusp of a title shot, he was totally outclassed.

You obviously haven't been following his career... He didn't even fight the good SF heavyweights. Except for Werdum and that was a draw at best.

that's gold, jerry! GOLD!
1/9/13 1:33 AM
JimmersonzGlove
508 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

2013 is going to be a great year with Nick Diaz and Reem back.

1/9/13 1:48 AM
Toquinho
57 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Haha lmfao @ stonepony's life work of being non-stop on the ug trying to combinve mma fans that Reem is no good haha only tomsee reem destroying all opponents vreating a meltdown....

But i understand stone"pony" is upset that reem ate his parents mamma and papa horse Phone Post
1/9/13 1:53 AM
stonepony

Toquinho -  Haha lmfao @ stonepony's life work of being non-stop on the ug trying to combinve mma fans that Reem is no good haha only tomsee reem destroying all opponents vreating a meltdown....

But i understand stone"pony" is upset that reem ate his parents mamma and papa horse Phone Post

If you believe he's on horse-meat, you should have RETARD stamped legally in big red letters across your driver's license...
1/9/13 1:56 AM
Animal Chin

stonepony - 
Toquinho -  Haha lmfao @ stonepony's life work of being non-stop on the ug trying to combinve mma fans that Reem is no good haha only tomsee reem destroying all opponents vreating a meltdown....

If you believe he's on horse-meat, you should have RETARD stamped legally in big red letters across your driver's license...

That's right, dude. Don't ever break character.
1/9/13 3:03 AM
sadisticsoldier
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

crossfire - 
Animal Chin -
UGCTT croy_00 - 
crossfire - 
Sam Sheridan - Bigger than before? is that possible?
Yes you can obviously tell from this pic that he's gained a substantial amount of mass , especially to the legs. Phone Post

See , here's the problem I have with that. If he gets past Big Nuts, he might very well have to fight cardio machine, Cain Velasquez. Let's say he can't knock Cain out in the first 1:30 of round 1, is he going to have the gas to last 25 minutes with all that mass?

I doubt Cain pushes the action as hard with him.
Why not ? Worried about eating knees while shooting for takedowns , the key to sucsess is to wear him down much like the JDS fight. Phone Post

Yes. If Overeem stops a takedown and lands a knee just about anywhere, I imagine a knee to the body though, I believe it would be close to a wrap. Cain will need to be very careful to not fail his shots, especially early. If he does he might not get another chance. I'd imagine even now Overeem has been hard at work on his defensive wrestling and punishing failed takedowns with the Blackzilians.
1/9/13 3:30 AM
Smellde Gluve
608 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

1/9/13 4:09 AM
stonepony

Animal Chin - 
stonepony - 

That's right, dude. Don't ever break character.

Still crying because you can't make an intelligent argument? Give it a try buddy... You'll be the first.

Watch Werdum vs JDS, then watch Werdum vs Overoids.
Then come back and say something really smart about why his record doesn't matter.
1/9/13 4:19 AM
behzad

So suspect Phone Post
1/9/13 6:37 AM
Zizzu
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lol, I forgot how stupid stonepony is. Thanks for the refresher.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.