UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Do you think Blood Doping happens in MMA?

1/8/13 6:52 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Tru
125 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Click For MMA Videos
HUMBLED1 - In the motocross world its heavily used by top tier guys. I think they actually spin the blood up, isolating the red blood cells,then inject before second moto.

did a video for a dr. who provides that service in las vegas.  Kobe bryamt had it done by another dr. in italy or somewhere in europe a few years ago when he had knee surgery.

The procedure is where they use your own blood, spin it, isolate the stem cell or plasma rich part of the blood, then heal you with you lol.

that is the tag line in the commercial I filmed...."essentially, we heal you, with you"

1/8/13 6:57 PM
GriffinQ
127 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Gokudamus stole my name - There is a certain UFC champ that bleeds thick dark blood when he cuts.

Just sayin
? Phone Post
1/8/13 7:01 PM
BALLSDEEP
157 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I want to believe
1/8/13 7:04 PM
The Super Bean
464 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GriffinQ -
Gokudamus stole my name - There is a certain UFC champ that bleeds thick dark blood when he cuts.

Just sayin
? Phone Post
Yes, who? Phone Post
1/8/13 7:50 PM
SilentSamurai8
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Just sayin
Lol

Who is that specifically..? Phone Post
1/8/13 8:54 PM
gooddoc

nick diaz nut hugger -  Gooddoc - what are the possible negative health effects of too much blood doping? Its use is prohibited in cycling, but why? Simply being performance-enhancing is not enough or whey protein would be illegal? How does it harm one's body by using too much of it? Phone Post

Blood viscosity; you can imagine that if you take your serum (the none blood cell component of blood) and keep adding red blood cells to it, it will eventually become like sludge. This would predispose you to things like heart attacks, strokes, or infarction of just about any other tissue. 

1/8/13 8:57 PM
BALLSDEEP
157 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 01/08/13 8:58 PM
^^How do you counteract the thick "sludge" build up? Donate blood/plasma?
1/8/13 8:58 PM
Animal Chin
104 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I have to caddie in a tournament in July and might do it. Middle of summer, 36 holes a day, and walking the course is damn near mountain climbing.
1/8/13 8:59 PM
BALLSDEEP

^^That's the spirit.
1/8/13 9:07 PM
gooddoc

BALLSDEEP - ^^How do you counteract the thick "sludge" build up? Donate blood/plasma?

Plasmapheresis, fluids, bloodletting???, or just keep exercising. I've heard stories from blood doping cyclist where they felt like they just had to train, like they would get up in the middle of the night during long competitions like the tour de france and just go riding.

1/8/13 9:14 PM
YouCantHandleMyRiddum
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

OP

1/8/13 9:57 PM
Matrixkick
59 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

gooddoc -
BALLSDEEP - ^^How do you counteract the thick "sludge" build up? Donate blood/plasma?

Plasmapheresis, fluids, bloodletting???, or just keep exercising. I've heard stories from blood doping cyclist where they felt like they just had to train, like they would get up in the middle of the night during long competitions like the tour de france and just go riding.

This.

There are many stories of cyclists waking up every two hours or so just to hop on a stationary bike just to get the blood flowing in their bodies. And like someone said earlier, THEY WERE ALL DOING IT!

I'm not condoning it by any means, but shit, if they were and Lance was still the best then so be it. It's actually a pretty dangerous process if your not careful.

As far as MMA, you better believe that it's part of the process. If you're one of the ones making good money it's a good bet.

"If you ain't cheating, you ain't trying to win" Been said and thought by many!

Sad but true... Phone Post
1/8/13 9:58 PM
Matrixkick
59 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

YouCantHandleMyRiddum -

OP

Lol Phone Post
1/8/13 9:59 PM
HexRei

superCalo -  Its not tested for by the nevada urine test, , so if do blood doping not going to get caught, so why not do it, expect in that regard it would be commonplace in the elite camps Phone Post

Surprisingly serious post by Calo is accurate
1/8/13 10:40 PM
gooddoc

Kid Charlemagne -
Kid Charlemagne - Erythropoietin!!! Phone Post
This is the hormone that is produced in the kidney that causes your bone to produce more red blood cells.

Do people still inject rbc? I thought that was long gone. EPO is the way they go.

Re: how they handle thick blood when they're done competing. Saline. Your blood is like a bowl of cherrios in milk. Phone Post
EPO is a hormone and therefore traceable. If you can just inject the RBCs which is the goal of EPO without having to worry about getting caught for EPO wouldn't that be preferable.

Now if you aren't worried about being caught then sure EPO would be easier. Phone Post
1/8/13 10:44 PM
Animal Chin
104 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kid Charlemagne -  It's very dangerous and shouldn't be done but if you were to do it, EPO is the way. Phone Post

that's the way i'm thinking of going.
1/8/13 11:01 PM
Matrixkick

Animal, what on earth could be your motive to use EPO? Honestly just curious. Phone Post
1/8/13 11:09 PM
UGSlapshot

I know it dose. Phone Post
1/8/13 11:10 PM
kid chaos
219 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sub Phone Post
1/8/13 11:11 PM
Animal Chin

Matrixkick -  Animal, what on earth could be your motive to use EPO? Honestly just curious. Phone Post

A tournament I have to caddie in on a course in July with big elevation changes for 36 holes a day. Not 100% sure, but I may need the help for my player.
1/8/13 11:15 PM
Matrixkick

Animal Chin -
Matrixkick -  Animal, what on earth could be your motive to use EPO? Honestly just curious. Phone Post

A tournament I have to caddie in on a course in July with big elevation changes for 36 holes a day. Not 100% sure, but I may need the help for my player.
Woulda never guessed this! I would think you could do much better with alternatives but what do I know.

Real talk. You sound like you must be fit. This must be one hellava course. Hawaii?! Phone Post
1/8/13 11:20 PM
Animal Chin

Not Hawaii. I haven't seen many courses I couldn't handle. This one is top of the list. If it wasn't 36 holes a day, for a couple of days, and in July, I could hang.

I'm in decent enough shape, but this is a meat grinder.
1/8/13 11:25 PM
Matrixkick

Damn I play lots of golf and you've got me stumped. I've seen some courses that I wouldn't want to walk much less caddy so I feel for you. Good luck man! Phone Post
1/8/13 11:31 PM
Animal Chin

Well, the problem is that I have to go to California and work the previous week at a mountain course and climb that fucker for a week. Then, hopefully Sunday, if my man makes it that far, jump on a plane and come to this course just to do it all over again the next day. He's one of the favorites to win so I see us going deep into both tournaments. With me on the bag he's a heavy favorite. :).

And I'm doing it for free.
1/8/13 11:34 PM
Chomas
88 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

slamming - I'd be very surprised if it wasn;t happening.

It's expensive but the upper echelon of fighters would have no problem doing it and they cant test for it.
That's what I think. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.