UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Marquardt: 'Of course' I'll fight GSP

1/8/13 4:40 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1235 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

Of course, yeah (laughs). Honestly man, anyone of those welterweights on that card, that card is stacked and any one of the three that win, that's who I want to fight. Obviously, I'd rather not fight Georges. He's my friend and training partner for a long time now.

But, like I said before, I'm not in the position to be turning down fights, so. I'd rather not fight him, but, I'm not going to turn down any fights."

transcribed by MMAMania.com...

1/8/13 4:52 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
rockemsockem
43 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Great attitude Phone Post
1/8/13 4:54 PM
vaginal tear
108 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rebook Hendricks and nate for #1 contender. If Diaz no shows Nate Gets to fights George's. Phone Post
1/8/13 4:55 PM
JOESONDO
77 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Makes sense. He lost his job and is looking for a way back in. Turning down fights is not the way back in.
1/8/13 4:55 PM
UGCTT_SidRival
553 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He made this statement when he announced dropping to 170. GSP said he wouldn't fight iirc. Phone Post
1/8/13 4:57 PM
caposa
1772 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He really did look like a killer in his last fight. Can't wait for this one

1/8/13 5:00 PM
Kings21
48 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I know GSP advised Nate to drop to 170 but its kind of an odd choice if you dont want to fight the champ....and if GSP doesnt want to fight him. I have a feeling they might actually go ahead and fight I could also see Nate agreeing to fight and GSP turning it down instead.(since hes actually in a position to turn down fights)

Its also odd because who drops down to settle for the #2 spot? Rory has been in this weight class all along so its not surprising they wouldnt fight.
1/8/13 5:01 PM
JROTT
103 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Marquardt is a wrecking machine.. This is a fight that GSP definitely doesn't want. Nate trains with him, knows what to expect w/ wrestling, has better stand-up and is just as big. It's pretty obvious when gsp says no and Nate says yes. Phone Post
1/8/13 5:04 PM
JROTT
103 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

crossfire - Nate vs Rory ! Phone Post
IN!!!!! Phone Post
1/8/13 5:04 PM
Matrixkick
54 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hope he worked on his wrestling. Phone Post
1/8/13 5:07 PM
shorebreaker420
1023 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

crossfire - Nate vs Rory ! Phone Post
That's would be at least 6 months since rory is fighting Condit later this year.. It nate wants a big fight In the UFC he's going to need to take a short notice fight or wait for rory Condit or gsp vs Diaz, or Hendricks vs jake either way it's going to take some Time Phone Post
1/8/13 5:08 PM
Kings21
48 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

nick diaz nut hugger -  This will be a great comeback fight for GSP after he loses his belt to the goat in March.

WAR DIAZ Phone Post

You jump to conclusions too easily. Let Diaz make some press events before we start talking about even stepping into the cage with GSP.
1/8/13 5:13 PM
yellow wrkahlc
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Good.

'Nuff said.

1/8/13 5:15 PM
Smokemonster
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

nick diaz nut hugger - This will be a great comeback fight for GSP after he loses his belt to the goat in March.

WAR DIAZ Phone Post
Is he fighting Silva now too?? Phone Post
1/8/13 5:19 PM
Kings21

nick diaz nut hugger - 
Kings21 -
nick diaz nut hugger -  This will be a great comeback fight for GSP after he loses his belt to the goat in March.

WAR DIAZ Phone Post

You jump to conclusions too easily. Let Diaz make some press events before we start talking about even stepping into the cage with GSP.
Signed contract is signed. Phone Post

And? I guarantee part of that contract involves press events. hes gonna have to uphold his end of the bargain and the past couple years he's had a really hard time with that. Part of the fight game is showing up to do press. Even if you're Mike Tyson and callin people faggots and saying how much hes going to fuck some white boy.
1/8/13 5:21 PM
DreamSTi

http://www.mmafighting.com/2013/1/8/3850464/strikeforce-champion-nate-marquardt-open-to-unification-bout-with-ufc
1/8/13 5:29 PM
Kings21

nick diaz nut hugger -  Ok kings we can discuss this in another thread, let's stay on topic Phone Post

Fair enough.
1/8/13 5:31 PM
omlet de fromage

GSP wins via better everything. Except for power. Phone Post
1/8/13 5:32 PM
Orcus Knows MMA Better Than Goku

firas is dissapoint

1/8/13 5:40 PM
GriffinQ
127 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I doubt a fight between the two would actually happen.

Nate says he would take it. Makes him regain favor from the UFC brass. Looks like he's down to take on anyone. If the fight is brought up by the UFC, GSP turns it down in favor of other contenders, not wanting to fight a teammate.

Nate looks better in the eyes of people who were disappointed in him, GSP has a lot of leeway due to being such a great champion and doesn't lose any stock in the eyes of the UFC, and they only need to avoid the fight long enough for GSP to go up a weight class, retire, or for one of em to get beat. Which, considering both of their ages and times in the sport, probably will be occurring for both of them in the next few years. Phone Post
1/8/13 9:46 PM
GOREILLAMAN
331 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nate spends most of his time training here in CO, I think he would actually take the fight.
1/9/13 11:06 AM
Smellde Gluve
613 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

1/9/13 12:01 PM
kinson

LilBrockonmychest - ATTN Cormier!!!! Pay attention.
BOOM! Phone Post
1/9/13 12:24 PM
Matrixkick
54 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Reed Rothchild -
Matrixkick - Hope he worked on his wrestling. Phone Post
It looked sharp against TWood Phone Post
GSP sets up his wrestling just "slightly" better IMO.

Did anybody else think Nate dwarfed (maybe a bit much) Twood?

I can't see that happening to GSP.. Phone Post
1/9/13 12:26 PM
Matrixkick

Smellde Gluve -

This is awesome. Their faces are priceless! Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.