UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> So AS would be favorite VS JBJ?

1/9/13 1:16 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Lazer MMA
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chimp Strength - 
andyman011 -
Chimp Strength -

I'm a big AS fan (nuthugger states by UG standards (not quite Thiaguy level)), but Jones is leagues above everyone else at LHW as he's proved time and time again.  Only person out there I think can beat Anderson.  I don't see how Anderson could be favourite stepping up a weight class and facing such a dominant champion.  Odd would probably be pretty short on each, but I would expect Jones to be favourite.

So wait, the guy who decisioned Bonner is leagues above the guy who is naturally smaller and destroyed everyone he fought at lhw Phone Post
No, you've got me wrong, I was not including Anderson in that as I would refer to him as a middleweight. Imo AS in GOAT I don't give a shit what people say about level of competition. He can only beat what's put in front of him and he does every time. So called super fights don't settle a debate, the advantage of size is always slightly in someone's favour... That's why we have weight classes. Phone Post

LOL at a few LBS, not spoken like a Hendo fan! AS does not have a size advantage at MW VS others? He can fight huge LHW's but not the best? There is nothing to prove?

BTW LnP backed me in a corner, I tried to avoid the conversation but he forced the issue.

Everyone knows AS is a great fighter.
1/9/13 1:39 PM
Chimp Strength
117 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

My point is that each person fights at a particular weight class because it suits them. A person would be inclined to fight at the weight division that affords them the best circumstances to be successful. Basic logic tells us that the best at a weight class below would have some success at the weight class above, but the guy at the top of that tree will be a significantly harder task than someone mid level. Thus goes for every weight division. Would I think GSP wasn't a great champion if he lost to Anderson? No. Would I think Anderson was any less the GOAT if he lost to Jones? No. Just because Anderson has had success at LHW and is the MW champion, it doesn't mean he's the best LHW. If it worked that way we wouldn't have the weight classes we do. Ill never understand why people go on about Anderson fighting JBJ yet you rarely hear about any other champion fighting a champion. Where's the calls for MM vs Cruz, Cruz vs Aldo, Aldo vs Benson, Benson vs GSP, JBJ vs Cain? Is it only on Anderson to prove his legitimacy? You talk about the quality of Andersons opponents, yet exactly the same could be said of the opponents of other GOAT candidates.
Sorry for the FRAT rant! ;) Phone Post
1/9/13 1:41 PM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA

Edited: 01/09/13 1:41 PM

EDIT: @ Lazers ridiculous responses:

Riiiight so you hold Anderson to this standard that he didn't 'fight the best when they were the best" while talking about a division that is NOT HIS rather a division above his.

Yet Jones, even IN his division, did not 'fight the best when they were the best'. Two of your constant bragging points for Jones were not even CLOSE to what they were when they were prime. (Shogun and Page)

Yet you do not hold Jones or GSP to the same "best when they were best" for a division above their own????

You're being a hypocrite by saying Anderson needed to fight 'the best when they were the best' in a whole different division, unless you are also critical of Jones for not fighting the best HWs and GSP for not fighting the best MWs...

Just because Anderson took a few fights at 205 to help out the UFC does not mean that one should hold him to a different standard if you want to compare him to Jones/GSP etc...

1/9/13 1:50 PM
Lazer MMA

Lazer MMA - 
Chimp Strength - 
andyman011 -
Chimp Strength -

I'm a big AS fan (nuthugger states by UG standards (not quite Thiaguy level)), but Jones is leagues above everyone else at LHW as he's proved time and time again.  Only person out there I think can beat Anderson.  I don't see how Anderson could be favourite stepping up a weight class and facing such a dominant champion.  Odd would probably be pretty short on each, but I would expect Jones to be favourite.

So wait, the guy who decisioned Bonner is leagues above the guy who is naturally smaller and destroyed everyone he fought at lhw Phone Post
No, you've got me wrong, I was not including Anderson in that as I would refer to him as a middleweight. Imo AS in GOAT I don't give a shit what people say about level of competition. He can only beat what's put in front of him and he does every time. So called super fights don't settle a debate, the advantage of size is always slightly in someone's favour... That's why we have weight classes. Phone Post

LOL at a few LBS, not spoken like a Hendo fan! AS does not have a size advantage at MW VS others? He can fight huge LHW's but not the best? There is nothing to prove?

BTW LnP backed me in a corner, I tried to avoid the conversation but he forced the issue.

Everyone knows AS is a great fighter.

By reading you know he FORCED my ass there! I told him this was a betting thread but he would not stop trolling and challenging me!

So I set the record straight in that that you can not compare the average opponent JBJ fight to AS's, it's MUCH higher PERIOD. Plus in fairness he must defend this record in a GOAT conversation.

LnP knows I'm not even a fan really of GSP because he FAILED to challenge AS! I was a big fan! He said he wanted it and he just dicktucked. I have one standard and your second favorite fighter lives up to it sir! Aldo and Benson said they are going to move up and JBJ too. WTF do you want?

1/9/13 1:57 PM
Lazer MMA

LnP please leave the thread. You forced me to to talk about AS's record after I asked you to stop because this was a betting thread. But you troll would not let it TF go!!

"Riiiiiiiight, the old "don't derail the thread" dicktuck...."
"You want to end this conversation because you know how stupid it is making you look."

So for the first time ever on this site I laid it out in full. AS's record and you respond as above. That's F'IN sad bro! WTF must you troll threads looking to start trouble! I was looking for none again. Please go

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.